- Around 7 years of experience as SQL Developer /MSBI Developer working on SSIS, SSRS, and SSAS and Database design, Data warehouse.
- Experiences include requirements gathering, development, design, testing, deployment on Microsoft SQL Server 2017/2015/ 2014/2012/2008 R2/2005.
- A well - organized, goal-oriented, highly motivated and effective team leader/member with excellent analytical, troubleshooting, and problem-solving Skill and project-oriented team player.
- Worked with designing, developing, and deploying several kinds of reports and dashboards using SSRS using relational and multidimensional data.
- Experience in SCRUM/AGILE, WATERFALL development methodologies.
- Created jobs and scheduling SSIS Packages using SQL Server Agent.
- Experience working with Data warehouses, Performance Tuning and query optimizations including SQL/SSIS/SSRS.
- Worked in production support for SQL generated reports. Worked in production support for SQL generated reports.
- Analyze the Explain plans and create indexes for better performance of sql queries.
- Conversant with all phases of Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC) involving Systems Design, Development and Implementation.
- Experience with writing complex T-SQL queries and in creating database objects - Tables, Views, Stored procedures, User Defined functions.
- Experience in Data Extraction, Transforming and Loading (ETL) using SQL Server Integration Services (SSIS), DTS, Bulk Insert.
- Extensively used ETL methodology for performing Data Migration, Extraction, Transformation and Loading using SSIS and designed data conversions from wide variety of source system.
- Skilled in creating stored procedures for index maintenance, profiling data, searching metadata, staging procedures, and reporting databases
- Generated reports using SQL Server Reporting Services (SSRS) from OLTP and OLAP data sources.
- Experience in Database design and development of applications using SQL Server, Integration Services (SSIS), Reporting Services ( SSRS ), SQL Server.
- Expert in designing Dynamic SSIS packages using the control flow and data flow components to load data from heterogeneous sources to SQL Server Database and validate the data during this process.
- Strong Troubleshooting and Debugging skills in handling errors by employing Event handlers, Break points, Checkpoints and Error logging procedures.
- High Level Design of ETL - DTS Packages & SSIS Packages - for integrating data using OLE DB connection from different sources (Excel, CSV, flat file, Text Format Data) by using multiple transformations provided by SSIS such as Data Conversion, Conditional Split, Bulk Insert, merge and union all. .
- Experience in generating On-demand and Scheduled Reports for Business Analysis or Management Decision.
- Worked on building reporting database, which is a mirror of OLTP database, which is used for reporting purpose only.
- Ability to work on ETL, data modeling and data warehousing using Business Intelligence Development Studio
- Developed logical data models and Physical data models using Erwin tool.
- Experience in Data Modeling, Data Mapping, Table Normalization, Table De normalization.
- Facilitating the use of code management system using Tortoise, Team Foundation Server (TFS).
- Extensive knowledge on .Net Frameworks, SOA Architecture, Entity framework, OOPS Concepts, ASP.Net, ASP.Net MVC, HTML, CSS, WCF, Restful.
RDBMS/DBMS: Microsoft -SQL Server 2014/2012/2008/2005 , Oracle 10 /11g, MS Access 2010
BI /Data model Tools: Microsoft SQL Server 2012/20008/2005 , SSIS, SSRS, SSAS, Visio. Visual Studio 2013/2015, OBIEE, Tableau, Cognos, PostgreSQL
Operating Systems: Windows 7/Windows 2000/Windows NT/ Windows Server 2003/Windows XP, IIS 5, 6
Programming Languages: T-SQL, Visual Basic 6.0, Vb.net, PL/SQL, Share Point, Java Script, Crystal Reports, Linux shell scripting, HTML, XML.
Application Packages: MS Office, MS Outlook. Power Query, Power Pivot, Agile tools
Database Tools: SQL Server Management Studio, SQL Server Profiler, SQL Server Business Intelligence Development Studio, Team Foundation Server(TFS) Proficient, SQL Server Enterprise Manager, T-SQL, Data Transformation Services (DTS), ODBC, OLAP, MOLAP, ROLAP, OLTP, DBCC, BCP
Confidential, Columbia, MD
- Involved in complete Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC) including interaction with users & management, designing, coding, testing and deployment of the system.
- Help in transition to the latest SQL Server 2017
- Worked on data cleansing using the business rules that are required on OLAP and OLTP databases.
- Created SSIS packages to retrieve the data from MS Access, Oracle, SQL server, flat files and excel files and Load data into SQL Server environment.
- Creating Packages for data load process using containers as For-Each Loop, Sequence & controlling flow of data using tasks as Script, Data Flow, File System, and Execute Package.
- Database development utilizing Microsoft SQL Server OLTP/OLAP environments using integration services (SSIS) for ETL (Extraction, Transformation, and Loading). Database Administration including, backups, recovery, database maintenance.
- Wrote the store procedures, Functions, views in SQL server according to the requirements.
- Created monthly Turnaround time reports to measure productivity quotient on reviews of the cases which are getting from Providers and end users.
- Increased performance of existing slow running SSRS reports and store procedures.
- Configured SSIS packages in different environments and scheduled as jobs in SQL server Agent.
- Used error handling, coding, trouble shooting, Event handlers for performance tuning of SSIS package.
- Created logging, custom logging and error handling packages.
- Created dimension and fact tables and developed star schema data model.
- Worked on (STM) Source to target mapping documentation, FQM (Fact Qualifier Matrix) and ETL design flow in Visio to build Data warehouse.
- Created complex SSIS Packages to load data from multiple sources like salesforce DB and SQL server DB into staging and also, I have written complex store procedure s to move data from staging to data warehouse and then to data marts.
- Performance tuning of SQL queries and stored procedures using SQL Profiler and Index Tuning Wizard in SSAS and SSIS.
- Used TFS (Team Foundation server) for version control and to move the codes from one environment to another environment.
- Aggregate, Execute SQL Task, Data Flow Task, and Execute Package Task etc. to generate underlying data for the reports and to export cleaned data from Excel Spreadsheets, Text file, MS Access and CSV files to data warehouse.
- Responsible for creating internal reports based on the project requirements and deployed the generated reports directly on the client’s workstation.
- Developed SSRS reports for the internal reporting dashboard.
Environment: SQL Server Management Studio(2017), Oracle 11g, Sql Server Integration Services, SQL Server Reporting services SSRS, T-SQL, Visual Studio 2005, SQL Server Profiler, MS office 2007/2010/2013 (MS Excel, MS Access, MS Visio), .
Confidential, Charlotte, NC
- Implemented triggers and stored procedures and enforced business rules via checks and constraints.
- Created indexes on selective columns to speed up queries and analysis in SQL Server Management Studio.
- Worked on querying data and creating on-demand reports using Report Builder in SSRS reports and send the reports via email.
- Developed complex Stored Procedures and views to generate various Drill-through reports, parameterized reports and linked reports using SSRS.
- Created Cross-Tab, Drill-down and Sub-Reports using RDL. Promoted RDLs to Reporting Service Server.
- Defined the logging process for all the packages, populated it with entries like inserted record, updated record and error record.
- Created dashboard reports in Power BI Desktop, using SQL Server as Data source. Developed different DAX measures in Power BI to satisfy business needs.
- Performed data transfers using BCP and BULK INSERT utilities. Was involved in the design and implementation of Disaster Recovery.
- Implemented the error threshold using precedence constraints and variables in SSIS packages using business rules as reference.
- Involved in managing developers, advising other groups in organization on SSIS development, data warehouse development, and ETL development best practices.
- Created an automated ETL summary report which consists of the summary information for all the loading activities done each day and month.
- Created XML schemas to update user tables and system objects for company data dictionary
- Responsible for campaign load and create member eligibility.
- Developed SSIS packages to bring data from Oracle, Excel and Flat Files using MS Business Intelligence (BI) tool.
- Managed and coordinate with remote user for change request and optimization of application.
- Created and maintained data flow diagrams for existing and future ETL processes.
- Responsible for data migration activities as well as data loading activities using SQL server.
- Developed UNIX shell scripts to run batch jobs in production.
- Generated various reports like Cascade type reports, Tabular reports, and Drill down reports.
- Documented all work so that the user can easily understand the flow of the process.
- Worked on Unit Testing.
Environment: MS SQL Server 2014/2012/2008 R2, SQL Server Integration Services (SSIS), SQL Server Reporting Services 2008(SSRS), Visual Studio 2012, PL/SQL, Unit Testing.
Confidential, Charlotte, NC
- Involved in all phases of Data modeling, Physical and Logical Design of Database.
- Responsible for creating tables, indexes, sequences, constraints, triggers and procedures.
- Used DDL and DML for writing triggers, stored procedures for automating tasks.
- Defined constraints, Business Rules, Indexes, and Views.
- Involved in maintaining Data consistency and Data Integrity using various constraints like Unique, Check Primary Key and Default.
- Developed SQL Queries to fetch complex data from different tables in remote databases using joins, Database links, formatted the results into reports, and kept logs.
- Tuned and Optimized SQL Queries using Execution Plan and Profiler.
- Created SSIS Packages to extract data from different sources and load into excel.
- Helped in integration of the front end with the SQL Server backend.
- Import and Export of data from one server to other servers using tools like Data Transformation Services (DTS)
- Worked on importing /transferring the data to database tables using DTS, Import and Export Utility.
- Monitored performance and optimized SQL queries for maximum efficiency.
Environment: SQL Server Management Studio, Oracle, Sql Server Integration Services), SQL Server Reporting services SSRS,T-SQL, Visual Studio 2005, SQL Server Business Intelligence Development Studio (BIDS), Microsoft Excel
SQL Database Developer
- Generated linked reports, parameterized reports, drill down reports using SSRS.
- Developed complex sql queries from different databases.
- Created different parameterized store procedures, views and triggers on different databases.
- Created new databases, databases backups/restores and migrating the tables from existing databases to new databases using sql queries.
- Designed ETL packages to transfer files into sql server databases and designed reports.
- Have used SQL Server 2005 Integration Services (SSIS) transformations in the data flow of a package to aggregate, merge, distribute, and modify data.
- Performed Data Cleansing and Profiling using Transformations in Packages.
- Involved in complete SDLC including Requirement Specifications, Analysis, and Design, Building a Dimensional Data Model, Testing, Implementation, and Debugging & Maintenance of applications.
- Helped designing the ETL Specifications document and naming conventions for the project.
- Designed SSIS Packages to transfer data between servers, load data into database; Scheduled the jobs to do these tasks periodically
- Created SSIS packages for application that would transfer data among servers and perform other data transformations.
- Involved in migration of DTS packages to SSIS
- Handled performance tuning to optimize SQL queries using query analyzer.
- Used dynamic parameters in SSRS to enable/disable the parameters based on user selection.
- Worked on several transformations in Data Flow including Derived-Column, Lookup, Data Conversion, Conditional-Split and many more.
- Performed Unit Testing and Prepared maintenance plans.
Environment: SQL Server Data Tool (SSDT), SQL server 2015, 2012, 2008R2, Power BI, SSIS, SSRS
- Gathered and analyzed business requirements, and translated the same into system/technical requirements.
- Defined the source to target data mappings, business rules, business, and data definitions.
- Assisted with defining data model development methodologies, principles, and standards.
- Identified data issues and provided recommendations for resolution to ensure optimal performance.
- Utilized Visio for designing logical and physical database models.
- Wrote SQL queries and stored procedures to generate data for reports.
- Participated in scripting T-SQL queries, ranking functions, derived tables, common table expressions (CTEs), stored procedures, views, user defined functions (UDF), constraints, and database triggers.
- Worked with complex SQL queries utilizing joins, date functions, inline functions, sub-queries, user-defined functions, procedures, exception handling, views, and triggers.
- Proactively monitored, determined and solved issues at SQL/database/server levels.
- Enhanced the performance of SQL codes, procedures, and functions with SQL Profiler and DTA.
- Optimized SQL queries with execution plans to improve performance.
Environment: MS SQL Server 2012, BIDS, SSIS, Erwin, SQL Profiler, SQL Debugger, TFS.