- 8 years of experience in Financial services, IT and banking industries as MS SQL Server 2019/2017/2016/2014/2012/2008 Database Developer in Windows Environment.
- Extensive experience in T - SQL, SQL Server Integration Services (SSIS), SQL Server Reporting Services (SSRS).
- Experienced in Design, Development, Testing, Implementation and Production, support SDLC of Data Warehouse, Client/Server, RDBMS and Web Based Application.
- Expertise in Data Extraction, Transforming and Loading (ETL) using SQL Server Integration Services (SSIS), Data Transform Services (DTS), Bulk Insert, BCP.
- Experience in building robust Architecture to organize Data flow from heterogeneous/homogeneous system using SQL Server Integration Services (SSIS) and Data Transform Services (DTS).
- Expertise in upgrading/migrating from DTS to SSIS packages, resolving complex issues and Error Handling in SSIS.
- Expert in importing - exporting data between different data sources like Excel, Access, Oracle etc. using SSIS.
- Knowledge of Project deployment and Package deployment model using SSIS.
- Experience in management and maintenance of SSIS by creating SQL mail Agent, Jobs, Alerts, and Schedule SSIS/ DTS packages through scheduler such as SQL server agent.
- Skilled in event handling such as Break point, checkpoints and logging using SSIS.
- Extensive knowledge in Tuning SQL queries and improving the query performance.
- Proficient in creating Index, Views, Complex Stored Procedures, appropriate functions, and effective experienced in implementation of strong referential integrity and auditing by the use of triggers and SQL Scripts.
- Expert in creating Chart reports, Drill down and Drill through Reports, Cascading parameter report by passing parameters in SQL Server Reporting Services (SSRS).
- Expert in Database Normalization, Optimization and Tuning, Backup/Restore, Data Import/Export, Troubleshooting, and Database Objects authorization.
- Expert in calculating measures and dimension members using multi-dimensional expression (MDX), mathematical formulas, and user-defined functions.
- Experience in creating reports using SSRS (SQL Server Reporting Services), Crystal Reports, and OLAP including Interfaces with BIDS (Business Intelligence Development Studio).
- Experience in designing Database Models using MS Visio and ER-win.
- Self-motivated and possess ability for critical thinking, analysis, good interpersonal and communication skills.
- A well-organized, goal-oriented, highly motivated effective team member with excellent analytical, troubleshooting, and problem-solving skills.
RDBMS / Databases: MS SQL Server 2019/2017/2016/2014/2012/2008 , Oracle 8i, MS-Access 2019-2010
Operating Systems: Windows Server 2012/2008/NT/windows 10/7/95/ XP, MS DOS 7.0
Modeling Tools: Microsoft Visio 2003, Erwin 3.x
Reporting Tools: Crystal Reports 8/10, SQL Server Reporting Services (SSRS)
Integration Services: SQL Server Integration Services (SSIS), Data Transformation Services (DTS)
Database Tools: MS SQL Server Enterprise Manager, SQL Profiler, Query Analyzer, OLTP, DBCC, BCP, OLAP, ADO.NET, Database Engine Tuning Advisor (DTA)
Internet Tools: Internet Information Server (IIS 5.0 / 6.0), FTP, TCP/IP
Other Tools: Microsoft Office 2019/2016/2013/2010
SQL Developer/SSRS Developer/SSIS Developer
- Performed data extraction, transformation and loading (ETL) between systems using SQL tools such as SSIS.
- Created SSIS Packages to export and import data from CSV files, Text files and Excel Spreadsheets.
- Used OLEDB Source, Excel Source, Flat File Source, Look-up, Conditional Spit, Merge Join, Multicast, Union All, Derived Column, Pivot, Un-pivot, Data Conversion, OLEDB Destination, Flat file destination in data flow.
- Used For Loop, For Each Loop, Sequence Container, Execute SQL Task, Send Mail Task, Package Events, Precedence Constraint to achieve business requirement.
- Designed configurations, logging/auditing, package error handling, data error logging and checkpoint in SSIS Package model.
- Worked with Business Analysts to understand the report requirements.
- Interacted with end users to understand the Business Logics as per the need.
- Created, implemented and maintained a reporting suite of over 56 standard reports while also customizing many reports to meet individual client needs.
- Developed various operational Drill-through, Drill-down and parameterized reports based on the report’s requirements using SSRS.
- Developed different kind of reports such a Sub Reports, Charts, Matrix reports, Linked reports.
- Used cascaded parameters to generate a report from two different Data Sets.
- Involved with Query Optimization to increase the performance of the Report.
- Created complex stored procedures to generate reports using SSRS
- Designed Reports in SSRS, using Shared data source and specified data source.
- Identified and defined the Datasets for the report generation.
- Defined the report layouts and formatted the reports using the Global Variables and Expressions
- Deployed and Subscribe Reports using SSRS to generate all daily, weekly, monthly Reports.
- Developed and rendered monthly, weekly and daily reports as per the requirement and gave roles, user access with respect to security in Report Manager.
- Prepared required documentation for system support and end users and provide end-user training for the reports and analytical solutions
- Provided technical assistance by responding to inquiries regarding errors, problems, or technical questions; train end users and technical support staff as required
- Interacted in weekly meetings with Team Manager to give status updates on projects.
Environment: MS SQL Server 2017, T- SQL, MS Excel 2016, Microsoft SQL Server Integration Services (SSIS), Microsoft SQL Server Reporting Services (SSRS), SQL Server Business Intelligence Development Studio, C#, .Net.
MS SQL Developer/ SSIS/SSRS
- Extensively worked with Business Users gathering their requirements and actively cataloging and supporting various issues and providing their solution.
- Involved in Designing, Developing and Testing of the ETL (Extract, Transformation and Load) strategy to populate the data from various source systems such as PMS (Property Management System), HRS (Hotel Reservation System) using SSIS.
- Responsible for coding SSIS processes to import data into the Data Warehouse from Excel Spreadsheet, Flat Files and OLEDB Sources.
- Performed Data cleansing by creating tables to eliminate the dirty data using SSIS.
- Involved in performing incremental loads while transferring the data OLTP to data warehouse using different data flow and control flow tasks in SSIS.
- Used various transformations like Conditional split, Lookup, multicast, Merge join, derived column while loading the data into Destination.
- Use ETL to implement the slowly changing Transformation, to maintain Historical Data in Data warehouse.
- Created packages in SSIS with error handling by using precedence constraints so if package gets failed it use to notify us by using emails.
- Worked with different methods of logging in SSIS.
- Designed & Supported daily, weekly, monthly batch processes using SQL server agent scheduler
- Deployed the packages using Project deployment model using SQL server management studio and SQL server integration services.
- Responsible for creating database objects like table, views, Store Procedure, Triggers, Functions etc. using T-SQL to provide structure to store data and to maintain database efficiently.
- Extensively used joins and sub queries to simplify complex queries involving multiple tables.
- Optimized the performance of queries with modification in TSQL queries, removed unnecessary columns, eliminated redundant and inconsistent data, normalized table, established joins and created Clustered, Non-Clustered indexes whenever necessary.
- Generated multiple reports using SSRS from SQL Server Database (OLTP) like Confidential PMS rpt and Confidential HRS rpt and included various reporting features such as group by, drilldowns, drill through, sub-reports, navigation reports (Hyperlink) etc.
- Created different Cascading Parameter Reports which consist of report criteria in various reports to make minimize the report execution time and to limit the no of records required.
- Created Subscription of reports in different formats like pdf, excel etc. to be executed automatically on daily, weekly and monthly basis.
- Deployed and configured the reports in the Report Server.
- Provided documentation about database /data warehouse structures and updated functional specification and reports and SSIS Packages.
Environment: MS SQL Server 2016, T- SQL, MS Excel 2016, Microsoft SQL Server Integration Services (SSIS), Microsoft SQL Server Reporting Services (SSRS), SQL Server Business Intelligence Development Studio).
Confidential, Kansas City, Missouri
SQL Developer/SSRS Developer/SSIS Developer
- Involved in the Requirement Analysis, Design phase and Development phase of Water Fall SDLC model system.
- Perform all SDLC phases related to extract, transform, and load (ETL) processes using SQL Server Integration Services (SSIS) and SQL Server T-SQL stored procedures within MS SQL Server 2014 and 2016 environments.
- Developed T-SQL Dynamic and Static Stored Procedures and Queries to develop Decision Engine.
- Developed User Defined Functions for giving Scores and views for the application.
- Created SSIS packages for Dynamic ETL flow to validate, extract, transform and load data into database.
- Developed, monitored and deployed SSIS packages.
- Performed Incremental load with several Dataflow tasks and Control Flow Tasks using SSIS.
- Maintained Batch logging, Error logging tables and handled errors using Event handlers.
- Created SSIS package to Export and Import data from SQL Server to Access, Text and EXCEL files and Configured SQL mail agent for sending automatic mails.
- Configured Connection Manager files for SSIS packages to dynamically execute on Quality Analysis server and Production server. Created Stored Procedures for that.
- Developed Parameterized, Drill-through, and Drill-down Reports to get monthly customers opened account details and profits using SSRS.
- Involved in deploying, configuring and managing reports using Report Manager and Report Builder.
- Formatted the reports using the Global variables and expressions.
- Created OLAP models based on Dimension and Facts for efficient loads of data based on Star Schema structure.
- Recognized the fact and dimension tables in the OLAP database.
- Reviewed and fine-tuned stored procedures and triggers before production migration.
- Improved Performance by creating Clustered and Non-clustered Indexes and by optimizing the T-SQL statements using SQL profiler.
- Documented all the new procedures, troubleshooting issues and solutions, Enhancement and changes in Daily and monthly running processes, and maintain the database for future reference.
Environment: MS SQL Server 2014, T- SQL, MS Excel 2013, Microsoft SQL Server Integration Services (SSIS), Microsoft SQL Server Reporting Services (SSRS), SQL Server Business Intelligence Development Studio, Team Foundation Server (TFS), Visual source safe (VSS).