- Over 5 years of IT experience in the Analysis, design, development, testing, and Implementation of ETL & Business Intelligence solutions using Data Warehouse/Data Mart Design, ETL, SQL SERVER, MSBI and Power BI.
- Extensively worked on system analysis, design, development, testing, and implementation of projects and capable of handling responsibilities independently as well as a proactive team member.
- Excellent knowledge of entire Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC) methodologies like Agile, Scrum, UML, Waterfall and Project Management Methodologies.
- Experience in designing Star, Snowflakes schemas and database modeling using Erwin tool.
- Experience in OLTP/OLAP environment and Data Warehouse.
- Extensive experience in SQL Server Analysis Services OLAP Cubes, and Data Mining.
- Work experience on MS SQL Server 2016/2012/2008 R2, Oracle, crystal reports 6.
- Experience in designing, developing, and deploying Business Intelligence solutions using SSIS, SSRS, SSAS, Power BI
- Experience in developing OLAP Cubes by using SQL Server Analysis Services (SSAS), and defined data sources, data source views, Dimensions, Measures, Hierarchies, Attributes, Calculations using multi - dimensional expression (MDX), Perspectives and Roles.
- Expert in creating multiple type of reports using tools like Power BI and SSRS.
- Building and publishing POWER BI reports utilizing complex calculated fields, table calculations, filters, parameters.
- Designed and developed matrix and tabular reports with drill down, drill through using SSRS.
- Experience in writing Complex SQL Queries involving multiple tables inner and outer joins.
- Worked as MS SQL Server Developer on enterprise and performance critical applications.
- Extensive experience in developing Stored Procedures, Views, Cursors, Triggers and Complex Queries in MS SQL Server.
- Involved in migration of legacy data by creating various SSIS packages
- Expert in Data Extraction, Transforming and Loading (ETL) using various tools such as SQL Server Integration Services (SSIS), DTS, Bulk Insert and BCP
- Expertise in developing Parameterized, Chart, Graph, Linked, Dashboard, Scorecards, Report on SSAS Cube using MDX, Drill-down, Drill-through and Cascading reports using SSRS.
- Proficient in Database performance optimization, debugging and tuning using the Query Analyzer, SQL Profiler and SQL Server Debugger.
- Experience in Handling Heterogeneous data sources and databases Oracle, Teradata, and csv and XML files using SSIS.
- Expert in creating Power pivots, power query, Power views and SSRS reports using tabular model (DAX), Cubes (MDX) and SQL queries.
- Enhancing the Reports visually by adding the visual elements like charts, graphs to SSRS reports Involved in Logical and physical Design of the Database using Erwin tool.
- Auto-generated analysis reports using SQL Server, ACCESS, Business Objects and Crystal Reports and Excel pivot tables.
- Strong knowledge and exposure to creating Jobs, Alerts, SQL Mail Agent and scheduled SSIS Packages
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills with a strong focus on customer facing interaction, customer service, and presentation.
- Experience in tuning the reports that includes modifying, Testing the required TSQL and MDX queries using DMV's and creating the necessary environment for Deployment.
- Proficient with automated testing tools - Win Runner, Load Runner and QTP for testing Client / Server and Web based applications
- Test & Deploy code across various SDLC Environments like TEST, UA/UT/Production.
- Self-Motivated and possess ability for critical thinking, analysis, good interpersonal and communication skills.
RDBMS/DBMS: MS SQL Server 2016/2014/2012 , MySQL, Oracle 11g/, and MS Access 2003/2000/97
Database Technologies/Tools: SQL Server Entreprise Manager, Microsoft Management Console, SQL, T-SQL, Data Transformation Services (DTS), OLTP, BCP, SSIS, OLAP. Microsoft Visio, ER Studio
Reporting Tools: Power BI, SQL Server Reporting Services, Crystal Reports, Tableau, Excel.
Operating Systems: Windows XP, 2000, NT, 98, 95, Windows 2003, Windows Vista, Windows 7
Programming Languages: T-SQL, PL/SQL, HTML, C#.Net, VB.Net, C++, Java, Java script, CSS, Windows Scripts
Design Technologies/Tools: Erwin, MS Visio, Rational Rose
Data Warehouse / Business Intelligence Tools: SQL Server Reporting Services (SSRS), SQL Server Integration Services (SSIS), Visual Studio 2013/2010/2008 , SSAS, Business Intelligence Development Studio (BIDS) 2008, MS Data Tools 2012 / Visual Studio Shell
Confidential, Chicago, Il
MSBI/Power BI Developer
- Gathered report requirements and determined the best solution to provide the results in either a Reporting Services report or Power BI.
- Setting up Power BI Environment, creating app workspaces, publishing apps and setting up Power BI Gateway.
- Used bookmarks feature which enables the ease to jump to respective report tabs with one click.
- Imported custom themes and page backgrounds for rich visual effects.
- Performed end to end testing on the reports and packages developed to ensure data quality is met.
- Utilized Power BI gateway to keep dashboards and reports up to-date with on premise data sources.
- Created drill down and drill through report to go to details and child report within power bi based on hierarchy.
- Utilized Power Query in Power BI to Pivot & Un-pivot the data model for data cleansing and data massaging.
- Creating and managing schema objects such as Tables, Views, Indexes, and referential integrity depending on user requirements.
- Develop and deploy SSIS packages, configuration files, and schedules job to run the packages to generate data in CSV files.
- Troubleshooting reports issues, ETL job failures, optimizing query performances.
- Design and implement the ETL processes using SSIS which involves collection of data from sources like SQL Server 2008 R2, Salesforce and Intacct.
- Created many calculated columns and measures using DAX in Power BI based on report requirements.
- Develop SSIS, SSRS / T-SQL Code and schedules jobs for Jobs Monitoring Automation.
- Developing and maintaining/modifying complex T-SQL queries, stored procedures and SSIS packages to load the data into warehouse.
- Implemented Event Handlers and Error Handling in SSIS packages and notified process results to various user communities.
- Created, Maintained & scheduled various reports in Power BI like Tabular Reports.
- Explore data in a Variety of ways and across multiple visualizations using Power BI.
- Involved in complete SSIS life cycle in creating SSIS packages, building, deploying and executing the packages in both the environments (Development and Production).
- Designed and built up high performance ETL packages to migrate and manipulate data from MS Excel and SQL Server by using SSIS.
- Extensively worked on Dimensional modeling, Data cleansing and Data Staging of operational sources using ETL processes.
- Extensively used Joins and Sub-Queries to simplify complex queries involving multiple tables.
- Responsible for debug, performance checks and performed index tuning and query optimization.
- Used Indexing strategies and query optimization techniques to optimize Stored Procedures and long running queries.
- Designed and created OLAP cubes on data warehouse.
- Designed a partitioning strategy to refresh cubes effectively.
- Created complex SSAS cubes with multiple fact measures groups, and multiple dimension hierarchies based on the OLAP reporting needs.
Environment: MS SQL Server 2016/2012, MS SQL Server Integration Services (SSIS), MS SQL Server Analysis Services (SSAS), Salesforce, Intacct, Power BI Desktop, Power BI Service, Data Gateway, DAX, T SQL, SQL Profiler, XMLA, MS Excel, Excess, Windows 8.
Confidential, Chicago, IL
MSBI\Power BI Developer
- Designed and developed Tabular Model Cubes and Dimensions using SQL Server Analysis Services (SSAS 2016).
- Worked on writing DAX queries and manipulating the multidimensional data in Tabular Model cubes.
- Involved in identifying and creating data sources and data source views in SSAS. Involved in Creating Dimensions and Cubes and deployed it on to the server for the managers to analyze the ongoing production support for the application as required.
- Developed calculated columns and measures using DAX in Power BI
- Used the tabular model cubes as the source in Power BI to visualize the data.
- Created Power BI dashboard and generated reports.
- Performed Power BI Desktop Data modeling, which cleans, transforms, mash up Data from multiple sources.
- Created multiple transformations and loaded data from multiple sources into the Power BI Dashboard.
- Published Power BI Desktop to the cloud.
- Created interactive reports customized for the business using Power BI Desktop.
- Installed and configured and maintained Power BI Report Server.
- Experience in combining data from different sources by using of Power Query
- Created some SSIS packages to import and export data from various data sources using SSDT.
- Created database objects like tables, users, roles, stored procedures, triggers.
- Worked on tuning up and changing some of the existing SSRS reports as requested by the user.
- Created few new reports for internal usage using SSRS 2014
- Responsible for deploying the reports, cubes, and packages on all environments.
- Scheduled the jobs for SSIS packages under SQL Server Agent.
- Deployed SSIS packages using Integrations Service Catalog and also through XML configurations.
Environment: MS SQL Server 2014, MS SQL Server Analysis Services (SSAS), EDW, Power BI Desktop, Power BI Service, Data Gateway, DAX, T SQL, SQL Profiler, XML, MS Excel, Windows 8, DAX Studio, M Query.
SQL BI Developer
- Involved in planning, defining, and designing data base using Erwin on business requirement and provided documentation
- Translating business requirements into technical design specifications
- Designed SSIS Packages to transfer data from various sources such as Text Files, XML Files, Excel, Flat files to SQL Server 2012
- Involved in building and maintaining SSIS Packages to import and export data from various data sources using BIDS based the design data models
- Applied various data transformations such slowly changing the dimensions, aggregates, sorting, multicasting, conditional split, and derived column
- Designed, reviewed, and created primary objects (views, indexes, etc.) based on logical design models, user requirements and physical constraints
- Designed and developed Tabular Model Cubes using SSAS 2012. Developed calculated columns and measures using DAX
- Wrote T-SQL queries, stored procedures and used them to build SSIS packages, SSRS reports and in Tableau.
- Created user interface reports using Tableau sheet objects like List Box, Input Box, Buttons, Text Input, Slider, Bookmarks, Charts (Pivot/Straight tables, Pie, Bar, Line etc.)
- Created SQL queries and developed Dashboard style of reports as per business needs
- Created and schedules tasks for reloading and distribution of Data in Tableau
- Designed, developed, and deployed reports in MS SQL Server environment using SSRS-2012
- Created reports to retrieve data using Stored Procedures and parameterization
- Used SQL Server profiler for auditing and analyzing the events which occurred during a particular time horizon and stored them in the script.
- Used SQL Profiler TSQL Duration template for tracking execution time of TSQL Statements
- Responsible for optimizing all indexes, SQL queries, stored procedures to improve the quality of software
- Created traces using SQL Server profiler to find long running queries and modify those queries as a part of Performance Tuning operations
- Performed daily tasks including backup and restore by using SQL Server 2012 tools such as SQL Server Management Studio, SQL Server Profiler, SQL Server Agent, and Database Engine Tuning Advisor
Environment: SQL Server 2012, SQL BI Suite (SSIS, SSRS, SSAS), T-SQL, DAX, Power Query, SQL* Profiler, TFS, DTS, OLAP, Windows 2008/XP, MS Visio 2010, ALM, Anaplan, Tableau