- MS SQL Server Developer with over 15 years of strong experience in M.S. SQL domains.
- Highly proficient in operating MS SQL Server 2017/2 /2008 R2/2008 suite of products like SSIS, SSRS.
- Conversant with all phase of Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC) involving Systems Analysis, Design, Development and Implementation.
- Extensive experience in Business Intelligence in MS SQL Server Integration Services, MS SQL Server Reporting Services, and MS SQL Server Analysis Services.
- Hands on experience in Logical and Physical Database design & development, Normalization and Data modeling using Erwin data model.
- Proficient in using T - SQL for developing complex Stored Procedures, Triggers, Tables, Views, User Functions, User profiles, Relational Database Models and Data Integrity, SQL joins and Query Writing.
- Created Star schema dimensional modeling for the data mart and created dimension and fact tables based on the business requirement.
- Designed SSIS packages to Extract data from different sources like SQL Server 2017/2016/2014 , MS Excel, MS Access transform them and load into Dimension and Fact tables in Data Warehouse using SSIS
- Expert in Developing SSIS Packages to Extract, Transform and Load (ETL) data into the Data Warehouse from Heterogeneous databases such as Oracle, DB2, Sybase and MS Access.
- Conversant in working with BCP, SSIS packages, creating jobs and linked servers for MS SQL Server/Oracle/ DB2 databases
- Proficient in Creating SSIS packages to perform ETL related tasks and prepare SSIS Projects for deployment.
- Expert in Creating and Deploying SSRS Reports using SQL Server, DB2 on the portal for user accessibility.
- Highly experienced in writing Parameterized Queries for generating Tabular reports, Formatting report layout, Sub reports using Global Variables, Expressions, Functions, Sorting the data, defining data source and subtotals for the reports using SSRS
- Good at developing reports using different Reports Tools SSRS, Tableau, and MS Power BI.
- Design data visualization to create multiple charts by using MS Power BI and Tableau for business analysis.
- Proficient in using tools like MS SQL Profiler, Database Engine Tuning Advisor, Windows performance for monitoring and tuning SQL Server performance.
- Maintained and tested the Database schema, Stored Procedure, Trigger, Integration test of SQL Server. Reviewed the packages in SSIS, reports in SSRS.
- Conversant in Database Installation, Capacity Planning, Implementing Backup and Recovery Strategy for application and database.
- Formatted reports with parameters and embedded functions with expressions
- Proficient in performing DBA tasks including installing and configuring SQL servers and backups/restore and recovery of databases and Create Users and assign permissions based on the level of database access the user would need.
- Efficient in up gradation and migration from MS SQL Server 2005/2008 to MS SQL Server 2008R 2/2012/2014.
- Strong leadership, communication, problem-solving and multitasking abilities. Demonstrated experience seamlessly learning new technologies in a short span of time, integrating well into any environment, and working well under pressure.
- Embedded Power BI reports and also managed access of reports and the data for individual user using Roles.
Skills: MS SQL Server 2017/2 /2008 R2/2008, MS SQL Server Integration Service (SSIS), MS SQL Reporting Services (SSRS), Visual Studio 2015/2013, Microsoft Access, Microsoft Excel, Outlook, MS SQL Profiler, SQL Query Analyzer, Database engine tuning advisor, T-SQL.
Sr. SQL Server/SSIS/Power BI Developer
- Created SSIS package to load data from Flat File to Flat File and Flat File to Data Warehouse and Data Mart using Lookup, Fuzzy Lookup, Derived Columns, Condition Split, Aggregate, Pivot Transformation, and Slowly Changing Dimension and developed C#/ VB.NET in script task and script component in SSIS.
- Designed SSIS packages to Extract data from different sources like SQL Server, MS Excel, MS Access, DB2, transform, and load into Dimension and Fact tables in Data Warehouse using SSIS.
- Reviewed and tested the current package to make sure current package work as our expectation.
- Experience with SQL and other ETL Languages using structured and unstructured solutions and working experience in created star schema and snowflake schema and load fact and dimension tables into the data warehouse.
- Created incremental and repeatable high-quality data load procedures and implement repeatable data cleansing and data standardization steps and procedure within ETL.
- Developing, deploying and monitoring SSIS Packages on the daily, weekly and monthly basis in Development, Staging and Production environments.
- Implemented data modeling, using ERWIN creates new relational or dimensional data models or reverse engineers legacy databases to move into a new environment, working with big data and database.
- Performance tuning of T-SQL queries and stored procedures using MS SQL Profiler and Index Tuning Wizard and source-target mapping, SQL tuning and optimization, testing and implementation, SQL Engine Optimizer.
- Maintain the current database and tested the objects in the database which include Constraint check, increased the performance of stored procedures and index, Matching application field size to database
- Conversant with SDLC methodologies including Agile, Relational and Dimensional Database design, developed stored procedures, views, design transaction, and dimensional schema to support application requirement.
- Actively participating in interaction with users, team members, DBAs and technical manager to fully understand the requirements of the system and Design Database Backup and Restoration Strategy.
- Strong experience with query editor features like merge & append query, split column, conditional column, extract, pivot & un-pivot, add column, transpose, write M FORMULA using advance query editor, delete column, remove null, errors etc.
- Created interactive reports customized for the business using Power BI Desktop.
- Experience in Performance Tuning and Query Optimization.
- Build Power BI dashboard and generated reports.
- Created multiple transformations and loaded data from multiple sources into the Power BI Dashboard.
- Installed and configured and maintained Power BI Report Server.
- Developed calculated columns and measures using DAX in Power BI
- Built analysis reports and visualizations using DAX functions like table function, aggregation function and iteration functions. Also, Developed Up-selling and cross-selling reports using DAX functions.
Tool: & Technologies: SQL Server 2017/2016/2014 , T-SQL, Visual Studio 2015, SSIS, SSRS, Microsoft Office, Team Foundation Server, MS SQL Profiler, SQL Engine Optimizer.
Confidential, New Brunswick, NJ
Sr. SQL Server/SSIS/Power BI Developer
- Worked with Data Warehouse Architect and Technical Architect in design sessions to develop high-level solutions architecture for SQL Server Reporting Services (SSRS) solution.
- Responsible for creating database objects using T-SQL to store and maintain the database.
- Used SSIS packages to migrate the data from history SQL version 2012/2008 to the new SQL version 2016
- Created SSIS packages with different data sources (CSV, SAP, Flat files, Excel source files) and loaded the data into target tables by performing different kinds of transformations using SSIS.
- Developed packages to extract, transform and load into database from OLTP system using of SQL Server Integration Services (SSIS).
- Analyze and integrate disparate data and systems using ETL processes and logic to provide timely and accurate information to the business.
- Wrote .NET C# code in script task and script component transformation to perform simple process
- Deployed and Schedule SSIS packages automotive executed on the server.
- Participated in data warehouse design and architecture sessions with the program management team.
- Tested and stored all history versions of T-SQL codes, SSIS packages as well as reports using Team Foundation Server.
- Create database objects in SQL Server 2016 including Tables, Triggers, Views, Stored Procedures, User Defined Functions (UDF) and Indexes.
- Wrote Triggers and Stored Procedures to capture updated and deleted data from OLTP systems.
- Experience in design Conceptual, Logical and physical data model using data modeling tool Erwin and also doing forward and reverse engineering.
- Designed Power BI data visualization utilizing cross tabs, maps, scatter plots, pie, bar and density charts
- Converted all the existing operational excel reports into Power BI reports.
- Hands on designing and deploying rich Graphic visualizations with Drill Down and Dropdown menu option and Parameterized dashboards using Power BI desktop.
- Expert in creating different visualizations using Slicers, Lines, Pies, Histograms, Maps, Scatter, Bullets, Heat Maps, Tree maps, etc. using Power BI.
- Generated context filters and data source filters while handling large volume of data using Power BI.
- Formed Row level security with Power BI and integration with Power BI Service Portal
- Created data refreshes schedule for data sources on Power BI service by configuring enterprise data Gateway.
- Published Power BI reports in the required originations and made Power BI dashboards available to other colleague by sharing & subscribing to their email.
- Built content pack to share dataset, reports, and dashboard to various department in company to distribute only data required by each department only.
Tool: SQL Server 2016/ 2014/2012/2008 , Visual Studio 2015/2013/2010 , SSIS, SSRS, MS Office 2013/2010, Windows8/9
Confidential, Jersey City, NJ
SQL Server/SSRS/ SSIS/BI Developer
- Gathered data, Planned, Defined and Designed data based on business requirement and prepared documentation for further reference.
- Designed Data model by Erwin data modeler.
- Reviewed the conceptual EDW (Enterprise Data Warehouse) data model with business users and created the logical and physical model.
- Developed SSIS packages using Lookup Values, Fuzzy Lookup and Fuzzy Grouping for data cleansing and implementing the constraint provided by Business in the mapping document.
- Developed Unit Test Plans for SSIS packages for checking the functionality of each component
- Components such as For Each Loop, For Loop to loop over a Directory to load inbound files coming daily.
- Implemented ETL to Extract and Transform data from Flat File or CSV, Excel instance and to load into Staging Database.
- Created the automated processes for the activities such as database backup processes and SSIS Packages run sequentially using SQL Server Agent job.
- Modified the existing SSIS package to meet the changes in user's’ requirements.
- Scheduled Task for executing the stored SSIS packages, which were developed to update the database on a Daily basis.
- Created new Business Objects instances. Export the data files to system Developer and deploy the reports on the server for various business needs.
- Developing several complex reports, sub reports using various features like (multiple grouping, drill down, parameterized fields, formulas by using SSRS and Tableau.
- Created Cross-Tab, Drill-down, Drill-through and Sub-Report using RDL. Promoted RDLs to Reporting Service Server. Wrote the queries for the drill down reports.
Tool: SQL Server 2014/2012/2008 R2, Visual Studio, SSIS, SSRS, MS Office, MS Visio, Erwin 8
Confidential, Pennington, NJ
SQL Server/SSRS/ SSIS/BI Developer
- Conducted detailed analysis of each Legacy source system interface with Data warehouse (DW) including all existing Mainframe Files and Data elements to be converted from Source system to Target Pre-staging.
- Worked with Project Manager and Business Analyst to understand business requirement and also involved in planning, defining and designing data based on business requirements.
- Worked with data modeling product support team on tool features, functionality and maintenance.
- Designed and developed SSIS (ETL) packages for loading data from OLTP system, DSR (Staging Database) to DW.
- Responsible for creating database objects like Table, Store Procedure, Triggers, Functions etc using T-SQL to provide structure to store data and to maintain database efficiently.
- Developed Package Configuration by using SQL Server type for making Package dynamic.
- Modified the Existing SSIS Packages and added more audits and alerts in case of package failure
- Created Views to reduce complexity of end user.
- Involved in performance monitoring and tuning of TSQL queries using SQL Profiler and database engine tuning advisor.
- Created Index to optimize performance of TSQL queries.
- Defined report layouts including report parameters and wrote queries for drill down reports using SSRS.
- Created parameterized, Drill down and Drill through reports in MS SQL environment using SSRS.
- Generated SSRS Report through SSIS Package using script component as per business requirement.
- Involved in scheduling job using SQL Server Agent for SSIS Packages and Store Procedure as per requirement.
- Successfully tested all task in staging and stored all versions of data using team foundation server (TFS).
- Created documents for all Store Procedure, SSIS Package and SSRS Reports that I developed.
Tool: & Technologies:MS SQL Server 2012/2008, Enterprise Edition, SQL Server Integration Service (SSIS), SQL Server Reporting Services (SSRS), OLAP, BIDS, Visual Studio 2005, T-SQL, Enterprise manager, MS-Access 2007, MS Excel, Report builder, Crystal Report, ER Win R7.3 Windows XP Professional, Windows NT,VB.NET, Performance point server, SQL Profiler.
SQL Server Developer
- Designed and modeled SQL Server 2008 R2 and modified the existing SQL Server 2008 data warehouse and data marts.
- Developed database object such as Tables, Stored Procedure, Triggers and Indexes using T-SQL.
- Performed T-SQL tuning and optimizing queries for Reports, which take longer, time in execution SQL Server 2008 R2.
- Designed a standard to use alias and contexts as per report requirement.
- Created Parameterized, Linked, Snapshot, Cached, Ad hoc, Click through, Drill down, and Drill through, Sub reports using SSRS.
- Designed and implemented Parameterized and Cascading Parameterized reports using SSRS.
- Deployed generated reports onto the Report Server to access it through browser.
- Created various geographical and time dimension reports of fiscal year, quarter month, week and daily reports for all domains and published through Report Server.
- Created Classes and Objects taking the information from the database. Also created measure objects.
- Created Complex & Multi-Dimensional reports, Master/Detail and Sub Queries in Crystal.
- Created Details, Summary, Cross-tab reports using filters, Sorting, Groupings based on Crystal fields.
- Exported the universes to the Repository to make the resources available to the users.
- Validated the data of reports by writing SQL queries in T-SQL Developer
- Trained the End Users and prepared User Manuals.
- Formatting reports and generated charts as per user requirements.
- Gathered requirements from interview, meeting and existing documentation.
Tool: MS SQL Server 2008/2008R2, Windows 7, Crystal Reports 11.0, SSIS, SSRS, MS Office 2010/2007, VBA, and Windows Server 2008
Confidential, Lincolin park, NJ
MS SQL Server ETL and Reports Developer
- Advanced analytics and insights development experience - telling stories with data
- Strong quantitative skills; knowledge of statistical programming and python preferred
- SQL programming knowledge with demonstrated ability to derive insights through efficient SQL queries
- Very strong analytical and problem-solving skills with ability to make recommendations and real-time decisions
- Exceptional capacity in the process of data gathering and analysis (collating, cleaning, processing, exploring, modeling, and communicating)
- Ability to collaborate effectively and forge strong relationships with vendors, business partners, and internal clients
- Ability to navigate cross-functional teams in order to complete projects under time demands
- Analyze data to generate insights related to the design, tracking/measurement and impact of cross-functional Business Transformation efforts
- Inform marketing and sales strategies and tactics, conduct impact measurement and establish predictive models to optimize efforts
- Work closely with the Data Engineers to scope & prepare datasets including novel and external assets, to design and create data models and data marts for efficient ETL and data warehousing
- Experience with SQL and/or Python programming, Excel and PowerPoint
Tool: SQL server 2005/2000, Python, Excel, PowerPoint
Confidential, Norwalk, CT
MS SQL Server/SSIS Developer
- As a part of MMS team developed the following SSIS packages:
- Membership Fee Data Migration from AS400 to SQL Server 2005.
- Membership Fee Data Sync from AS400 to SQL Server 2005 every half an hour.
- PIAC (Product Item and Catalogue) daily night operation.
- Identified the Data Source and established the connections.
- Developed mapping documents.
- Developed the SSIS packages using for and for each loop to avoid the locking of the entire table.
- Scheduled the Packages for transferring the data.
- Programmatically implemented the e-mail conformation of the Package execution.
- Implemented various transformation and complex operations in building the packages.
- Created complex Stored Procedures, Triggers, Functions, Indexes, Tables, Views and other T-SQL code and SQL joins for applications.
- Implemented different types of constraints on tables.
- Managed index, statistics and optimizing queries by using execution plan for tuning the database.
- Developed Mapping Specifications and Technical Specifications for the processes.
Environment: SQL Server 2005 SSIS
Confidential, Manhattan, NY
- Actively supported business users for change requests.
- Responsible for creating the reports based on the requirements using SSRS 2005.
- Identified the database tables for defining the queries for the reports.
- Monitored performance and optimize SQL queries for maximum efficiency.
- Defined report layouts.
- Used DataStage to create data transformations for a portion.
- Identified and defined the Datasets for report generation.
- Wrote queries for drill down reports.
- Monitoring and supporting production activities on daily basis.
- Identified and included report parameters.
- Formatted the reports using Global variables and expressions.
- Created ETL job flow with DTS packages, Stored Procedures.
- Enhanced, debugged and documented DTS system for table loading.
- Deployed generated reports on to the server.
- Maintained data integrity by performing validation checks.
- Optimized queries tuned and monitored server performance.
- Created T- SQL queries for data retrieval.
- Fine-tuned the database objects and server to ensure efficient data retrieval.
- Created views as per design needs.
- Created and modified stored procedures.
- Created other database objects like tables, views and indexes.
Environment: MS SQL Server 2005/2000 Enterprise Edition, MS SQL Server Reporting Services 2005, Windows 2003 Server, .MS AS, DataStage 7.5, Erwin.