- 15 years of total experience, which includes more than 4 years working with AWS and more than 6 years with Big Data tools
- Very good understanding of the AWS landscape and the governance required to keep the environment safe, secure and cost effective.
- Experience building resilient, reusable and automated infrastructures on AWS using tools like CloudFormation, Terraform and Ansible
- Extensive experience with Apache spark cluster deployment and maintenance
- Extensive experience with traditional Business Intelligence and Data Warehouse tools
- Experience in data management, from RDBMS, semi - structured and unstructured data to NoSQL data stores
- Experience working in Agile, Scaled Agile and CICD environments
- Experience in writing technical documents/specifications such as roadmaps, design documents, best practices and status reports
- Excellent analytical, problem solving, communication and interpersonal skills, with ability to interact with individuals at all levels
- Passionate follower of emerging tools and technologies and an avid learner that recently studied data mining, statistical analysis and modeling and machine learning concepts
Cloud: AWS (EC2, EMR, Lambda, RDS, S3, CloudWatch, DMS, SNS, SQS)
Big Data: Hadoop (Cloudera Distribution), AWS EMR, Spark, Kafka
Configuration: Ansible & Terraform
ETL & Reporting: BusinessObjects, Ab Initio
Databases: HBase, MongoDB, Oracle, Teradata, SQL server, DB2
Methodologies: Agile, Scaled Agile
Monitoring: Data Dog, Pager Duty, Cloud Custodian
DB Migration: Qlik Replicate
Others: Jenkins, Service Now
AWS Solution Architect
- Plan and execute a PoC to migrate the structure and data from an on-prem DB2 region to an AWS Aurora PostgreSQL cluster using Qlik Replicate as the migration tool.
- Created Cloud Formation Templates to build AWS Data Migration Service (DMS) infrastructure to enable data migration between environments within AWS.
- Prepared the detailed Solution Architecture Document for initial migration as well as Change Data Capture (CDC) until final cutover.
AWS and Big Data Architect
- Helped architect the first ever Ab Initio deployment on AWS.
- Built a resilient and secure platform that adhered to the strict RTO and RPO requirements. Designed and implemented a snapshot and S3 based backup/DR setup for in-region and out-of-region AWS failures.
- Set up alarm-based monitoring for the environment using tools like DataDog and Pager Duty in addition to AWS CloudWatch.
- Identified areas of improvement and optimized the platform for both efficiency and cost.