- 7 plus years of experience in Microsoft SQL Server 2016 / 2014 / 2012 / 2008 R2 / 2005 with an emphasis on design, development, enhancement, and automation, tuning and optimizing databases for high Availability , Performance and Security.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Business Intelligence technologies like MS SQL Server Integration Services ( SSIS ), MS SQL Server Analysis Services ( SSAS ) and MS SQL Server Reporting Services ( SSRS ).
- Experience in integration of various data sources like SQL Server , Oracle , Access DB , DB2 and Flat File , Excel File .
- Familiarity in Huge Data Migrations , using SSIS , Bulk Copy Program ( BCP ) and Bulk Insert (BI).
- Highly proficient in packages to extract, transform and load data ( ETL ) using SSIS, Designed packages which are utilized for tasks and transformations Data Conversion and Pivot tables.
- Experience in Power BI , creating interactive visualizations, dashboards, reports based on business requirements.
- Extensively worked on Control Flow Tasks such as For each Loop Container , Data Flow Task , File System Task , Script Task , Execute SQL Task, FTP Task , Execute Process Task and Send Mail Task .
- Strong experience with T - SQL (DDL & DML) in implementing and developing Stored Procedures , Triggers , Nested Queries , Joins , Cursors , Views , Indexes , User Profiles and Relational Database Models.
- Experienced in BI Development and Deployment of SSIS packages from MS - Access and Excel .
- Documented the technical architecture of the data warehouse, including the physical components, their functionality, source data and ability to integrate with existing system architecture.
- Strong experiences to design, deploy, and maintain various SSRS reports in SQL Server.
- Excellent experience in designing and developing stylish and complex reports like reports using Drill Down , Sub Reports , Cascading parameters , Drill-Through Reports , Parameterized Reports , Chart Reports and ad-hoc reports using Global variables, Expressions and Functions for Business Users using SQL Server Reporting Services ( SSRS ).
- Expert in Creating and Deploying SSRS Reports on the portal for user accessibility.
- Strong concepts of Data Warehousing , strategies for ETL, identifying metrics, dimensions, hierarchies, and design dimensional schema (Star, Snowflake) and implementing slowly changing dimension etc.
- Familiar with database normalization in database designing. Adept in creating ER diagrams and mapping the data into database objects.
- Experience in configuration of report server and report manager scheduling, give permissions to different level of users in SQL Server Reporting Services ( SSRS ).
- Experience in building and writing MDX Queries, Calculated Members, and KPI’s using Microsoft SQL Server Analysis Services Business Intelligence ( SSAS , SSRS ).
- Experience with software development life cycle ( SDLC ), Agile , Scrum and Project Management Methodologies .
- Expert in automating process by creating jobs and error reporting using Alerts , SQL Mail Agent , FTP and SMTP .
- Involved in coding new and maintaining current business applications and systems using SQL .
- Experience in developing testing and debugging.
- Excellent interpersonal skills with problem solving and analytical skills.
- Strong communication skills (oral and written) along with good organizational skills.
Languages: T-SQL, PL/SQL, C, C++
Operating Systems: MS-DOS, Windows Server 2012/2008/2003/ XP/NT 4.0/98/95, UNIX
Database Tools: MS SQL Server 2016/2014/2012/2008 R2/2005, Oracle 11g/10g/9i/8i, TOAD 7.5, MS Access, SQL Server Management Studio, SQL Server Data Tools, Business Intelligence Development Studio (BIDS), Visual Studio, SQL Profiler, Performance Monitor, DTS, Database
Data Warehouse Tools: SSIS, SSRS, SSAS 2016/2014/2012/2008 R2/2005
Data Modeling Tools: Power Designer, MS Visio, ERWIN
Reporting Tools: MS Reporting Server(SSRS), Excel Power View
Packages: MS Office, Microsoft Office Suit, Microsoft Office SharePoint Server (MOSS), Microsoft Performance Point Server
- Extensive Experience in Agile Methodology, starting from SCRUM, business requirement gathering and analysis to testing and deployment.
- Involved in the creation of database objects like Tables, Views, Stored Procedures, Functions, Packages, DB Triggers and Indexes.
- Worked on SQL performance tuning and done unit testing to check the performance on the changes made in the backend reflecting in the front end of the application.
- Developed, fixed bugs, tested and deployed SSIS packages using SQL Server 2016/2014/2012/2008 R2 Business Intelligence Development Studio.
- Gathered Report Requirements and designed Reports, Matrix, Table Reports with Drilldowns, Map Reports, Dashboards, Gauge and Subscription Reports.
- Strong knowledge of Data Warehousing methodologies, concepts and implementation of Star Schemas, Snowflakes Schemas, Facts & Dimensions.
- Developed reports with consistent drill-down functionality including Drilldown report and Summary report.
- Used Microsoft Power BI Power Query to extract data from external sources and modify data to certain format as required in Excel, and created SSIS packages.
- Migrate existing data into the Power BI.
- Used DAX for creating Calculated columns and Calculated measures.
- Created many dashboards in Power BI using DAX expressions and deployed them using content pack.
- Experience in Dimensional Modeling, ER Modeling, FACT, Dimensional Tables and Operational Data Store (ODS).
- Analyzed source OLTP systems and created data mapping documents for the ETL process.
- Designed T-SQL scripts to identify long running queries and blocking sessions.
- Created SSIS templates for developing SSIS packages in such a way that they can be dynamically deployed in to development, testing and production environments.
- Involved in creating, modifying and troubleshooting SSIS packages.
- Experienced in writing Parameterized Queries for generating Tabular reports, Formatting report layout, Sub reports using Global Variables, Expressions, Functions, Sorting the data, Defining Data Source and subtotals for the reports using SSRS
- Expertise in Relational Database Management Systems, including Normalization and De-Normalization Techniques, Constraints, Querying, Joins, Keys, Functions, Data Import/Export and Cursors.
- Ensured constraints and writing triggers/linked server scripts to apply the business rules. Performance Tuning, Backing Up & Restoring User Databases.
- Used JIRA as project management system and worked in AGILE environment.
- Used the SQL Server Profiler tool to monitor the performance of SQL Server - particularly to analyze the performance of the stored procedures.
- Implemented transactions at package and task level in SSIS to meet the business requirements.
Environment: SQLServer 2016/2014/2012/2008 R2, Microsoft Access, SSIS, SSRS, SSAS, MS Azure, Microsoft CRM 2016/2014,Excel (VLOOKUP’s, Pivot Tables), MS Visual Studio 2015,Dashboards, Windows 2008, Windows XP, Oracle.
- Worked on Full life cycle development (SDLC) involving in all stages of development.
- Involved in system study, analyze the requirements by meeting the client and designing the complete system.
- Developed complex SQL Server (T-SQL) queries with Sub Query, Derived Query, Joins, Union, CTE, Stored Procedures, Functions, Views, Triggers, Dynamic SQL etc.
- Used SQL Profiler to estimate the slow running queries and Database Tuning Advisor for performance tuning purpose.
- Generated SSRS Reports involving different features like Reports, Sub-Reports, Drilldown, Drill-Through, Charts, Filters, Multi-valued parameters and linked reports in SSRS.
- Involved in developing ETL for loading data into Database.
- Extracted data from various heterogeneous sources and created packages using SSIS, Import/ Export Data, Bulk Insert and BCP utilities.
- Worked with various SSIS control flow tasks and data transformations like Data Conversion, Derived Column, Look-up, Fuzzy Look-up, Conditional Split, Aggregate transformations etc. as part of ETL.
- Created SSIS Packages to load variety of large volume data into data warehouse from different sources like CSV files, Text files and Excel Spreadsheets.
- Creating Packages on SSIS by using different Data Transformations like Derived Column, Conditional Split, Pivot, Multicast, Sort and Execute SQL Task to load data into data warehouse.
- Widely worked on to improve SQL Query performance, SQL Query analytics and highly complex joins to populate the desired result set.
- Extensively worked on Design and development of SSIS (ETL) packages to extract, transform and load data from different Sources like Excel files, flat files to the Data warehouse using different tasks and transformations like File System Task, Data Flow Task, Derived Columns, and Execute SQL Task.
- Comprehensively worked on SQL scripts using local and Global Temp Tables, Variables and Table Variables, Common Table Expressions (CTE) as per the requirement and convenience.
- Used Report manager and Power BI to deploy reports, schedule reports and created groups and users.
- Created different types of Tabular reports like Cascaded Parameters, Drill through, Drilldown, sub-reports and Matrix reports and developed some graphical reports using Report Designer.
- Used Reporting Services (SSRS) to schedule reports to be generated on predetermined time.
- Wrote complex SQL Queries using multiple joins for creating reports using Report builder based on the requirements.
- Designed SSIS packages to load data from source to Data Warehouse.
- Created different Facts and Dimension tables to increase the performance of complex SQL queries that are used in SSRS reporting.
- Created mappings and workflows as per the business requirement.
- Designed and Implemented plan for the moving data to various destinations.
- Designing Logical and Physical Data Model with Erwin r7.
- Worked on analysis of the data and develop plan based on the ETL specifications.
Environment: Microsoft SQL Server 2014/2012/2008/ R2, Data stage ETL, SSDT, Microsoft Excel, SSIS/SSAS/SSRS 2012/2008, Microsoft Office, Power BI, Profiler, Visual Studio, Microsoft TFS, BIDS.
Confidential, Los Angeles, CA
- Created Tables, Views, Users, Logins, Indexes, check constraints and business rules using T-SQL and maintained databases.
- Transferred data from various data sources/business systems including DB2, MS Excel, MS Access, Flat Files etc. to SQL Server using SSIS Packages and using various features like Excel source, Flat File Source, Transformation etc.
- Created SSIS packages to get data from different sources, consolidated and merged into one single source.
- Created detailed design and requirements documents with logic to help team members understand the requirements and design.
- Designed and implemented Relational Databases, Data Marts and Developed Reports to allow users to easily access data.
- Involved in writing T-SQL stored procedures, functions for generating various customer review SSRS reports.
- Generated on-demand and scheduled reports for business analysis or management decision using SQL Server Reporting Services (SSRS).
- Involved in using TFS to check in and check out SSRS reports
- Performed Query optimization & Performance Tuning.
- Resolved and closed the Production tickets generated due to failure of daily incremental production jobs and provided on call support for Production issues
- Developed reports with consistent drill-down functionality including Drilldown report and Summary report.
- Used SSRS to Create, Execute and Deliver Tabular, Matrix and Charts Reports.
- Involved in usage of various SSIS components like Slowly Changing Dimension, Conditional Split, Merge, Merge Join, Multicast, Union All, Sort, Derived Column, SQL Execution Task, Variables and Error Handling before loading data into the Data warehouse.
- Designed custom Dimensions and Facts Tables to extend data warehouse.
- Created SSIS packages and involved in Package Configurations and deployments between Development and QA and Production servers so that various properties like variables, connection managers could be changed when moving the Package from one environment to another.
- Involved in Unit testing, logging and Custom Logging in SSIS Packages, Query verification in SSIS and Stored Procedures.
- Conducted system tests, troubleshoot customer issues and correct database defects.
- Created, tested and implemented SQL backup strategy based on the business needs, utilize the combination of full, differential and transactional log backup to ensure all necessary business data is properly backed up.
Environment: : MS SQL Server 2014/2008, SQL server Reporting Services 20014, SQL Server Management Studio, MS Excel, T-SQL.