- Many years of database and data warehouse development experience with in - depth understanding of Kimball and Inmon models, table normalization and denormalization, and the star schema.
- Professional ETL experience using SSIS, T-SQL, PL/SQL, and stored procedures: extract, cleanse, dedupe, and transform non-uniform data from different sources; map and load data into stage and destination MS SQL server and Oracle database tables; customize and tune ETL packages to populate fact and dimension tables in the data warehouse; use event handlers, logging, check/break points in SSIS.
- Hands-on experience on SSIS performance tuning, indexing and auditing (examples of reducing execution time of SSIS packages from several hours to several minutes).
- Experience of using SSAS to construct and deploy cubes for data reporting, configuring hierarchy relationships for dimensions in cubes with the snowflake schema, and defining KPIs (key performance indexes) in cubes.
- Data analysis and reporting experience using Excel, SSRS, Microsoft SharePoint and Crystal Report from Oracle databases, SQL server OLTP, OLAP databases, data warehouses and cubes: status monitoring, dashboard overview, trend and predictive analytics with parameters, dashboards, sparklines, drill-through/downs.
- Experience on integration of SQL Server SSRS and SharePoint as a BI solution.
- Experience on statistical analysis and data visualization.
- A strong team player with excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
Database: SQL Server 2008R2 & 2012, Oracle 11g
Querying Language: SQL, MDX, T-SQL, Excel Visual Basic, PL/SQL
Reporting Tools: Crystal Report, SSRS, Excel PowerPivot, MS SharePoint
Microsoft Office: Excel, Access, PowerPoint
Statistical Tools: SPSS, GraphPad Prism
- Experience with health care and clinical databases, various claims databases, and biological databases.
- Played a major role in a data warehouse project with whole lifecycle experience.
- Provided status monitoring, dashboard overview, trend and predictive analyses.
- Complete report project lifecycle experience from interacting with users and team members.
- Querying from different databases, analyzing data with different statistical tools, and reporting results using Excel, Crystal Report, and SSRS (cross-tables, dashboards, sparklines, drill-throughs, and drill-downs).
- Patient data management for drug clinical trials.
- Analysis of epidemiological and demographic data for disorders.