- Have 8+ years of experience in MS SQL Server Developer specializing in database design, development and administration of Business Intelligence Solutions using SSIS (SQL Server Integration Services), Informatica, Tableau Tools.
- Expert in Data Extraction, Transforming and Loading (ETL) using various tools such as (SSIS).
- Extensive experience in developing and deploying SSIS packages.
- Experience in creating SSIS packages using Activex scripts and with Error Handling.
- I have experience working with SSIS, SSRS, SQL Server 2000 / 2005 / 2008/2016 , Oracle 9i.
- Good understanding of ETL, Dimensional Data Modeling, Slowly Changing Dimensions (SCD) and DW.
- Experience in data warehouse development with Analysis services (SSAS) and Reporting Services (SSRS).
- Highly experienced in handling EDI Production Support.
- Strong knowledge in database design features including ER Diagrams, normalization, tables, Temporary tables, constraints, keys, data dictionaries, and data integrity.
- Worked on Scrum(Agile) and Waterfall Methodology of development
- Have excellent oral & written communication skills & solid interpersonal skills.
- Database Programming using SQL Server 2000 / 2005 / 2008 / 2016 , SQL, Stored Procedures, and Indexes.
- In Depth knowledge of analyzing the queries and procedures using query analyzer in SQL server by going through the execution plan.
- Experience with SQL Server Reporting Services (SSRS) and SQL Server Integration Services (SSIS).
- Excellent problem solving, analytical and interpersonal skills, strong team player, self - motivated, and mentor to others.
- Extensive experience in developing complex Stored Procedures, Functions, Triggers, Views, Cursors, Indexes, CTE's, Joins and Sub queries with T-SQL.
- Responsible for creating SQL datasets, multiple kinds of report.
- Experience in administering the created reports and assigning permission to the valid users.
- Experience in developing Custom Reports and different types of Tabular, Matrix, Ad hoc reports and distributed reports in multiple formats using SQL Server Reporting Services (SSRS).
- Experience in tuning the reports that includes modifying and testing the required TSQL.
- Enhancing the Reports visually by adding the visual elements like charts, graphs to SSRS reports.
- Experience in creating Jobs, Alerts, SQL Mail Agent, and scheduled DTS Packages.
BI Tools: SQL Server Business Intelligence Development - SSIS SSAS, SSRS, DTS, MS Visio, Erwin, Crystal Reports 9.0/XI, ProClarity, Performance Point Server.
RDBMS/DBMS: MS SQL SERVER 2000/05/08/12/14 , MS Access 2010, Oracle 9i/10g
Operating Systems: Windows server 2003, Windows 2000 advanced server, Windows NT/95/XP/Vista/2003/7/8/10, LINUX, UNIX
Web Technologies: XML,XSL,JAVA SCRIPT,HTML,CSS
Version Control Tools: Visual Source Safe, SVN
Application Packages: MS Office Suite, MS Outlook, Microsoft Office SharePoint Server (MOSS)
Confidential, Pasadena, CA
SQL SSIS, SSRS Developer
- Created multiple SSRS reports based on the customer requirement, deployed to Dev, UAT and Prod environments.
- Experience in optimizing SQL queries for integration with other applications.
- Designed new reports and wrote technical documentation, gathered requirements, analyzed data, developed and built SSRS reports. Configure and maintain databases for high level of performance, availability, sustainability and security.
- Develop new reports and perform maintenance of existing reports
- Monitor system’s health and performance.
- Developed parameterized reports which were used for making current and future business decisions.
- Optimizing and Performance Tuning SQL Scripts in order to make reports run smoothly and efficiently
- Work with business users and business analysts to identify information needs, and design effective reporting and information delivery.
- Build, testing and deployment of MSBI components across multiple environments.
- Research, review and analyze the effectiveness and efficiency of existing reports and develop strategies for enhancing reporting capabilities.
Environment: Microsoft SQL Server 2012/2016, SSIS, SSRS,T-SQL, MS Excel, MS SQL Server Integration Services (SSIS), MS SQL Server Analysis Services (SSAS), MS SQL Server Reporting Services (SSRS), Microsoft Visual SourceSafe.
Confidential, Boston, MA
SQL Server Developer (SSIS/SSRS)
- Used SSIS to create ETL Packages to validate, extract, transform and load data to data warehouse databases, data mart databases
- Generated packages using different Transformations like Lookups, Derived Column, Merge Join, Fuzzy Lookup, For Loop, For Each Loop, Conditional Split, Union all, Script component.
- Experience in providing Logging, Error handling by using Event Handler, and Custom Logging for SSIS Packages.
- Worked on stored procedures, functions, views in SQL server
- Used SSIS to create ETL packages to validate, extract, transform and load data to data warehouse and data marts.
- Excellent report creation skills using Microsoft Reporting Services (SSRS) with proficiency in using Report Designer as well as Report Builder.
- Developed custom reports and deployed them on server using SQL Server Reporting Services (SSRS)
- Generated periodic reports based on the statistical analysis of the data using SQL Server Reporting Services (SSRS)
- Created Drill-down, Parameterized and Sub-Reports using RDL.
- Promoted RDLs to Reporting Service Server (SSRS)
- Implemented business Intelligence dashboards using MOSS 2007 Report Center and Excel services producing different summary results based on user view and role membership.
- Created scorecards with executive summary dashboards using MS Office Performance point server 2007 Dashboard designer that display performance monitoring measures.
- Designed and developed Data-mart using SSAS.
- Build Cubes on Enterprise Data Warehouse (EDW)
- Designed packages in SSIS using concepts of lookup transformation, Flat file connections.
- Control flow task, various types error handling
- Analyzed and created Multidimensional Cubes in Facts and Dimension Tables using SSAS.
- Performed DBCC checks and fixing data corruption in Application databases.
- Scheduled Backups and performed Restore operations for system test data.
- Performing query plans and making sure each and every query is using appropriate useful Indexes
- Rebuilding Indexes and Tables as part of performance tuning exercise.
- Deployed the created SSIS packages in Development and Testing environments.
Environment: Microsoft SQL Server 2008R2 / 2012/2016, SSIS, SSRS,T-SQL, MS Excel, MS SQL Server Integration Services (SSIS), MS SQL Server Analysis Services (SSAS), MS SQL Server Reporting Services (SSRS), Microsoft Visual SourceSafe.
Confidential, Sacramento, CA
SQL Server Developer (SSIS, SSRS)
- Worked in Agile environment, created logical and physical design of database and database objects to fit new business requirement and implemented new design into SQL server.
- Created SSIS packages with Flat file, Excel connections, SQL stored procedures implementing logic, used derived column transformation for converting data types.
- Looping through the files and archiving flat files after the data load to stage tables using SSIS.
- Created numerous SSIS (ETL) packages involving Control Flow, Containers and Data Flow Tasks, Email alerts.
- Highly proficient in packages to extract, transform and load data (ETL) using SSIS, designed packages which are utilized for tasks and transformations Data Conversion.
- Experience in designing, coding, implementation of Internet/Intranet Applications using ASP.NET, ASP.NET MVC, and C #.NET, ADO.NET, LINQ, Microsoft SQL Server.
- Experience in Data Modeling, Designing and Creating Tables, Views, Stored Procedures, Triggers against MS SQL Server 2014/2012/2008/2005/2000 , T-SQL and Oracle 11g PL-SQL relational databases.
- Experience in building and consuming .NET Web Services using SOAP and REST.
- Automating the SSIS package execution, Debugging, Error Handling, SQL Stored Procedure and package performance tuning.
- Monitoring EDI systems and communications (VAN/AS2, FTP, SFTP)
- Reporting and resolving EDI errors in production and testing.
- Responsible for the implementation of new trading partners for EDI documents
- Created an EDI mapping for the 3PL and exchange transactions with 3PL providers by using EDI transactions.
- Efficiently used Data Flow Tasks such as Excel Source, Flat File Source, OLE DB Source, Data Conversion, Lookup, Aggregate, Audit, Multicast, OLE DB Command, Sort, Union All, and Copy Column, Derived Column, Cleaning bad data, Validating data using Derived Column, Row Count, Excel Destination, Flat File Destination, OLE DB Destination, Raw File Destination, SQL Server Destination, Record Set Destination of the integration services (SSIS).
- Hands-on Deploying reports, creating report schedules and subscriptions. Managing and securing reports and Proficient in MS Office includes MS Excel, creating spreadsheets, graphs and dashboard reports.
- Experience in transforming unstructured data from various data sources using SSIS like Conditional Split, Lookup, Merge Join and Sort.
- Sending Email notifications in case of failed recon execution and success execution of each recon.
- Optimized the performance of SSIS package and SQL stored Procedures for better package execution.
- Improved T-SQL queries, SQL stored procedure performance by dropping and recreating the Indexes.
- Lead offshore meetings and tracking the status by Daily.
Environment: Microsoft SQL Server 2008R2 / 2016, SSIS, SSRS, Cognos, T-SQL, .NET, MS Excel, MS Access, MS Word, SQL Profiler, Visual Studio 2008 / 2015