- SQL Server Developer/BI Developer with 7+ years of professional experiences in Database Design, Development and Maintenance using MS SQL Server 2016/2014/2012 , (SSIS, SSRS, SSAS)
- Over 1 - year experience using Power BI to create dashboards and reports using DAX queries and calculated columns.
- Proficient Knowledge in dealing with Relational Database Management Systems, including Normalization, Stored Procedures, Constraints, Querying, Joins, Keys, Indexes, Data Import/Export, Triggers and Cursors.
- Strong experience in creating T-SQL objects, working with DDL/DML, performs most of the SQL Server Enterprise Manager and Management Studio functionality using T-SQL Scripts and Batches.
- Experienced in using complex T-SQL queries, Dynamic SQL, Sub-queries and complex Joins Microsoft T-SQL to create and optimize database objects - Tables, Views, Indexes, Triggers, Stored Procedure, Transactions, CTEs, Joins and performance tuning.
- Experience in designing the logical data model and physical data model.
- Good understanding of Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC) phases and Agile environment
- Outstanding experience in specifying issues in database, Performance Tuning, Debugging, Troubleshooting and improving database performance
- Extensive experience in data extraction, transforming and loading (ETL) using SQL Server Integration Services (SSIS), creating various packages depending on user requirements
- Experienced in usage of SSIS Control Flow Tasks (For loop, Foreach loop, Execute SQL task) and Data Flow Tasks such using transformation (Conditional Split, Data Conversion, Loop up, Derived Column, Merge, Union all, Merge join)
- Proficient in providing Logging, Error handling by using Event Handler, and Custom Logging for SSIS packages
- Experienced in creating reports for business analysis and management purposes using SQL Server Reporting Services (SSRS)
- Experienced in creating Drill Down and Drill Through, Ad Hoc, Parameterized reports, Sub-reports, Snapshots, designing report layout using SQL SSRS
- Expert in involving variety of features using complex expressions to Calculate, Group, Filter data in the report using SQL SSRS
- Experienced in handling data efficiently in OLTP and OLAP environment
- Knowledge of data warehouse, star schema and snowflake schema
- Experienced in developing OLAP Cubes, Dimensions using SQL Server Analysis Services (SSAS)
- Worked as a .NET developer to develop updated code for core internal services.
- Experienced in using Tableau, Micro Strategy, Power BI to generate different types of reports (Dashboard, Chart, Graph)
- Excellent Communication skills, excelling as a team player and equally excelled when worked individually to achieve all project deliverables successfully
Programming Languages: C#, ASP.NET MVC, ADO.NET, CSS, HTML, T-SQL, PL/SQL
Databases: MS SQL Server 2016/2014/2012 , MS Access, Oracle
BI Tools: SQL Server Data Tools (SSDT), SQL Server Management Studio(SSMS)
Reporting Tools: SQL server Reporting Services (SSRS), Tableau, Micro Strategy 10.3, Power BI
ETL Tools: SSIS
Data modeling Tools: MS Visio
Other: Alteryx, Team Foundation Server (TFS), SharePoint
Eagle Pharma, Tampa, FL
- Gathered business requirements from sales team and business analyst team, worked on the enterprise data warehouse architecture and on the development of logical data models
- Optimized the performance of queries with modifications in T-SQL queries, removed unnecessary columns, and eliminated redundant and inconsistent data.
- Designed and developed SSIS ETL packages to validate, extract, transform and load data from OLTP systems to the Data warehouse.
- Designed dynamic SSIS Packages to transfer data from different platforms, validate data during transferring, and archived data files from different Databases.
- Worked with SSIS Data flow task, Transformations, For-loop containers and Fuzzy Lookups, Data conversion and configured data in slowly changing dimension
- Integrated ETL (batch processing) as well as real time processes using web services that were both subscribed and fed as information into the database.
- Designed and deployed various ETL packages to migrate the data coming from SQL Server and to synchronize daily transaction data by using SSIS
- Incrementally and dynamically transformed data by using SSIS (Conditional Split, Data Conversion, Lookup, Derived Column, Merge, Union all, Merge join, Slowly Changing Dimension)
- Developed Matrix reports, Parameterized reports, Drill-through reports, Drill-down reports as per business requirements by using SSRS
- Created measures for report level using DAX functions in Power BI to cut down redundant table columns.
- Wrote calculated columns, did data analysis using Power query’s in power bi desktop using best practices.
- Weekly presentation to the business users about the reports and their changes as required.
- Created Yearly, Quarterly, Monthly, and Daily as required by the business to show its KPIs.
- Created columns and transformed columns for visuals using several transformations that are available in Power BI query editor.
- Created parameter measures in Power BI to calculate hypothetical numbers to show the probable expected numbers for the coming months revenue and sales.
- Created stored procedures and SQL queries to pull data into power pivot model using Power Query.
- Created visualization reports (Dashboard, Pie Chart, Bar Chart, Line Chart, Graph) to show the customer feedback on the services using SSRS, Power BI.
- Installed and Configured SQL server 2016 on Development and production server.
- Developed reports from SQL Server Databases and OLAP data warehousing.
- Created dynamical queries, Sub-queries, CTEs, Joins, User Defined Function, Trigger, Stored Procedure, Index and implemented as per business requirements to manipulate data, secure and optimize database
- Tuned complex SQL queries and Stored Procedures to increase performance and used Try/Catch for Exception handling.
- Conducted performance tuning and monitored database management by using SQL Profiler and Database Engine Tuning Advisor
Environment: MS SQL Server 2016/2014, SQL Server Integration Services (SSIS), SQL Server Reporting Services (SSRS), SQL Profiler, Power BI, MS Office, SQL Server Management Studio 16.5
Confidential, Grand Rapids, MI
- Participated with business analysts in order together requirements for design and implementation of database. Performed basic DBA activities like Backup and Restore.
- Designed high level ETL architecture for overall data transfer from the OLTP to OLAP with SSIS and prepared ETL mapping processes and related mapping documents.
- Worked on existing OLTP system(s) and created facts, dimensions, data models, star schema representation for the data mart of OLTP and OLAP databases.
- Implemented various tasks and transformations for data cleansing and performance tuning of packages using SSIS.
- Was responsible for implementation of data viewers, SSIS Logging, error configurations for error handling of packages.
- Created local and global variables for package configurations.
- Created parameterized reports and ad-hoc reports using Report builder.
- Responsible for designing, creating and deploying the reports into the production server from development server.
- Created complex store procedure to copy database objects from remote server to local machine and vice versa.
- Created .net Script for automating the various SSIS Packages.
- Generated Daily, Weekly, Monthly, Subscriptions, Dashboard reports for the analysis of managers and end users by using SSRS, Tableau, PowerBI (Proof of concept) and MicroStrategy .
- Created Level of Detail to show the aggregation of data at different dimension levels so that it may be compared to other level of data.
- Created trendlines, box and whisker plots to show the best fit for the trend of product sales based on multiple years of data.
- Created Reports and dashboards and the corresponding story points in Tableau to present the data for presentation for meetings.
- Responsible for ongoing maintenance and change management to existing reports and optimize report performance (SSRS).
- Created cubes, dimensions and business critical KPIs using SQL Server Analysis Services (SSAS) representing aggregations in several different ways.
- Created hierarchically and using custom groupings for analyzing performance.
- Wrote MDX queries to access data from OLAP cubes.
- Responsible for creating and implementation of data access stored procedures and triggers for automating tasks.
- Performed basic DBA activities.
- Responsible for creating SQL Scripts, Complex stored procedures, Triggers, Indexes, Cursors, various constraints, views, function, and variables to implement business rules.
- Identified slow running query and optimization of stored procedures and tested applications for performance, data integrity using SQL Profiler.
Environment: : MS SQL Server 2014/2012, SQL Server Reporting Services, SQL Server Integration Services, SQL Server Analysis Services, Visual Studio 2013, .Net framework, Visio 2013, SQL Server Management Studio, SQL Profiler, PowerBI, Tableau 10.0, MS Office, MicroStrategy 10.3, SSMS
Confidential, Minneapolis, MN
MSBI SQL Developer
- Created SSIS packages to extract data from various sources from diverse locations and loaded data into SSMS for further use.
- Built efficient SSIS ETL packages for processing fact and dimension tables with transforms and Slowly Changing Dimensions (SCD) to ensure the database platforms are configured, hardened and maintained to capture record changes.
- Designed and built up high performance ETL packages to migrate and manipulate data from Teradata, Oracle, MS Excel and SQL Server by using SSIS
- Used various SSIS transformations such as conditional split, derived column for data scrubbing, including data validation checks during staging, before loading the data into the Data Warehouse.
- Designed Data Warehouse using Snowflake schema by normalizing dimensional tables.
- Designed the new Credit Risk report using Transact-SQL (T-SQL) and SSRS, illustrated by interactive reports, linked reports, sub-reports, parameterized reports and drill down, drill through reports.
- Created bar graphs, pie charts, reports, dashboards in Tableau to show the seasonality of product profit, revenue and sales.
- Created Reports in Tableau to show different Gauge charts and visualizations to demonstrate the KPIs of the individual departments and categories of products.
- Communicated with all lines of business and management, proactively identified cross functional or technical issues to improve application stability.
- Blended data from multiple data sources like Excel, SQL Server, Oracle into same worksheet and created dashboards with filters and parameters using Tableau.
- Applied Unit Testing on reports and dashboards to ensure data integrity as per the business requirements
- Working with Calculations, Key Performance Indicators and Aggregations on SSAS Cubes.
- Using PowerShell to write scripts to execute Stored Procedure.
- Created SSAS tabular semantic model in Direct Query mode with multiple partitions, KPI's, hierarchies and calculated measures using DAX as per business requirements
- Using C# Script to support ETL packages to improve the performance.
- Developed an application using ASP.Net MVC 5 Web Application.
- Created simple data entry applications using C# .NET and SQL Server.
- Utilized ADO.NET with C# in Visual Studio 2013 to establish connections between server-side web application and a Microsoft SQL Server 2008R2 database using Dataset, Data Reader and Data Adapter codes.
- Utilized Entity Framework with C# in Visual Studio 2012 to establish connections between server-side web application and a Microsoft SQL Server 2012 database.
Environment: : SQL Server Management Studio (SSMS) 2012, Server Integration Services (SSIS), SQL Server Reporting Services (SSRS), SQL Server Analysis Services (SSAS), T-SQL, ASP.NET, CSS (3), HTML (5), PowerShell, Microsoft Excel 2010, Teradata, Oracle 11g, Tableau 9.0
Confidential, Basking Ridge, NJ
- Experience in Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC) including requirements gathering, writing technical specifications, Production support and Maintenance Activities.
- Involved in gathering business requirements and provided documentation to plan, define and design data.
- Designed and implemented comprehensive Backup plan and disaster recovery strategies Implemented.
- Migrated Database from SQL Server 2008 to 2012 by using side-by-side migration.
- Designed and optimized dynamic SQL batches to perform bulk operations in the OLTP environment.
- Designed and developed efficient SSIS packages for processing fact and dimension tables.
- Wrote several SQL Scripts such as finding long running queries, blocking sessions, archiving data from production to archive server and populating reporting data.
- Monitored performance with SQL Profiler and Windows System Monitor.
- Designed ETL packages dealing with different data sources (SQL Server, Flat Files, Wed Services) and loaded the data into target data sources by performing various kinds of transformations using SQL Server Integration Services (SSIS).
- Troubleshoot database performance issues and tune database objects. Set up traces and Profiler to troubleshoot performance.
- Administered the created Reports by assigning permission to the valid user for executing the reports.
- Created and maintained Databases, created Roles and managed user permissions and resolved blocks and deadlocks.
- Implemented Event Handlers and Error Handling in SSIS packages and notified process results to various user communities
- To set up SQL Server configuration settings to resolve various resource allocation & memory issues for SQL Server databases and to setup ideal memory, min/max server options.
Environment: MS SQL Server 2012, SQL Server Integration Services (SSIS), SQL Server Data tools 2010, SQL Server Reporting Services (SSRS), SQL Profiler, Database Engine Tuning Advisor, Tableau 7.0, MS Office, Windows 7.