- 12.1 years of IT experience (6.6 years Onsite) in Analysis, Design, Development, Testing, Production support and Implementation with proficiency in Oracle 9i/10g/11g, SQL Server Database(SSMS & SSRS), T - SQL, SQL, PL SQL, Pro* C and UNIX Shell Script, PIWIK and OBIEE(BI), GITHUB, VSS.
- Technically adept and confident software programmer with exceptional skills in coding and documentation. Worked in projects with Agile methodology.
- Proficient Experience in Banking, and Energy domains. Involved in Designing, writing Specifications for various modules. Strong Trouble-shooting, Problem solving, Analytical & Design Skills.
- Expertise in Oracle database design and writing SQL & T-SQL queries and PL SQL programming.
- Effectively made use of Table Functions, Indexes, Table Partitioning, Collections, Analytical functions, Materialized Views, Query Re-Write and Transportable table spaces.
- Good knowledge on logical and physical Data Modeling using normalizing Techniques.
- Created Tables, Views, Constraints, Indexes, Writing DDL and DML statements.
- Developed Complex database objects like Stored Procedures, Functions, Packages and Triggers using SQL and PL/SQL.
- Excellent technical and analytical skills with clear understanding of design goals of ER modeling for OLTP and dimension modeling for OLAP.
- Experience in Oracle supplied packages, Dynamic SQL, Records and PL/SQL Tables.
- Loaded Data into Oracle Tables using SQL Loader.
- Partitioned large Tables using range partition technique.
- Experience with Oracle Supplied Packages such as DBMS SQL, DBMS JOB and UTL FILE. Created Packages and Procedures to automatically drop table indexes and create indexes for the tables.
- Worked extensively on Ref Cursor, External Tables and Collections.
- Expertise in Dynamic SQL, Collections and Exception handling.
- Experience in SQL performance tuning using Cost-Based Optimization (CBO).
- Good knowledge of key Oracle performance related features such as Query Optimizer, Execution Plans and Indexes.
- Good experience on data migration, transformation and conversions involving Oracle and MS SQL.
- Experience with Performance Tuning for Oracle RDBMS using Explain Plan and HINTS.
- Involved in jobs scheduling, monitoring and Production Support in a 24/7 environment.
- Soft skills included organized, dedicated, self-starter with a positive attitude, ability to learn new tools and concepts, capable to handle multiple assignments and meet tight deadlines under high pressure.
- Ability to work individually as well as in a team with excellent problem solving and troubleshooting capabilities. Excellent analytical and interpersonal skills, oral and written communication skills.
- SQL, T-SQL, PL/SQL, Unix
- Windows 7/XP/10 and UNIX/Linux
- Oracle 9i, 10g,11g, 12c
- TOAD, SQL *Loader
- PL/SQL Developer, SSMS, UNIX(Winscp and Putty), SQL * PLUS
- OBIEE, SSRS, PIWIK, Excel Pivot
- GITHUB, VSS, TortoiseSVN
- App Dynamics
App System Engineer
- Facilitated the SDLC reporting process by documenting analysis, design, development and unit testing.
- Worked on sequences, functions, synonyms, indexes, triggers, packages, stored procedures.
- Involved in logical & physical design of several application level tables & their relationship tables and also other database objects to maintain new applications & screens from scratch.
- Created temporary tables and developed SQL*Loader control files to load the legacy data into the temporary tables.
- Extensively used pipelined functions to execute parallel operations while working with transformation of large amounts of data.
- Extensively involved in writing SQL queries (Sub queries and Join conditions), PL/SQL programming.
- Extensively used the advanced features of PL/SQL like collections, nested table, varray & Dynamic SQL.
- Successfully completed Oracle database and SQL code tuning, performed Bulk binds & collects.
- Experience in using packages like DBMS AQ to add the required details to the queue tables.
- Worked on creating session level variables using DBMS SESSION package and capture the data during the same session using sys context function.
- Optimized and enhanced slow running queries (views, stored procedures, packages or ad hoc queries) by doing performance tuning using explain plan
- Troubleshoot performance issues and bugs within packages using dbms output and also debugging procedures in local schema.
- Worked extensively on Exception handling to error handling and tracking.
- Used PRAGMA AUTONOMUOS TRANSACTION to store required audit information to avoid any loss of information as per the business requirements.
- Extensively used PLSQL developer for database access and PL/SQL Development and SQL tuning.
- Used SVN for version control to keep track of all work and all changes made to all files.
Environment: Oracle 12c, SQL*Loader, PL/SQL, SVN, PLSQL Developer, Erwin, UNIX shell scripting, HP ALM, Clear Quest, WINSCP.
- Involved in requirement gathering, analysis, development and implementation phases of Software
- Development Life Cycle (SDLC).
- Developing packages, procedures and functions in PL/SQL that returns result set to the UI screen in the format of REF Cursors or PL/SQL tables and types.
- Creating tables, DB links and other DB objects.
- Optimizing the existing procedures to improve the performance.
- Creating user stories and defects using Rally.
- Creating test cases to test the functionality of the completed packages and procedures.
- Moving the developed DB objects to QA for testing and then to production environment.
- Performing database validations to cross check the front - end data with back end tables.
- Involved in requirement gathering, analysis, development and implementation phases of Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC).
- Connect to remote DBs to check the data quality.
- Creating tables, DB links and other DB objects to extract and store the data from different environments.
- Developing procedures and functions that can be used to transform data extracted from a different environment such as MS SQL into Oracle.
- Cross verifying the data that is available in the destination tables.
- Deduping the data to maintain the quality of data.