- 3.5 yr Experience with Netcool/OMNIbus system and event management systems .Bmc remedy, Nagios, HPOVO, NNM, HP Temip in a highly paced environment.
- 3.5 years experience with Unix/Linux operating systems and SQL & Relational Database
- 3.5 years scripting experience (Shell, Perl)
Operating Systems: WINDOWS 9X / XP, VISTA, Unix/Linux - RHEL,solaris,SUSE,VMware Images
Development/Scripting: PERL, python, Shell/Unix scripting, SQL
DBMS Packages: mySQL, oracle 9i, cassandra
Tools: Expertise: OSS, IBM Tivoli Netcool, omnibus,Webtop,Impact,probes,Nagios, Confidential, gateways
Datasources/probes: SNMP,OSSRC,corba, Huawei, Confidential, nokia others - manual testing, functional testing,quality assurance, BMC Remedy
Team player, Quick learner, can work in multiple projects/tasks Confidential a time, Strong communication skills, Flexible & Adaptable and capable of working effectively in highly innovative and fast-paced environment.
Solution Integrator (SME-Subject Matter Expert)
- Developing the codes for probes,rules files. Testing the integrations.
- Maintaining/Creating/Documenting Development standards for monitoring, alerting and event management
- Understanding of event correlation
- (projects below)
- Installing probe for Netcool/OMNIbus.
- Installing WebGUI Components.
- Integration with BMC Remedy
- Creating users, Groups and Roles in ObjectServer.
- Configuration of process agents for Netcool/OMNIbus
Senior software engineer
- experience of STLC- Software Testing Life Cycle including documentation (Test Plans, Test Cases)
- Experience on Defect tracking & knowledge of Defect Life cycle using Defect management tools.
- Sound knowledge of SQL, perl scripting and UNIX
- Trained by the organization on Cloud/ BigData debugging
- NMS/ Confidential understanding of fault management (FM),performance management (PM),FCAPS, provisioning & TM
- Experience on administration of high availability systems such as Linux, VERITAS or HPUX clusters.
- Familiarity with regular proactive and preventive maintenance (backup, alarm analysis, problem detection).
- Working for Tivoli Netcool Omnibus applications and Confidential products development
- Developing and coding for Vodafone project
- Confidential Project:- On site of client
- Only Primary developer from Confidential to client s site.
- Responsible for development of probes, rules, filters,policies
- And integration and testing of alarms for Confidential products
- Handling event correlations to assist in logical alerts and root cause analysis
- Rules files development
- Along with development handled major responsibilities like Cisco devices, Extreme Networks devices and Juniper devices Integration to Netcool, Design Documentations, connectivity etc.
- Interacted with client to gather their requirements and presented to them the proposed changes that are to be done.
- Prepared Design Documents as per the requirements from customer.
- Understand the Requirements (both functional and non functional) by going through the specifications and with inputs from Business Analysts in order to participate efficiently in the design, development and testing phases of the project.
- Code to develop rules files for each kind of device & Integration of device types Cisco 2800, Cisco 3500, Extreme Summit X 450a-48t and Juniper ISG 1000 to Netcool via SNMP.
- Perform validation activities based on plans, identification and validation.
- Functional and integration Testing,
- Performing troubleshooting, pager rotation; following production impacting issues to resolution in an efficient manner.
- Implementing upgrades and patches to the existing NetCool environment.
- Product development for Confidential & Confidential ‘s R&N using perl unix
- Experience working in mixed Linux / UNIX/ FreeBSD environments
- Developing and executing test campaign of Cloud storage based product R&A
- Determine & validate the measurements generated
- Provide test results reports, graphs and KPI behavior descriptions
- Development for probes rules file for netcool
- Development of codes for probes
- Writing the policies
- Managing gateways, designing filters
- Configuring the incidents columns in Netcool/OMNIbus
- Configuration of gateway property files with the ObjectServer
- Creating the log ticket menu in the event list and automate the ticket creation process.
- Testing and Demonstration
- Test and generate sample events in TIP / Desktop Client
- Coding various many rules file as required by the client
- Only primary resource from Confidential for Netcool and appreciated by client