- Above 8+ years of experience as Data Modeler with an excellent understanding of Data Warehouse and Data Mart designing.
- Excellent understanding industry standard methodologies like System Development Life Cycle (SDLC), as per Rational Unified Process (RUP), AGILE and Waterfall Methodologies
- Experience in analyzing data using Hadoop Ecosystem including Map Reduce, HDFS, Hive, Spark, Spark Streaming, Elastic Search, Kibana, Kafka, HBase, Zookeeper, PIG, Sqoop and Flume.
- Experience in developing Map Reduce Programs using Apache Hadoop for analyzing the big data as per the requirement.
- Well experienced in Dimensional and Relational Data Modeling using Star and Snowflake Schemas, OLTP/OLAP system, Fact, and Dimension tables, Conceptual, Logical and Physical Data Modeling using Erwin.
- Experience in designing star schema, Snowflake schema for Data Warehouse, ODS architecture.
- Expertise in designing the data warehouse using Ralph Kimball's and Bill Inmon techniques.
- Strong background in various Data Modeling tools using ERWIN, ER/Studio and Power Designer.
- Experience in importing and exporting Terabytes of data between HDFS and Relational Database Systems using Sqoop.
- Extensive experience in Normalization (1NF, 2NF, 3NF, and BCNF) and De - normalization techniques for improved database performance in OLTP and Data Warehouse/Data Mart environments.
- Well-versed in designing Star and Snowflake Database schemas pertaining to relational and dimensional data modeling.
- Experienced in Client-Server application development using Oracle PL/SQL, SQL PLUS, SQL Developer, TOAD, SQL Loader.
- Experience in cloud development architecture on Amazon AWS, EC2, EC3, Elastic Search, Elastic Load balancing, Redshift and AMI and Basic on MS Azure.
- Experienced with SQL Server and T-SQL in constructing Temporary Tables, Table variables, Triggers, user functions, views, Stored Procedures.
- Extensive experience in shell scripting, Python, Perl, Ruby, or any other scripting language
- Strong experience with architecting highly performing databases using PostgreSQL, MYSQL, and Cassandra.
- Having experience in writing complex SQL queries to perform end-to-end ETL validations and support Ad-hoc business requests.
- Extensive experience in developed Stored Procedures, Triggers, Functions, Packages using SQL/PLSQL.
- Experience in development of Big Data projects using Hadoop, Hive, HDP, Pig, Flume, Storm and Map Reduce open source tools/technologies.
- Experience in Database Creation and maintenance of physical data models with Oracle, Teradata, Netezza, DB2 and SQL Server databases.
- Experienced in working with Teradata Utilities like Fast load, Multi load, Tpump and Fast Export Teradata Query Submitting and processing tools like BTEQ and Teradata SQL Assistant.
- Well versed in conducting Gap analysis, Joint Application Design (JAD) session, User Acceptance Testing (UAT), Cost-benefit analysis and ROI analysis.
- An excellent team player & technically strong person who has the capability to work with business users, project managers, team leads, architects and peers, thus maintaining a healthy environment in the project.
Analysis and Modeling Tools: Erwin 9.6/9.5, Sybase Power Designer, Oracle Designer, ER/Studio 9.7, Star-Schema, Snowflake-Schema Modeling, FACT and dimension tables, Pivot Tables.
Big Data: Hadoop, HDFS 2, Hive, Pig, HBase, Sqoop, Flume
Database: Microsoft SQL Server 2014/2012 Teradata 15/14, Oracle 12c/11g MS Access, Postgress SQL, Netezza, SQL Server, Oracle.
OLAP Tools: Tableau, SAP BO, SSAS, Business Objects, and Crystal Reports 9.
ETL Tools: SSIS, Pentaho, Informatica Power 9.6
Reporting Tools: Business Objects, Crystal Reports
Operating Systems: Microsoft Windows 8/7, UNIX, Linux.
Tools: & Software: TOAD, MS Office, BTEQ, PL/SQL, SQL Assistant, SQL PLUS, SQL LOADER
- Worked as a Sr. Data Modeler to generate Data Models using Erwin and developed a relational database system.
- Led Architectural Design in Big Data, Hadoop projects and provide for a designer that is an idea-driven.
- Involved in several facets of MDM implementations including Data Profiling, Metadata acquisition, and data migration
- Built relationships and trust with key stakeholders to support program delivery and adoption of enterprise architecture.
- Designed both 3NF data models for ODS, OLTP systems and dimensional data models using Star and Snow Flake Schemas.
- Performed troubleshooting, fixed and deployed many Python bug fixes of the two main applications that were Maintained the main source of data for both customers and internal customer service team.
- Loaded data into Hive Tables from Hadoop Distributed File System (HDFS) to provide SQL-like access on Hadoop data
- Used Erwin for reverse engineering to connect to an existing database and ODS to create graphical representation in the form of Entity Relationships and elicit more information.
- Used Architecting Work Flows, Activity Hierarchy & Process Flows; documenting using Interface Diagrams, Flow Charts & Specification Documents.
- Generated and DDL (Data Definition Language) scripts using ERWIN and assisted DBA in Physical Implementation of Data Models.
- Worked with big data developers, designers and scientists in troubleshooting Map reduce job failures and issues with Hive, Pig and Sqoop.
- Developed Data mapping, Data Governance, Transformation and Cleansing rules for the Master Data Management Architecture involving OLTP, ODS, and OLAP.
- Worked in NoSQL database on simple queries and writing Stored Procedures for Normalization and De-normalization.
- Designed and Developed Oracle, PL/SQL Procedures and UNIX Shell Scripts for Data Import/Export and Data Conversions.
- Created HBase tables to load large sets of structured, semi-structured and unstructured data coming from UNIX, NoSQL and a variety of portfolios.
- Worked with the ETL team to document the transformation rules for data migration from OLTP to Warehouse environment for reporting purposes.
- Used Agile/scrum Environment and used Jenkins, GitHub for Continuous Integration and Deployment.
- Environment: Oracle 12C, Teradata 15.0, Teradata SQL Assistant, MDM, Informatica 9.6.1, Toad for Oracle 11.5 Expert, Erwin 9.7, MS Visio, OBIEE, Python, JIRA, AWS, Redshift, SSRS, Hadoop & Ad-Hoc, Agile.
Confidential, Jersey City, NJ
- As a Data Modeler, implemented MDM hub to provide clean, consistent data for a SOA implementation.
- Developed strategies for data acquisitions, archive recovery, and implementation of databases and working in a data warehouse environment, which includes data design, database architecture, and Metadata and repository creation.
- Involved in Big Data Analytics and Massively Parallel Processing (MPP) architectures like Greenplum and Teradata.
- Implemented dimension model (logical and physical data modeling) in the existing architecture using Erwin9.5
- Created MDM, OLAP data architecture, analytical data marts, and cubes optimized for reporting.
- Handled importing of data from various data sources, performed transformations using Hive, Map Reduce, loaded data into HDFS and Extracted the data from MySQL into HDFS using Sqoop
- Used Python and Django creating graphics, XML processing, data exchange, and business logic implementation.
- Used External Loaders like Multi Load, T Pump and Fast Load to load data into Teradata 14.1 Database.
- Developed workflow in Oozie to automate the tasks of loading the data into HDFS and pre-processing with PIG
- Worked on generating and documenting Metadata while designing OLTP and OLAP systems environment
- Worked hands on with ETL process. Handled importing data from various data sources, Performed transformations in HIVE
- Maintained enterprise models on Model Mart and contributed in Mart upgrade and other POC initiatives by enterprise team (Data lineage, Data Movement and Erwin Web Portal).
- Worked on Implementation of full lifecycle in Data warehouses and Business Data marts with Star Schemas, Snowflake Schemas, SCD & Dimensional Modeling.
- Created, managed, and modified logical and physical data models using a variety of data modeling philosophies and techniques including Inmon or Kimball
- Worked on Teradata SQL queries, Teradata Indexes, MDM Utilities such as Mload, Tpump, Fast load, and Fast Export.
- Deployed data from various sources into HDFS and building reports using Tableau.
- Designed and implemented basic PL/SQL queries for testing and sales report/data validation.
- Performed the Data Mapping, Data design (Data Modeling) to integrate the data across the multiple databases into EDW.
- Generated ad-hoc SQL queries using joins, database connections, and transformation rules to fetch data from Teradata database.
- Normalized the database up to 3NF to put them into the Star Schema of the data warehouse.
- Defined best practices for data modeling and extraction and ensure architectural alignment of the designs and development.
Environment: Erwin9.5, Teradata 14.1, Python, Hive, Star Schema, Snowflake Schema, Hadoop, ODS, T-SQL, SQL, ETL, MDM, PL/SQL, OLAP, OLTP
- Developed Logical and Physical Data models using ER Studio tool across the subject areas based on the specifications and established referential integrity of the system.
- Worked closely with business, data governance, medical professionals, SMEs and vendors to define data requirements.
- Developed various QlikView Data Models by extracting and using the data from various sources files, Excel, and Big data, Flat Files.
- Implemented Python scripts to import/export JSON file, which contains the customer survey information and/or asset information, to/from the database.
- Developed Data Mapping, Data Governance, and transformation and cleansing rules involving OLTP, ODS.
- Independently coded new programs and design Tables to load and test the program effectively for the given POC's using Big Data/Hadoop.
- Worked on translating high level business requirements into solution, infrastructure architectures, involved enterprise architects to align strategic view.
- Involved in OLAP model based on Dimension and FACTS for efficient loads of data based on Star Schema structure on levels of reports using multi-dimensional models such as Star Schemas and Snowflake Schema
- Generated DDL statements for the creation of new ER/studio objects like table, views, indexes, packages and stored procedures.
- Develop, Implement & Maintain the Conceptual, Logical & Physical Data models using ER/Studio - Forward/Reverse Engineer Databases (for the Staging, Normalized & presentation layers).
- Involved in debugging and Tuning the PL/SQL code, tuning queries, optimization for the Oracle, and DB2 database.
- Developed Data Migration and Cleansing rules for the Integration Architecture (OLTP, ODS, DW).
- Worked in data from database DB2 using Informatica to load it into a single repository for Data analysis.
- Worked on process improvement, normalization/de-normalization, data extraction, data cleansing, data manipulation
Environment: ER Studio, Star Schema, Snowflake Schema, Python, ODS, Hadoop, Spark, ETL, PL/SQL, MDM, OLTP, Oracle 10g/11g, DB2, MS Access, and Excel.