I am a Microsoft Certified Database Administrator with experience in backup, maintenance, security, and recovery of SQL Server, seeking the Position of MS SQL Server Database Administrator
- Microsoft Certified SQL Server Database Administrator (DBA) with over four years of experience in MS SQL 2000, 2005 & 2008.
- Well experienced in Installation, Upgrade and Configuration, Server security, Performance Tuning, Query Optimization, Client/Server Connectivity, Data Transformation Services and running Database Consistency Checks using DBCC, Database Backup, Recovery and Disaster Recovery procedures, implementing SQL server high availability tools like Log shipping and replication.
- Moderate experience on T - SQL
- Excellent interpersonal communication (oral/written) teamwork player, fast learner, hard worker, and versatile
Database: MS-SQL Server 2000 & 2005/2008
Configuration: SQL Server Surface Area Configuration, Database Mail Configuration, SQL Server Configuration Manager, Microsoft Database Upgrade AdvisorDevelopment Environment: SQL Server Management Studio Query Analyzer, Enterprise Manager, SSIS and DTS
Performance Tool: Database Engine Tuning Advisor, Profiler, Reliability and Performance Monitor
Operating Systems: Window 2000/2003/2008/ XP/Vista
Application Software: Microsoft Office 2003/2007/2010 GLPI Ticketing, Nagios.
Confidential, Washington, DC
- Create reports and data extracts on SQL Server databases using SQL Server Reporting Services (SSRS)
- Plan, develop and produce SQL Server database reports
- Quickly and accurately produce ad hoc reports
- Manage SQL server database administration assignments for diverse industry clients.
- Enhance database performance, perform restores, implement recovery procedures, handle performance tuning and conduct regular system backups.
- Ensure technical and functional designs meet business requirements.
- Managed a data-integration project for financial services firm that consolidated information from accounting applications, third-party market data and internal equities/fixed income applications.
- Innovated time-saving, robust employee data-intake system that automated database update functions, enabling new salary and process-exception information to be automatically populated.
- Developed and tested storage strategies and disaster-recovery plan for large manufacturing company's operational database, delivering solution that guaranteed recovery performance and high availability.
- Synchronizing SQL Databases from development to production through SSIS/DTS packages, SQL jobs, and SQL scripting
- Creating and maintaining processes and procedures with regard to database administration
- Migrating databases from SQL 2000/2005 to SQL 2008
Assistant Database Administrator
- Perform day to day Database Maintenance tasks -- Database Monitoring, Backups, Space Management, Resource Utilization, responsible for performing object migration between all production database Servers.
- Manage SSIS packages, stored procedures, jobs, and utilize Server Side tracing to identify performance issues with deadlocks & other locking issues. Proficient with Server-Side System Default.
- Setup and configure SQL Server for other business functions. Index & Data Management to determine Defragmentation level; whether to Update Statistics or Rebuild Indexes. Manage user and data security to allow access to appropriate resources.
- Export data from Access to Excel and Data files.
- Providing support of Database connectivity for Developers and users.
- Installing SQL server 2005 as instance on a SQL Server 2008
- Creating file groups and files for separating frequent transactions and static data.
- Managing the recovery model and setting while productions for better performance.
- Creating databases backup and high availability strategies.
- Resolving various performance issues running DBCC commands, SQL Tracer, SQL Profiler and using activity monitor.
- Performing maintenance of database mirroring with automatic recovery by configuring a witness server for constant availability of sales.