- Expert level knowledge and experience in Information Technology, including mainframe programming in multiple languages with COBOL, CICS, VSAM, JCL, and 4th GL as well as over 25 years PC experience.
- Also performed full life - cycle testing of programs, JCL, PROCS and parameters in every company that I have worked for. In addition, all of my programmer analyst positions have required providing technical support to end users, especially at Nationwide where I was a member of the walk-up/break-fix team tasked with providing software support for the Prepackaged Automated Life and Liability Management (PALLM) system.
- I have deep experience with PC DOS, all versions of Windows, and multiple Microsoft Office products, Word, Excel, Power Point, Access and Visio.
Hardware: IBM 6062, IBM 3094, IBM3090, IBM4381, NCR CENTURY 201NCR 315-100
Operating Systems: Z/OS Sysplex, MVS-XA, DOS-VSE, B-3, DOS, TOS
Languages: COBOL, EASYTRIEVE, JCL, NEAT/3 Level I, II & III, NEATANEAT, ASSEMBLER, SAS, Java, C, C++
Data Bases: IMS DB/DC, DB III, DB IV, VSAM, ACCESS
Facilities: TSO/ISPF, ROSCOE, CICS, IBM DBUG, REXX, UCC7, CA7, CHANGEMAN, PANVALET, CA-Tape, OLPD, ELIPS, Finalist, FTP, INFOMan, Hourglass
PC Experience: End-user since 1984
Hardware: IBM PC, COCO2, 286, 486, Pentium, Pentium Pro, Intel Duo E6750 w/RAID
Operating Systems: TOS, DOS, Windows 3.0, 3.11, 95, 98, 98 Release 2, XP, VISTA, NT
Confidential, Columbus, OH
- Responsible for production support on a rotating basis
- Responsible for up to 4 development CICS regions whose daily or on request batch NETs consisted of 130 to 160 jobs, 1350 to 1800 steps, and 21,000 to 32,000 JCL statements
- Writing, modifying or running jobs and programs as required, making changes to CA7 as required.
- Daily review of CICS abend report with complete analysis of abends in the PALLM system.
- CICS Web Support
- Daily support for user generated problem tickets with the PALLM system.
- Developing REXX programs that allowed users to map files with existing copybooks.