Results driven IT professional with solid SQL Server DBA experience combined with infrastructure experience administrating Windows Server and VMWare environments. The combination of my technical and project management skills successfully drive IT initiatives and solutions.
- Microsoft Failover Clustering
- High Availability AlwaysOn
- SQL Server Integration Services (SSIS)
- SQL Server Reporting Services (SSRS)
- SQL FileStream
- Disaster Recovery
- SQL Server Migration and Consolidation
- Database Encryption
- PowerShell Scripting
- Team Leadership
Confidential, Philadelphia, PA
Senior Database Administrator
- Configure and maintain high availability and disaster recovery solutions Microsoft Failover Clustering and Always On availability groups for production, development and UAT environments.
- Planned and executed SQL Server and Windows Server upgrade, consolidation, and migration projects.
- Complexities include SAN and server hardware refreshes and transition to new imaging systems.
- Support application developers with design, performance tuning, and troubleshooting.
- Secure SQL Server with TDE and Always Encrypted features.
- Implement FileStream databases for storing PDF and Word documents.
- Create and deploy SSIS packages.
- Maintain and support parameterized and drilldown reports using SSRS.
- Disaster recovery planning and strategizing technical solutions to achieve business continuity. Devise test plans and conduct yearly DR exercises.
- Monitor and configure alerting for SQL Server failed logins, unauthorized DDL and DML changes, blocking and deadlock occurrences, Windows services failures, and performance thresholds that are exceeded.
- PowerShell scripting for server administration tasks.
- Follow change management procedures and remediate server vulnerabilities reported from Nessus scans.
- Configure and maintain server backups using CommVault, Veeam, and Acronis software.
Confidential, Mt. Laurel, NJ
- System administrator responsible for implementing and maintaining commercial lending applications hosted on Windows servers interfacing with SQL Server backend.
Confidential, Horsham, PA
- Install and maintain the Windows Server and Citrix Mataframe environment.
- Tasks include building Windows and SQL servers.
- Consolidation projects included migrating disparate Citrix servers into a new enterprise Citrix Metaframe XPe server farm.
Confidential, Princeton, NJ
- System administrator for an enterprise network consisting of 125 Windows NT/2000 servers.
- Created a new Citrix Metaframe 1.8 server farm to replace the existing remote access environment.
- The new farm hosted and published Microsoft Office, Peoplesoft financial and inventory applications to a user base of 200+ regional and international users.
- Rebuilt existing servers and systematically added new servers to the farm. Created VB scripts to customize the terminal server environment to meet requirements for international users.
- The rebuilt Citrix environment resulted in reduced server downtime successfully meeting service level agreements.
- Documented server hardware configurations, operating system parameters, and software installations to meet Confidential documentation regulations.
- Installed Compaq Insight Manager for monitoring and reporting hardware alerts and failures for all production servers. Configured alerts, paging and email tasks.
- Developed and deployed a Lotus Notes database to electronically store server documentation that allowed system administrators to easily share and access server documentation across the organization.
Confidential, Bordentown, NJ
- Successfully planned the network migration from Novell Netware to Windows NT 4.0. Implemented Sybase and SQL Server technologies.
- Coordinated seven departmental migrations from Novell Netware to NT 4.0 Server. Met with department managers to review business needs.
- Planned the NT Server environment that ultimately resulted in the consolidation of the number of servers required for data and print services.
- Planned and implemented the file directory structure, shares, NTFS permissions, and print servers required to meet the business needs.
- Tested in - house and third party applications to ensure their operability on Windows NT platform.
- DBA responsibilities included installing and maintaining Sybase and SQL Server 6.5. Installed and configured middle-ware products Confidential and Confidential to join tables from heterogeneous data sources (Informix and DB2). Managed meta-data and transferred table contents between data sources.
- Created Seagate Crystal Reports that interfaced with SQL Server and Sybase databases using arrays, functions, sub-reports, conditional formatting and user defined variables.