- Around 6 years of experience in the IT Industry focused on Business Intelligence, Data Warehousing and Development Projects. Worked as a Power BI / Tableau Developer with strong experience in Analysis, Design and Development in the field of report/dashboard analytics and implementation. Has a proven track record of successfully delivering mission critical projects and applications spanning multiple platforms and technologies with utmost quality and within the delivery timelines.
- Responsible for Setting clear priorities and coordinating deliverables and dependencies with all the responsible teams. Creating interactive Dashboards /Reports using Power BI and Tableau.
- Experience Delivering interactive Power BI visualizations, dashboards, reports based on business requirement.
- Interaction with stockholder/Customer in requirements gathering, documenting and getting approval from them on requirement.
- Created Customer 360 degrees’ view report on customer profile and developed cross table, bar chart, waterfall, tree map and complex reports which involve custom controls and custom expressions. worked with Cross tab, Scatter Plots, Geographic Map, Pie Charts and Bar Charts, Page Trails, Density Chart, etc., using Power BI.
- Mastered the ability to design and deploy rich Graphic visualizations using Power BI and Tableau; worked on complex KPI scorecards, heat maps, tree views, circle views, bar charts. Data visualizations and interactive dashboard
- Worked on data blending and increased the dashboard performance by extracting data.
- Experienced in handling huge tables and worked on performance tuning and query optimizations.
- Good knowledge of Data Marts, Operational Data Store (ODS), OLAP, Dimensional Data Modeling, Star Schema Modeling for FACT and Dimensions Tables.
- Worked with ETL tram on implementing ETL logic using Microsoft BI studio products like SSIS for implementation of ETL methodology in data extraction, transformation and loading.
- Expertise MS Excel spreadsheets and Power Pivot.
- Experience in writing and maintaining technical documentation to describe Reports development, logic, coding, testing, changes, and corrections.
- Experience working with multiple relational databases Azure SQL DB, SQL Server 2012/2014, DB2, PostgreSQL 9.2, Oracle 11g, MySQL etc.
- Expert in writing complex SQL query; well versed in query optimization for performance tuning.
- Extensive experience in the testing environment, worked on functional testing, system testing and involved in User Acceptance Testing (UAT) also,
- Experienced in Analyzing the BI Needs, interpreting business user requirements and translating them into reports.
- Experience working with Agile environment, interacted with IT and Business Team at various levels and coordinated meetings during the development phase of project.
BI Tools: Power BI Pro, Power BI Desktop 2.6, Tableau Desktop 10.2/9.2/8.X, Tableau Server, Tableau Reader, SSAS
ETL Tools: SQL Server Integration Services
Databases: Oracle 11g/10g, SQL Server 2012/2014, PostgreSQL 9.2, MySQL
Data Modeling: Erwin 9.1.
Languages: Java, R, C, C++, SQL, PL/SQL, T - SQL, HTML, JSON
Others Tools: Microsoft Suite, HDFS, Hive
Confidential, Charlotte, NC
Power BI Developer
- Actively participated in interacted with Business users, stakeholder and technical manager to fully understand the requirements of the system.
- Involved in gathering, analyzing, and documenting business requirements, functional requirements and data specifications for Reports and dashboards.
- Worked closely with ETL team, Data Modeler and all team within the organization to understand business processes.
- Transformed and combined the data using Query Editor in the Power BI
- Built multiple data visualizations using Power BI in the form of interactive reports and dashboards; delivered different visualizations using Slicers, Lines, Pies, Histograms, Maps, Scatter, Bullets, Heat Maps etc.
- Worked with Power BI Desktop workbooks and data models that are created using Data Analysis Expressions (DAX)
- Closely work with ETL SSIS to develop ETL jobs for extracting, cleaning, transforming and loading data into data warehouse.
- Involved in acquire data from multiple data sources and Identify, analyse and interpret trends or patterns in complex data sets
- Generated context filters and data source filters while handling large volume of data.
- Blended data from multiple data sources into dashboards.
- Created advanced chart types, visualizations and complex calculations to manipulate the data.
- Manipulate, Analyze and Interpret Complex Data Sets using SQL query.
- Prepare Power BI reports for Internal and External Audiences using Business logic and DAX.
- Prepared multiple reports, working with formulae, pivot tables & pivot charts, and various other excel components for accurate results.
- Prepare work efficiency reports to identify the bottlenecks in report performance & resolve issues.
- Prepared Dashboard reports and presenting it to the concern team.
- Published Power BI Desktop reports created in Report view to the Power BI service.
- Utilized DAX functions/query which includes Aggregation, Counting, Logical, information, Text and date functions in source data.
- Have used Z-order to overlap the reports on each other using Tableau.
- Create and customize simple visualizations, Combination charts, Slicers, Map visualizations, Matrixes and tables, Scatter charts, Waterfall and funnel charts, Gauges and single-number cards.
- Participated in cross-functional meetings to resolve recurring source data issues.
- Interacted with vendors directly through scheduled daily / weekly Business Conversation (Email).
- Prepared Dashboard reports and presenting it to the concern team for getting approval.
Environment: Tableau 9.2, MS Excel, SQL Server 2016, PostgreSQL 9.2
- Participated in the user requirement gathering and Design meetings and translate business needs into reporting and analytic requirements.
- Implemented action filters, parameters, calculated filed and set for preparing dashboards and worksheets in Tableau.
- Created Tableau scorecards, dashboards using Stack bars, bar graphs, scattered plots, geographical maps, Gantt charts using show me functionality.
- Developed dashboards in Tableau Desktop and published them on to Tableau Server that allowed end users to understand the data on the fly with the usage of quick filters for on demand-needed information.
- Effectively blended data from multiple databases into one report by selecting primary keys from each database for data validation.
- Designed large number of reports using table filters, single value parameters, multi value parameters, dependent parameters and Cascading
- Created Complex ad-hoc Reports, Sub Reports, Linked Reports, Charts, Drill through, and Drill down Reports.
- Build interactive dashboards and publish Tableau reports utilizing parameters, calculated fields and table calculations, user filters, action filters and sets to handle views more efficiently
- Worked on the development of Dashboard reports for Key Performance Indicators for the top management
- Created Bullet graphs to determine profit generation by using measures and dimensions data from Oracle, SQL Server and MS Excel.
- Reviewed basic SQL queries and edited inner, left, and right joins in Tableau Desktop by connecting live/dynamic and static datasets.
- Created custom SQL connections and calculated fields within Tableau to facilitate automated production of data visualizations
- Published Workbooks by creating user filters so that only appropriate users can view/edit them.
- Generated context filters and handled performance issues while dealing with huge volume of data.
- Interacted with customers on a regular basis to resolve issues.
- Provided training and support to ensure a smooth transition to the new environment.
Environment: Windows, MS SQL Server 2012, MySQL, SSIS, SSAS, Tableau 8.2, MS Excel, ORACLE 11g, ORACLE SQL Developer
SQL Server BI Developer
- Involved in creating dashboards by extracting data from different sources.
- Created dashboard using parameters, sets, groups and calculations .
- Involved in creating interactive dashboard and applied actions (filter, highlight and URL) to dashboard.
- Involved in creating calculated fields, mapping and hierarchies .
- Created drill through reports in dashboard.
- Involved in creating data blending in case of merging different sources.
- Involved in creating a dual-axis bar chart with multiple measures.
- Working on generating various dashboards in Tableau Server using different data sources such as Teradata, Oracle, Microsoft SQL Server and Microsoft Analysis Services.
- Performed Tableau type conversion functions when connected to relational data sources.
- Created incremental refreshes for data sources on Tableau server.
- Monitored VizQL server, Application Server and data server activity to track performance and system stability.
- Ability to authoring on Tableau server by changing mark types and adding filters directly in a web browser.
- Hands-on development assisting users in creating and modifying worksheets and data visualization dashboards.
- Created report schedules, data connections, projects, groups in Tableau server.
- Written creating complex SQL query to verify report results.
- Involved in creation and updates of several SQL Index, Views and appropriate User defined functions.
- Involved in documenting server architecture and solutioning to troubleshoot performance, scheduling, and server related issues.
Environment: Windows, MS SQL Server, MySQL, SSIS, Tableau, Excel