- IT Professional with 8 years of Administration and Development experience on MS SQL Server R / 2000 systems in OLTP and OLAP environments.
- Expertise in installing MS SQL Server 2012, 2008R2, 2008, 2005, 2000 and associated database tools, updating with latest service packs, hot fixes and security patches.
- Acquaintance in supporting Very Large databases (VLDB) and troubleshooting the problems in OLTP Environment.
- Dexterity in implementing different types of High Availability & Disaster Recovery models like Clustering, Database Mirroring, Transactional Replication and Log Shipping.
- Implemented SQL Server Always ON Feature in SQL Server 2012 and also configured Always ON Availability Groups .
- Implemented & managed Active - Active and Active-Passive Clustering, Failover and Load Balance technologies.
- Implemented Side-by-Side Migrations of MS SQL SERVER 2000/20 /2008/2008 R2/2012.
- Experience in implementing various RAID 1, 5 and 10 technologies.
- Proficient in SQL Server 2008 features like Merge Statement, Filtered Indexes, Policy Based Management, Data Compression, Resource Governor, Performance Data Collector and Transparent Data Encryption (TDE), Backup compression, Lock escalation and new data types.
- Implemented the SQL Server 2005 concepts like Data partitioning, Snapshot Isolation, Database Mirroring, Database Snapshot, DDL triggers, Try-Catch blocks, Online Indexing, Online Restoring, DMV’s, DMF’s, Mail Setup, Jobs and Alerts, Database Tuning Advisor.
- Expertise in resolving locks, deadlocks, handling Isolation level and concurrency effects, detect CPU, I/O, Memory bottlenecks.
- Expertise in Performance Tuning, Index Tuning Wizard, Maintenance, Troubleshooting, Query Optimization, Client/Server connectivity and Database Consistency Checks using DBCC Utilities, DMVs and DMFs.
- Exquisite skills in SSMS-Creating and scheduling jobs, alerts and operators with SQL Server Agent, handling Backup/Recovery of databases, Replication, Linked Servers, Database Maintenance Planning.
- Expert in using Native tools like SQL Server Profiler, Database Tuning Advisor and Perfmon.
- Sound knowledge in writing complex SQL Queries, stored procedures, Normalization, creating Indexes, Indexed views, file group modifications, User Defined Functions (UDF), Triggers, Distributed Queries, Common Table Expressions and adding scheduled jobs to re-index and update statistics in databases.
- Expertise in reading and understanding execution plan and fixing query to execute with low cost using various operators depending on the scenario.
- Expertise in extracting and transforming data using data transformation services like import/ export wizard, BCP, Bulk insert, attach/detach.
- Prowess in planning and implementing Database Security by creating Logins, Users, Roles and assigning permissions to them.
- Experience in developing and tuning SQL Server Integration Services (SSIS) packages.
- Proficient in high level design of ETL, DTS Packages and SSIS Packages for integrating data using OLE DB connection from heterogeneous sources (Excel, CSV, Oracle, flat file, Text Format Data) by using multiple transformations provided by SSIS such as Aggregate, Data Conversion, Conditional Split, Bulk Insert Fuzzy Grouping, Fuzzy Lookup, OLEDB Command and Merge.
- Experience in creating deployment utility to Deploy SSIS Packages over Production and QA Systems.
- Knowledge in Creating Report Subscription, Data Driven Subscription, Report Snapshots and caching, linked, cascaded and parameterized reports, complex drill down reports using SQL Server reporting services.
- Configuring and maintaining Report Manager and Report Server. Good understanding with SQL based reporting tools like Crystal Reports.
- Knowledge in designing, creating, processing of Cubes using SSAS and using MDX Queries.
- Knowledge in data warehouse modeling (designing Star Schema, snowflake schemas with identifying Facts and Dimensions).
- Created Linked Servers between SQL Server & Oracle 9i and 10g. Also created DTS package for data transfer between the two environments.
- Handled numerous Change Management requests on production servers.
- 24 X 7 Production Database on Call Support.
- Flexible, Enthusiastic and project oriented team player with excellent communication skills and analytical skills to develop creative solution for challenging client needs.
Confidential, Franklin, TN
SQL Server DBA
- Performed Horizontal Table Partitioning and configured Resource Governor on Production Database.
- Administered SQL Server 2005/2008/2008 R2/2012 on windows 2008 and 2008 R2 servers.
- Installed and administered two-node cluster Active/Passive on Microsoft Windows Server 2008 R2 Enterprise Edition on SAN environment.
- Maintained Transactional Replication on production servers.
- Set up Always on Availability Groups as a high availability for group of databases in SQL 2012 instance.
- By using the Availability Groups feature in SQL Server 2012 created DB Mirroring for specific Database.
- Documented the steps required during pre-migration and post-migration of SQL Server R2.
- Migrated databases from SQL Server 2005/2008R2 to SQL Server 2008 R2/2012 and Migrated SQL servers from physical to VMware virtual environment.
- Implemented and configured Performance Data Collector.
- Extensively worked on trouble shooting and fine-tuning of databases for its performance using Database Engine tuning advisor and SQL server profiler.
- Monitoring SQL server performance using profiler to find the performance issues, dead locks, blockings and Capturing long running SQL queries for fine-tuning SQL statements that better result in efficient SQL statements processing.
- Checking Database Health by using DBCC Commands and DMVs.
- Setting up backups for the newly created databases and Scheduling transfer of backups and log files to different servers.
- Created Maintenance Plans for Regular Backups, Rebuilding of Indexes and data purging process as part of maintenance.
- Implemented and Documented the Disaster Recovery Processes in accordance with the company’s disaster recovery and business continuity strategies. Involved in the process of developing DR planning tool.
- Completed certified training from VMware in vSphere 5.1 Install, Configure, Manage.
Environment: Windows Server 2003/2008, MS SQL Server 2005/2008/2008 R2, TSQL, HIPPA Compliance, VMware vSphere 4.1, MS-Access, Visio.
SQL Server DBA
- Installation and Maintenance of SQL Server 2008R2 on Development, Test and Production Environments.
- Creating Logins and Roles with appropriate permissions.
- Usage of new compression techniques in SQL server 2008R2 for backup and restore jobs.
- Implemented 2008R2 Active-Passive Cluster in Windows 2008 Environment.
- Setup and maintained Database Mirroring with automatic failure and Transactional Replication.
- Disaster Recovery Planning, Testing, and Analyzing, continuous update of documentation.
- Involved in setting up database RAID Level configurations.
- Migrated Databases from SQL Server and 2008R2.
- Refreshed data periodically from DEV to Staging and Staging to Production environments.
- Import data across multiple instances using BULK INSERT and BCP Utility.
- Extract, Transform, and Load data from heterogeneous data sources to SQL Server using SQL Server Integration Services ( SSIS) Packages.
- Deployed reports on Report Server
- Created Maintenance plans, Update Statistics to improve performance, Rebuild indexes to reduce the fragmentation in 2008R2, 2008, 2005 Environment.
- Expert in Performance Tuning, Analyzed long running queries and tuned them to optimize the system performance.
- Used Perfmon, DMV’s, SQL Profiler to capture the activities of the databases and used the trace file as workload file to the Database Tuning Advisor for index recommendations.
- Writing T-SQL queries, Views, Stored procedures, creating Clustered and Non-Clustered Indexes.
- Involved in Capacity Planning, Database Normalization and De-normalization process.
- Involved in Logical and Physical Data Modeling process using Erwin and MS Visio.
- Use MS Visual Source Safe as a Version Control System.
- Involved in Change Data Capture process.
- Monitoring Event Viewer, SQL Error logs and Log File Viewer for Software and hardware related errors.
Environment: Windows Server 2003/2008, MS SQL Server 2008R2/2008/2005, Erwin and MS Visio, MS Visual Source Safe, Cluster, SSIS, SSRS, IDERA Management Tools.
SQL Server DBA
- Managed the migration of SQL Server 2000 databases to SQL Server 2005.
- Installation of SQL Server 2005 with latest Service Packs.
- Implemented Database Mirroring as a part of Disaster recovery plan.
- Managing Replication, adding and dropping objects using Transactional Replication.
- Developed and monitored SSIS Packages, including upgrading DTS to SSIS.
- Develop and manage DTS Packages and scheduled jobs for periodic and nightly batch processes.
- Effectively create and manage Full Text Indexes.
- Use of DBCC Utilities to maintain the consistency and integrity of each database in the production server.
- Installing applications and establish the connectivity with the database.
- Performance Monitoring using SQL Profiler and Windows System Monitor.
- Disaster Recovery Planning, Testing and Analyzing, continuous update of documentation.
- Involved in setting up database RAID Level configuration (RAID 10, RAID 5)
- Applied Schema changes to Replicated Databases.
- Conducted root cause analysis of application availability and narrow down the issues related to coding practices, database bottlenecks or network latency.
- Reviewed third party tools to automate routine tasks such as monitoring, blocking and consolidate status of scheduled jobs.
- Implementation of SQL logins, roles and authentication modes as a part of security policies for various categories of users.
- Optimized the query performance with modification in TSQL queries, removing unnecessary columns, eliminating redundant and inconsistent data, normalizing database, creating useful clustered index and non-clustered indexes.
- Configured data partitioning/table partitioning on huge tables containing millions of rows for better performance.
- Creating backup strategies and scheduling them as a part of database maintenance plans.
- Involved in the logical and physical data modeling using Erwin tool.
- Created complex Stored Procedures, Triggers, Cursors, Tables, Views and other SQL joins and statements for applications.
- Implemented AWE /PAE switches for SQL Server to grab more than 4 GB RAM.
Environment: Microsoft Windows 2003 Server, Microsoft SQL Server 2005, Microsoft Windows Server 2000, Microsoft SQL server 2000, Foglight, Lite Speed, XML etc.
SQL Server DBA
- Create and maintain various databases for Production, Development and Testing Servers using MS SQL Server 2005. Planning the location of data, indexes, and Transaction log files on the disk.
- Install and configure SQL Server 2005 on the server and client machines, provide connections and manage databases.
- Maintaining the database consistency with DBCC utility at regular intervals.
- Responsible for monitoring and making recommendations for performance improvement in hosted databases. This involved index creation, index removal, index modification, file group modifications, and adding scheduled jobs to re-index and update statistics in databases.
- Evaluated data storage considerations to store databases and transaction logs. Created databases using Transact SQL Statements, SQL Server Management Studio and Database Wizard.
- Implemented new T-SQL features added in SQL Server 2005 that are Data partitioning, Error handling through TRY-CATCH statement, Common Table Expression (CTE), Data Partitioning, Snapshot Isolation
- Created Database Maintenance Plans for the performance of SQL Server which covers Database Integrity checks, update database Statistics and Re-indexing.
- Creating Backup strategies and scheduling them as a part of database maintenance plans.
- Extensively used Red Gate SQL Compare and Data Compare tools to compare and synchronize SQL Database Schemas
- Developed and optimized database structures, stored procedures, Dynamic Management views, DDL triggers and user-defined functions.
- Involved in trouble shooting and fine-tuning of databases for its performance and concurrency.
- Worked on log shipping for synchronization of database.
- Worked in Cluster Environment.
- Authenticated logins and validated permissions. Created SQL Server Database users and Roles.
- Worked on DTS, Import and Export utility, for transferring data.
- Installed, authored, and managed reports using SQL Server 2005 Reporting Services
- Configured IIS, Report manager, Report server and implemented role based security to end users and developed report models for creating Ad-hoc reports using SSRS.
- Handled numerous change management requests on production servers.
- Extensively used Repositories like Team Foundation Server (TFS)
Environment: MS SQL Server 2005, Windows 2000 advanced server NT, IIS Server 5.0, Diagnostic Manager, Reporting Services, XML, Crystal Reports 10, Red Gate tools, TFS.
SQL Server Developer
- Install SQL Server 2000 on Windows 2000 Server.
- Actively participated in gathering user requirements and system specifications.
- Analyze and Design the objects required for the databases.
- Create Database Objects: Tables, Views, Constraints, Functions, Stored Procedures, Triggers, Rules, Defaults, and user defined data types.
- Filtered unnecessary data using complex T-SQL statements, implemented various Constraints and Triggers for data consistency.
- Created Views to facilitate easy user interface implementation, and Triggers on them to facilitate consistency Data entry into the database.
- Identify Relationships between tables and enforce referential integrity using foreign key constraints.
- Create Clustered and Non-Clustered Indexes to improve data access performance.
- Propped up the new schema changes and additional new features on Development, Staging/QA and Production servers.
- Generated test data and tested new databases consistency with existing databases to meet the functionalities requirements. Created jobs, alerts, activity logs, error logs to capture any possible errors.
- We handled lot of production issues like data correction and resolves error handling.
- Generated Script files of the databases whenever changes were made to stored procedures or views.
- Tune the SQL queries using SQL Profiler.
- Use MS Visual Source Safe 6.0 as a Version Control System.
- Work with DTS packages to load the data into Data warehousing system.
- Write and test Stored Procedures and User-defined Functions.
- Troubleshoot the problems and document them.
Environment: MS SQL server 2000, Windows 2000, VB .Net, Enterprise manager, Query Analyzer, SQL profiler