- Over 6 years of Information Technology industry experience with Microsoft SQL Server 2005/2008/2008 R2/2012, SSIS/SSRS/SSAS and OLAP as SQL Developer and Lead.
- Extensive experience with SQL Server and T - SQL in constructing tables, triggers, user defined functions, views, indexes, user profiles, relational database models, data dictionaries, and data integrity.
- Extensive experience and proficiency on the design, construction and implementation of Business Intelligence tools, ETL Process (Data Extraction, Transformation and Load) with DTS/SSIS, Data Cleansing, MSSQL Databases, Analysis Services (SSAS), Reporting Services (SSRS).
- Expertise in creating, developing and designing SSIS package to Extract, Transform and load (ETL) data into Data warehouse from data source such as Flat files, XML file, OLE DB Source, ADO NET Source, Raw File, ODBC, Excel files.
- Experienced in Developing Power BI Reports and Dashboards from multiple data sources using Data Blending.
- Expert in developing T-SQL (DDL, DML) statements, Data Integrity (constraints), Rules and Validation issues.
- Extensive experience with different phases of project life cycle (Analysis, Design, Implementation, Testing, and debugging new and existing client-server-based applications).
- Expertise in OLTP/OLAP system study, analysis and developing database schemas like star schema and snowflake schema used in relational, dimensional and multidimensional modelling.
- Expertise in firing T-SQL queries, dynamic-queries, sub-queries and complex joins for generating complex stored procedures and cursors.
- Experience in creating SSIS Packages for integrating data using OLE DB connection from heterogeneous sources (Excel, CSV, Oracle, flat file, Text Format Data) by using multiple transformations provided by SSIS such as Data Conversion, Conditional Split, Bulk Insert, Merge and Union All.
- Well versed in Normalization/Denormalization techniques for optimum performance in relational and dimensional database environments.
- Created views as per design needs.
- Experience with Backup and Recovery of MS SQL 2012/2008 / 2005 Server Databases.
- Experience in providing Logging, Error handling by using Event Handler, and Custom Logging for SSIS Packages.
- Well experienced in performance tuning in SSIS packages by using row transformations, block and unblock transformations.
- Skilled at building and deploying multi-valued parameterized reports using Power BI, Tableau.
- Transferred data from various data sources/business systems including MS Excel, MS Access, Flat Files, COSMOS etc. to SQL Server using SSIS /DTS using various features like data conversion etc.
- Worked with Scope Queries to get the data from COSMOS.
- Efficiently helped in the Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC) processes including Analysis, Design, Programming, Testing and Documentation.
- Well experienced in developing the SSAS 2008 Multidimensional and Tabular model reports from Data warehouse using SSDT.
- Hands on experience on creating PowerShell scripts that will extract data from SQL or loading flat files into SQL tables.
- Hands on experience on all phases of Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC) of Data warehousing, including requirement gathering from business users, analysis, design, creation of mapping documents, specification writing, development, testing, and implementation.
- Good communication skills, quick learner and good performer both in team and independent job environments with strong logical and analytical skills.
Databases: MYSQL Server 2000/ 2005/2008/2008 R2/2012, MS Excel/MSWord/MS Access, Azure DB
Modelling Techniques/Tools: Flow Charts, Sequence Diagrams, Activity Diagrams, Use case diagrams, Data Modelling, ER Diagrams
ETL Tools: Experienced working with SSDT/BIDS-DTS, SQL Server Integration Services (SSIS)Reporting Tools: SQL Server Reporting Services (SSRS), Power BI, QlikView
Development skills: Transact SQL (T-SQL), PowerShell, Scope, Python and R
Confidential, Long Island City, NY
Data Analytics Specialist
- Collaborate with business users and analyze business processes and requirements
- Design and create complex reports and dashboards using Microsoft Power BI
- Build KPI dashboards for scheduling and cost estimating
- Analyze the cost estimating data and building dashboards as per reporting requirements
- Analyzing project schedules data and developing metrics and performance indicators
- Create and submit schedule analysis report and project performance report supplemented with relevant data tabulations and charts
- Building reports/Models including KPI-Schedule, KPI Cost, Delay Logs & Reasons.
- Create complex SQL queries to extract data for reporting needs.
- Support and maintain Power BI environment, optimize performance of various MS BI objects
- Design integrations as required for extracting data for reporting purposes
- Building and modifying stored procedures, functions, creating tables and views
- Create and maintain rich interactive visualizations through data interpretation and analysis integrating various reporting components from multiple data sources
- Participate in the development of a secure framework for how data, reports, and dashboards are designed and maintained
- Train business users on leveraging reports and dashboards.
- Created T-SQL scripts, dynamic SQL, complex stored procedures, functions and joins.
- Developed advanced quantitative modules using R/Python to support predictive assessments
- Building and implementing Machine Learning models in Python and explain analytics model behavior/results to business
- Implemented Machine Learning and Neural Networks algorithms using Tensor Flow and designed Prediction Model using Data Mining Techniques with help of Cognitive Services in Azure, custom Python, and Libraries like NumPy, SciPy, Matplotlib, Pandas, scikit-learn
- Used scikit-learn in modeling various classification, regression and clustering algorithms including support vector machines, random forests, gradient boosting, k-means
- Performed data integrity checks, data cleaning, exploratory analysis and feature engineer using R and Python.
- Implemented statistical modeling with XG Boost machine learning software package using Python to determine the predicted probabilities of each model.
- Used MLops and Devops for Building and deploying solutions
Environment: MS SQL Server, Power BI, Oracle Database, Primavera P6, QlikView, Azure, Python and R
Sr. Data Analyst
- Gather and analyze data to solve complex problems and evaluate scenarios to make predictions on future outcomes and support decision making.
- Acted independently, served as a technical expert in Business Intelligence and data analysis.
- Provided employees with best practices and strategies in optimizing the performance of data analysis and stability of data integration solutions.
- Worked independently as well as in a team to deliver end-to-end analytic solutions within tight deadlines.
- Shared any new reporting, analytics and technology concepts to maximize user engagement and proficiency.
- Documented BI report development and maintenance standards and processes.
- Strong experience in Data Modeling: Dimensions, Measures, Fact Tables, Table Relationships, Cardinality and Cross Filter Direction.
- Strong in SSAS (specifically tabular modelling) development and Power BI report development.
- Demonstrated application of fundamentals in data modeling, relationships and evaluation context.
- Created DAX formulas for calculated columns, calculated tables, and measures.
- Created Measures using Calculate and Iterator Functions.
- Created Calculated Tables using Calendar, CalendarAuto, AddColumns, Union, SummarizeColumns, and Generate functions.
- Strong experience at optimizing data models/DAX for performance and efficiency.
- Experience consuming and transforming data, modeling and visualizing data, and configuring dashboards
- Configured page layout, templates and formatting, configure interactions between visuals, bookmarks, and buttons, position, align, and sort visuals.
- Proficient in SQL database design and SQL programming, including stored procedure, joins, indexes and all.
Environment: MS SQL Server 2017, Power BI, SVN, SQL Server Analysis Services (SSAS), Oracle Database, Visual Studio.
Confidential, Salem, OR
- Lead pilot of the Microsoft Power BI Service and Power BI suite of tools.
- Lead the development and implementation of the new ODOT Power BI cloud service and related processes to allow end users develop, publish and share Power BI reports/ data built integrating on premise, web and cloud data sources.
- Lead development and implementation of key pilot Power BI and SSRS dashboard/report projects to help educate current and potential users about the features of the new suite of Microsoft reporting suite.
- Organized and developed materials and lead user group labs and training efforts covering Power BI and other Microsoft BI tools (SSRS)
- Share any new reporting, analytics and technology concepts to maximize user engagement and proficiency.
- Documented BI report development and maintenance standards and processes.
- Lead BIDW program report development and reporting operations as it relates to Business Intelligence capabilities of the BIDW Program, working closely with customer/user community and overseeing the BI team to ensure timely and accurate development of BI dashboards, operational, ad hoc reporting from conceptual design through delivery.
- Work as the architect and development lead to improve performance and extend functionality.
- Write complex data queries using business intelligence programming languages including MDX, SQL, DAX.
- Create reporting mock-ups and prototypes.
- Creating Power Bl datasets, reports, and dashboards to meet requirements.
- Deploying data, reports, and dashboards to Power BI.
- Create various type of reports such as Complex drill down & drill through reports, Matrix reports, Sub reports and Charts using SQL Server Reporting Services (SSRS) and EDW as source.
Environment: MS SQL Server 2016, Power BI, TFS, SQL Server Integration Services (SSIS), SQL Server Analysis Services (SSAS), SQL Server Reporting Services (SSRS).
Power BI Team Lead
- Gathering Business requirements and Analyzing, Designing and Developing the Data feed and Reporting systems.
- Build a prototype and pass it on to the developers for further development.
- Assisting developers in developing the reports and worked on onshore offshore model.
- Responsible for building reports in Power BI from the Scratch.
- Responsible for creating and changing the visualizations on the Power BI reports and Dashboards on client requests.
- Created complex stored procedures using SQL server management Studio. Further, these stored procedures are used for generating reports using POWER BI.
- Extensively used T-SQL in constructing user functions, views, indexes, user profiles, relational database models, data dictionaries, and data integrity.
- Built Ad-Hoc reports in Power BI depending on business requirements was one of the major responsibilities.
- Created reports with best fly-on performance and Deployed reports to SharePoint site with good look and feel.
- Involved in the Development of reports and performed unit testing.
- Created table valued functions and used in the stored procedures on the fly.
- Worked on the performance of reports, created appropriate indexes on tables and modified the code in existing stored procedures to get the quick response on SharePoint site.
- Good Knowledge on data visualization tools power BI and Power Pivot.
- Connecting Power BI to different data sources - SQL databases, Cubes, Web services, Web trends, Excel, Azure.
- Responsible for Scheduling jobs for weekly, daily data refresh on different Power BI reports.
- Designed and implemented Dashboards and Scorecards with business KPIs using Performance Point Server and published them Via Power BI.
- Installation, configuration and upgrade of TFS 2017.
Environment: MS SQL Server 2016, PowerBI, TFS, SQL Profiler, SQL Server Query Analyzer.