- To obtain a position which offers job security. This position would give my career continuity in technical challenges and growth.
- Thirty - two years were in the Property and Casualty Insurance industry.
- I worked as the Systems Engineer for the Gateway Team, assisting with the maintenance of the Confidential .
- I provided technical support as needed to other programmers on the team. I was also responsible for troubleshooting production problems.
- I attended classes to learn Notes development and spent some time in a maintenance position before I was asked to help support the Foremost NSI system.
- This system is an online, real time CICS DB2 system.
- I also supported the Advantage and Autotester systems which process the Umbrella, Yacht, and Marine business.
Hardware: Mainframe, Desktop PC
Applications: Telfast Homeowners, Gateway Personal Lines Policywriting system (HO, UM, DF lines of business), Foremost NSI Specialty Lines, Advantage Yachts & Umbrella, Autotester, Premiums, Texpac, Automobile, Ratabase, TMF, various Notes applications, COB application.
- Developed COBOL II/DB2 programs along with JCL streams to automate the manual dividends process
- Modified the batch process for the Retirement Income Management system to match the online tool
- Developed reports using COBOL II/DB2 to validate data for the Annual 404(a) Disclosure generation
- Developing a process to calculate Account Growth and Personal Rate of Return for plan mergers
- Supporting the New Business team with plan acquisitions
Software used: CICS, COBOL II, DB2, JCL, XPEDITER, File-Aid, IDCAMS, EndevorPlatinum, DbVisualizer Personal
- Developed COBOL II/DB2 programs along with JCL streams to support CMS Mandatory Insurer Reporting initiative.
- Developed a CICS splash screen for COBC online data entry to advise consequences for unauthorized access.
- Worked with Client to resolve production issues with monthly tracking reports.
- Responsibilities included working with business analysts in the clarification of technical specs, programming, testing, and production implementation
Software used: CICS, COBOL II, DB2, JCL, XPEDITER, File-Aid, IDCAMS, Endevor.
- Supported Farmers Baltimore Advantage team as a developer and analyst to support offshore developers.
- Supported Foremost NSI team working as an analyst to support offshore developers
- Responsible for producing the Autotester and Infoman reports on a daily basis.
- Responsible for building Panapts to migrate components from one development region to another.
Software used: CICS, COBOL II, DB2, JCL, XPEDITER, Endevor, File-Aid, Tablebase, Strobe, IDCAMS, Autotester.
- Provided technical support for all Personal Lines applications.
- Helped develop ‘AQ’ online quote function of Telfast Automobile System.
- Designed and developed a DB2 system to track policy applications from the mail room to issuance of dec.
- Assisted with the development of the Homeowners Gateway system. Coded and tested the program to convert policies from the Telfast system into Gateway.
- Organized, scheduled work assignments, and set priorities for Telfast Homeowners policy writing system. Spent 10 months as supervisor of Premium systems.
- Performed analysis, program specifications, coding and testing of all rate, regulatory, system inquiries and enhancements assigned to me in a mainframe batch, COBOL/ALC environment.
Software used: CICS, COBOL II, DB2, JCL, VSAM, XPEDITER, Endevor, File-Aid, Strobe, IDCAMS, Autotester, Clist, Lotus 123, Abend-Aid, Accucheck,.