- To obtain a challenging position that allows to work as BI Consultant where I can utilize my diverse experience of Business Intelligence Application Development and Reporting
- More than 14 years of IT industry experience in analysis, design, testing, development and Implementation of Data Warehouse, BI applications
- Around 5 years of Automobile Industry Experience.
- Over 10 years of experience in Banking domain
- Over 10+ years of experience in designing, development and deployment of Data Warehousing and Business Intelligence applications using Power BI, COGNOS 8/10, Tableau SAP BW/BI
- Extensive experience working as Power BI Developer and Analyst in Enterprise Environment.
- Design, Developing and publishing rich and intuitively interactive Power BI reports
- Extensive experience working in an Agile development environment
- Participated in designing and development of software using agile development practices
- Expert in creating different Visualizations using Bars, lines, pipe etc charts
- Worked in United Kingdom for 2 years, U.S over 1 year and Canada for the last 7 years
- Development Lead and Certified Senior Cognos Consultant, Developer with Requirement Analysis, Design, Development, Testing, Performance tuning and Support expertise
- Working knowledge on Management and Administration of AWS Services CLI, EC2, VPC, S3, ELB Glacier, IAM, Built a VPC, established the site - to- site VPN connection between Data Center and AWS .
- Experience in design and development of ETL (Extract, transform, load) processes, and validating data sources.
- Knowledge and experience on Active Directory Federation Service
- Working knowledge in Automating, Configuring and deploying instances on AWS, Data centers, also familiar with EC2, Cloud watch, Cloud Formation and managing security groups on AWS.
- Enabling role-based security in the reports; restricting access to information
- Experience in SAP BW and Hana Studio including Extraction and Modeling of creating views, Composite Provider, ODS, Infocube, Master data etc. Open ODS View and ADSO
- BI (Reporting and Analysis) Tools: Business Explorer (BEx) Query Designer, Web Application Designer, BEx Analyzer, Web Analyzer, BEx Report Designer
- Experience in HANA, creation of Attribute views, Analytical views, calculation views along with import and exporting models
- Reporting and OLAP solutions with Cognos 10, Cognos 8 BI Suite Cognos Series 7
- Strong Object Oriented Programming development experience
- Well Versed with Star & Snow Flake Schemas
- Strong verbal and written communication skills that make me valuable for gathering client business requirements and leading development team
- Executive-level reporting, analysis, and presentation experience
- Well-organized, self-motivated, adaptable, quick learner, independent and good team player.
- Confidential Certified Developer - Cognos 10 BI Metadata Models
Report Applications: Crystal Reports 9
OLAP Tools: Cognos 7.3/8.3, Cognos 10.2, transformer, Cognos ReportNet1.1, TM1
Cloud Platform: Amazon Web Services (AWS), Azure; Synapse
Internet Tool: Front Page 2000
Script Language : Java Script, VB Script, HTML, DHTML, XML, CSS
Markup Languages: HTML, XML, Python
Database Applications: SQL Server 7.0/2000, Oracle 8i, PL/SQL, DB2, Netezza, MS-Access
Business Intelligence: SAP Business Objects BI Platform 4.2, Informatica7.1 SAP Lumira, WEBI, HANA 2.3
Operating Systems: MS-Windows 95/98/NT/2000/XP, UNIX
Source Control systems: Clear Case, Clear Quest, VSS
Other Tools: Visio, Manage now, Service Now, HP ALM
BI Tech Lead, Consultant
- Worked as Lead developer at Confidential for Confidential
- As part of International banking team, developed dash board, reports in power bi
- Migrated some of the reports from Cognos to Power BI
- Creating Dashboards, reports and moving them to PRD env.
- Worked with Power BI service, Report Server
- Designed best and optimized model based on available env.
- Developed direct query and import query reports
- Involved in UAT with Costa Rica, Panama teams
- Involved in moving data from Enterprise data lake (EDL), Synapse to Postgres for Reporting tables
- Worked with Power BI service, custom visualizations,
BI Tech Lead/Developer
- Worked as Lead Consultant at IS Dept of Confidential Canada Inc.
- Migrated some of the self-service and adhoc reports to Power BI and in Cognos
- Extensively worked on reports development using Agile process
- Used SCRUM for Agile development and participated in team lead activities
- Created Dax Queries to generate meaningful reports
- Designed and implemented multiple dashboards using Power BI - Report server, service
- Used data blending feature to generate some of the reports in Cognos
- Developed Power BI Visuals including Tree map, Funnel, Line Chart
- Worked on DAX Functions and usages
- Developed chart, grid, table reports in Cognos for one of the requirements.
- Involved in migration of some of the reports to SAP BOBJ environment
- Implemented security features of Cognos like row level, object level and report level to make the data secure.
- Created complex reports using reporter module in Desktop/Web Intelligence functionalities like Slice and Dice, Drill Down, Functions, Cross Tabs, Master/Detail, and Formula
- Support in running monthly jobs, Developed Relational/Dimensional data models
- Interact with various departments to resolve their daily reporting issues in Power BI
- Effort estimations, support user acceptance test of Power BI Reports
- Change ticket implementation, code promotion, Incident, JIRA Ticket management
- Identifying defects and logging them in HP ALM, Track and follow up on defects till closure
BI Tech Lead, Consultant
- Worked as Technical Lead, Developer for migration of Cognos 7 suite Reports to Cognos 8, and new development
- Followed Agile methodology while developing new reports
- Developed data visualization using cross map, scatter plots
- Developed complex Reports using Functions, calculations
- Developed marketing reports in Cognos
- Used Excel data source for developing Power BI Reports
- Created SQL data model, data loading and tuning
- Involved in various card product launch projects
- Gathered requirements from source system and identified the data and reporting requirements
- Involved in data modelling, STAR schema, dimensional model
- Designed transformer models (dimension map, facts (regular/calculated))
- Imported metadata into Framework manager and created the necessary relationships between the objects and designed business model
- Developed metadata model using Framework Manager to upgrade Cognos 7 reports to Cognos 8/10
- Validated and upgraded reports using Life Cycle Manager and Report Upgrade