- Over 7 years of experience in Information Technology as Data Analyst and Data Modeler with advanced analytical and problem solving skills.
- Expert knowledge in SDLC (Software Development Life Cycle) and was involved in all phases in projects process and familiar with Agile, Scrum, and Waterfall methodologies.
- Experience in developing Entity - Relationship diagrams and modeling Transactional Databases and Data Warehouse using tools like ERWIN, ER/Studio and Power Designer.
- Very good experience and knowledge on Amazon Web Services: AWS Redshift, and AWS EMR.
- Experience in relational, dimensional, and multidimensional data modeling for creating conceptual data modeling.
- Expert in writing SQL queries and optimizing the queries in Oracle, SQL Server and Teradata.
- A very good command over SQL queries, SQL Plus, PL/SQL Packages, Procedures, Functions and performance analysis indexes, indexed views, creating partitions, aggregating tables when required
- Solid experience in development of Conceptual, Logical and Physical Models for Online Transaction Processing and Online Analytical Processing (OLTP & OLAP) and Power Design.
- Experience with DDL and DML including Joins, Functions, Indexes, Views, Constraints, Primary Keys and Foreign Keys.
- Excellent experience in trouble shooting ETL jobs, data warehouse/data mart/data store models.
- Good experience in Normalization / De normalization techniques for optimum performance in relational and dimensional database environments.
- Expertise in working with business users as part of requirements gathering and converting them into technical solution.
- Expert in Business Intelligence in SQL Server Integration Services (SSIS ) and SQL Server Reporting Services ( SSRS ) with good knowledge on SQL Server Analysis Services (SSAS).
- Work extensively on forward engineering, reverse engineering and naming standards processes.
- Collecting, aggregating, matching, consolidating, quality-assuring, persisting and distributing such data throughout an organization to ensure consistency trough MDM.
- Proficient in data mart design and creation of cubes using dimensional data modeling - identifying Facts and Dimensions, Star Schema and Snowflake Schema.
- Experience in performance tuning and query optimization techniques in transactional and data warehouse environments.
- Preparing dashboards using calculated fields, parameters, calculations, groups, sets and hierarchies in Tableau.
- Experience in data transformation, data profiling and data mapping from source to target database schemas and data cleansing and also keep track of data quality.
- Experience in writing and executing unit, system, integration and UAT scripts in a data warehouse projects.
- Creating or modifying the T-SQL queries as per the business requirements.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills with a proven track record of ability, adaptability, creativity and innovation along with demonstration of very strong technical and managerial skills and while successfully leading teams to strict project deadlines.
Operating Systems: Windows, UNIX, MS DOS, Sun Solaris.
Databases: Oracle, SQL Server, Teradata, Sybase, MSAccess, DB2, Netezza
NoSQL DB: Cassandra
Modeling Tools: ERWIN r 9.1, Embarcadero, ER/Studio, MSVisio, Sybase Power Designer
Reporting Tools: Crystal reports XI, Business Intelligence, SSRS, Business Objects 5.x / 6.x, Cognos7.0/6.0.
ETL Tools: Informatica Power Center 7.1/6.2, Ab-Initio, Data Stage, SSIS.
Others: MS Office, TOAD, BTEQ, Fast Load, Multi Load, Fast Export
Cloud: AWS, MS Azure
Confidential - Boston, MA
Sr. Data Analyst/Data Modeler
- Worked as a Sr. Data Analyst/Data Modeler to review business requirement and compose source to target data mapping documents.
- Involved in the complete SDLC including Requirement Specifications, Analysis, Design, Development, & Testing of application.
- Implemented a proof of concept deploying this product in Amazon Web Services AWS.
- Used Model Mart of Erwin for effective model management of sharing, dividing and reusing model information and design for productivity improvement.
- Performed walkthroughs for conceptual data model for validating designs for the enterprise data warehouse.
- Data mapping, logical data modeling, created class diagrams and ER diagrams and used SQL queries to filter data within the Oracle database.
- Used normalization and de-normalization techniques to achieve optimum performance of the database.
- Performed Data Analysis and Data Profiling and worked on data transformations and data quality rules.
- Extensively involved in ETL mapping documents in data warehouse projects.
- Created multiple custom SQL queries in Teradata SQL workbench to prepare the right data sets for Tableau dashboards.
- Star schema was developed for proposed central model and normalized star schema to snow flake schema.
- Involved in design and development of standard and ad-hoc reporting using SQL/SSRS
- Created document for Self-Service Deployment and Execution process for SSIS packages. Constructed OLTP and OLAP Databases.
- Created XML parser for converting the XML data to CSV and then load the data into the data model after validating the data.
- Written T-SQL procedures to generate DML scripts that modified database objects dynamically based on user inputs
- Created Data Dictionaries, Source to Target Mapping Documents and documented Transformation rules for all the fields.
- Involved in Cube Partitioning, Refresh strategy and planning and Dimensional data modeling in Analysis Services (SSAS)
- Created PL/SQL procedures, triggers, generated application data, Created users and privileges, used oracle utilities import/export.
- Defined best practices for Tableau report development and effectively used data blending feature in tableau.
- Used both Kimball and Bill Inmon methodologies for creating data warehouse and transformed data from different OLTP systems.
- Performed Data Manipulation using MS Excel Pivot Sheets and produced various charts for creating the mock reports.
Environment: Erwin9.8, AWS SQL, Oracle12c, Teradatar15, OLAP, OLTP, XML, SSIS, SSRS, ETL, T-SQL, SSAS, PL/SQL, Tableau, MS Excel.
Confidential - Rosemont, IL
Data Analyst/Data Modeler
- Worked on projects related to Data Analysis, Data Modeling, Design and Development for Data warehousing environments
- Delivered task using Agile Scrum methodology and worked on backlog grooming, release and sprint planning, daily standups, impediment removal.
- Optimize Redshift Data warehouse by implementing workload management, sort keys & distribution keys.
- Created dimensional model for the reporting system by identifying required dimensions and facts using Erwin.
- Involved in database development by creating Oracle PL/SQL Functions, Procedures and Collections.
- Developed Star Schema and Snowflake Schema in designing the Logical Model into Dimensional Model.
- Analyzed business requirements and built logical and physical data models that described all the data and relationships between the data.
- Developed Unit Test Plans for SSIS packages for checking the functionality of each component.
- Created and published Tableau reports utilizing complex calculated fields, table calculations, filters, parameters.
- Extensively used Teradata utilities fastload, multiload, tpump to load data.
- Created Entity Relationships diagrams, data flow diagrams and implemented referential integrity using Erwin.
- Developed SQL scripts, stored procedures, views, materialized views and functions to perform the business logic
- Created data masking mappings to mask the sensitive data between production and test environment.
- Generated Sub-Reports, Cross-tab, Conditional, Drill down reports, Drill through reports and Parameterized reports using SSRS.
- Involved in the validation of the OLAP Unit testing and System Testing of the OLAP Report Functionality and data displayed in the reports.
- Worked on Forward Engineering to enhance the Data Structures of the Existing Database and Creating New Schemas.
- Introduced new coding standards and optimized generation of XML files on a daily basis with high quality.
- Developed complex T-SQL code such as Stored Procedures, functions, triggers, Indexes and views for the application.
- Involved in cross team discussions to provide optimized data base solutions for robust OLTP system
- Involved in capturing Data Lineage, Table and Column Data Definitions, Valid Values and others necessary information in the data models.
- Developed PL/SQL procedures & functions to support the reports by retrieving the data from the data warehousing application.
- Designed mappings using Informatica coming from different sources like databases, flat files into oracle staging area.
- Developed Scripts that automated DDL and DML statements used in creations of Databases, Tables, Constraints, and updates.
Environment: Erwin9.8, Oracle12c, Agile, SQL, Tableau, Redshift, PL/SQL, OLAP, XML, SSIS, SSRS, T-SQL, Informatica, Teradatar15.
Confidential - Eden Prairie, MN
- Worked on Data modeling using Dimensional Data Modeling, and Physical & Logical data modeling.
- Involved in gathering, analyzing, documenting business requirements, and functional requirements and data specifications.
- Initiated and conducted JAD sessions inviting various teams to finalize the required data fields and their formats.
- Created dimensional model for the reporting system by identifying required dimensions and facts using Power Designer.
- Extensively analyzed Ralph-Kimball Methodology and implemented it successfully.
- Led enterprise logical data modeling project (in third normal form) to gather data requirements for OLTP enhancements.
- Designed the PL/SQL procedures for getting the data from all systems to Data Warehousing system.
- Involved in Normalization and De-Normalization of existing tables for faster query retrieval.
- Implemented Bulk Load Process by converting existing Triggers to Oracle packages to improve the Data loading process.
- Designed and build the OLAP cubes using Star schema and Snow Flake Schema using native OLAP Service Manager.
- Involved in MDM Process including data modeling, ETL process, and prepared data mapping documents based on graph requirements.
- Developed T-SQL DDL-Data Definition Language, DML-Data Manipulation Language statements using dynamically generated SQL.
- Developed Cubes using SQL Analysis Services (SSAS) and Dimensions using cube wizard and Generated Named calculations and named queries.
- Maintained and Enhanced Data Model with changes and furnished with Definitions, Notes, Reference Values and Check Lists.
- Implemented advanced SQL queries using DML and DDL statements to extract large quantities of data from multiple data points on SQL Servers.
- Involved in the analysis of the existing claims processing system, mapping phase according to functionality and data conversion procedure.
Environment: Power Designer, SQL, PL/SQL, OLAP, ETL, OLTP, T-SQL, Oracle11g, MDM.
Confidential - Sparks, MD
Data Analyst/Data Modeler
- Created the DDL scripts using ER/ Studio and source to target mappings to bring the data from Source to the warehouse.
- Prepared conceptual/logical, physical data models and performed reverse and forward engineering.
- Involved in data mining, transformation and loading from the source systems to the target system.
- Created SSIS packages for different data loading operations for many applications.
- Used forward engineering approach for designing and creating databases for OLAP model
- Designed a Star schema for the detailed data marts and Plan data marts involving confirmed dimensions.
- Used performance-tuning methods to increase the performance of the oracle database.
- Identified various facts and dimensions from the source system and business requirements to be used for the data warehouse.
- Defined the key columns for the Dimension and Fact tables of both the Warehouse and Data Mart
- Created Informatica Workflows/Mappings based on the requirements and running/monitoring the Workflows
- Gathered requirements for MDM tool implementation and user workflow processes
- Enforced referential integrity in the OLTP data model for consistent relationship between tables and efficient database design
- Developed and maintained data dictionary to create metadata reports for technical and business purpose.
- Used SQL Profiler to monitor the server performance, debug T-SQL and slow running queries.
- Defined report layouts including report parameters and wrote queries for drill down reports using SSRS
- Involved in writing, testing, and implementing triggers, stored procedures and functions at Database level using PL/SQL.
- Involved with data profiling for multiple sources and answered complex business questions by providing data to business users.
- Used the automated process for uploading data in production tables by using UNIX.
Environment: ER/ Studio, SSIS, OLAP, MDM, OLTP, SQL, PL/SQL, T-SQL, SSRS, UNIX, Informatica.