- Over 10 years of programming experience as an Oracle PL/SQL Developer in Analysis, Design, Data Modeling Logical and Physical, and Implementation of Business Applications using the Oracle Relational Database Management Systems.
- Extensively worked in Client - Server application development using Oracle 11g/10g/9i, SQL SERVER CE, FORMS 10g/6i, REPORTS 10g/6i, Oracle Import/Export Utilities.
- Experience in PL/SQL programming developing packages, stored procedures, triggers and functions in Oracle database.
- Extensive experience with various states of Software Development Life Cycle, including requirements gathering amp analysis, development, unit testing, QA testing, production migration, and production support.
- Extensively involved in Oracle SQL, PL/SQL tuning in OLTP and DWH applications using STATSPACK, Explain Plan, TKPROF.
- Experience with Data Modeling using ERWIN 4.0/3.5.2, SQLServer, MSAccess, SQL, PL/SQL, SQL Plus, Toad, and MS SQL Server, Query Analyzer.
- Proficient in PL/SQL programming Stored Procedures, Functions and Packages, SQL tuning, and creation of Oracle Objects Tables, Views, Materialized Views, Triggers.
- Experience of work in AGILE development environment by making customers satisfied by rapid delivery of useful software and welcoming changing requirements, even late in development. experience on SQL, NoSQL databases including Oracle and MongoDB. I also have working experience on Project Management, Scrum Framework.
- Professional experience handling very large databases OLTP application hosted on Oracle 12/11g/10g/9i/8i
- Proficient in Oracle development using various Oracle key components such as PL/SQL, Stored Procedures, Functions, Packages, DB Triggers, External Tables, Bulk Load, Ref Cursor, Partitions, Dynamic SQL and Export/Import.
- Thorough understanding of RDBMS, Entity-relationship model and Schemas.
Databases: Oracle 12c, 10g, 9i, 8i..
Operating Systems: Windows XP/ NT/2000/Windows 7, UNIX
Tools: /Utilities: SQL Plus, SQL Loader, SVN, Telerik WebUI test studio, SoapUI, QTP, CodedUI, Bugzilla, MS Office, MS Excel
Languages: SQL, PL/SQL, MYSQL, PHP, JAVA, UNIX Shell Script
Database/Development tools: TOAD, SQL Plus, SQL Loader, Work-flow, SQL Navigator. D2K Forms amp Reports Builder 6i/10g
Case Tools: Rational Rose
GUI: Oracle Pl/SQL Developer Suite, Reports 9/10
Sr. Oracle 10G (SQL, PL/SQL) Developer
- Coordinated with the frontend design team to provide them with the necessary stored procedures and packages and the necessary insight into the data.
- Worked on SQL*Loader to load data from flat files obtained from various facilities every day.
- Created and modified several UNIX shellScripts according to the changing needs of the project and client requirements.
- Wrote Unix Shell Scripts to process the files on a daily basis like renaming the file, extracting date from the file, unzipping the file and remove the junk characters from the file before loading them into the base tables.
- Involved in the continuous enhancements and fixing of production problems.
- Generated server side PL/SQL scripts for data manipulation and validation and materialized views for remote instances.
- Developed PL/SQL triggers and master tables for automatic creation of primary keys.
- Created PL/SQL stored procedures, functionsandpackages for moving the data from staging area to data mart.
- Created scripts to create new tables, views, queries for new enhancement in the application using TOAD.
- Created indexes on the tables for faster retrieval of the data to enhance database performance.
- Involved in data loading using PL/SQL and SQL*Loader calling UNIX scripts to download and manipulate files.
- Performed SQL and PL/SQL tuning and Application tuning using various tools like EXPLAIN PLAN, SQL*TRACE, TKPROF and AUTOTRACE.
- Extensively involved in using hints to direct the optimizer to choose an optimum query execution plan.
- Used Bulk Collections for better performance and easy retrieval of data, by reducing context switching between SQL and PL/SQL engines.
- Created PL/SQL scripts to extract the data from the operational database into simple flat text files using UTL FILE package.
- Creation of database objects like tables, views, materialized views, procedures and packages using oracle tools like Toad, PL/SQL Developer and SQL* plus.
- Partitioned the fact tables and materialized views to enhance the performance.
- Extensively used bulk collection in PL/SQL objects for improving the performing.
- Created records, tables, collections (nested tables and arrays) for improving Query performance by reducing context switching.
- Used Pragma Autonomous Transaction to avoid mutating problem in database trigger.
- Extensively used the advanced features of PL/SQL like Records, Tables, Object types and Dynamic SQL.
- Handled errors using Exception Handling extensively for the ease of debugging and displaying the error messages in the application.
Environment: Oracle 11g, SQL * Plus, TOAD, SQL*Loader, SQL Developer, Shell Scripts, UNIX, Windows XP
Oracle PL/SQL Developer
- Developed Advance PL/SQLpackages, procedures, triggers, functions, Indexes and Collections to implement business logic using SQLNavigator. Generated server side PL/SQLscripts for data manipulation and validation and materialized views for remote instances.
- Created management analysis reporting using ParallelQueries, Javastoredprocedure, HTPPackage and WEB.SHOW DOCUMENT. Participated in change and code reviews to understand the testing needs of the change components. Worked on troubleshooting defects in timely manner.
- Involved in creating UNIXshellScripting. Defragmentation of tables, partitioning, compressing and indexes for improved performance and efficiency. Involved in table redesigning with implementation of Partitions Table and Partition Indexes to make Database Faster and easier to maintain.
- Experience in Database ApplicationDevelopment, Query Optimization, Performance Tuning and DBA solutions and implementation experience in complete SystemDevelopmentLifeCycle.
- Used SQL Server SSIStool to build high performance data integration solutions including extraction, transformation and load packages for datawarehousing. Extracted data from the XML file and loaded it into the database.
- Designed and developed Oracle forms & reports generating up to 60 reports.
- Performed modifications on existing form as per change request and maintained it.
- Used Crystal Reports to track logins, mouse overs, click-through, session durations and demographical comparisons with SQL database of customer information.
- Worked on SQL*Loader to load data from flat files obtained from various facilities every day. Used standard packages like UTL FILE, DMBS SQL, and PL/SQL Collections and used BULK Binding involved in writing database procedures, functions and packages for Front End Module.
- Used principles of Normalization to improve the performance. Involved in ETL code using PL/SQL in order to meet requirements for Extract, transformation, cleansing and loading of data from source to target datastructures.
- Involved in the continuous enhancements and fixing of production problems. Designed, implemented, and tuned interfaces and batch jobs using PL/SQL. Involved in data replication and high availability design scenarios with Oracle Streams. Developed UNIX Shellscripts to automate repetitive database processes.
Environment: VB 6, JAVA, Oracle 10g/11g, PL/SQL, SQL*LOADER, Oracle Streams 10g (Replication), SQL PLUS, HTML, SQL Server SSIS, TOAD, XML, HP-UNIX shell scripting
- Used Oracle JDeveloper to support JA Built complex queries using SQL and wrote stored procedures using PL/SQL in Various API’s like Java, .Net and Hierarchical databases like Oracle and Access.
- Developed and modified a number of Forms and for various modules. Also responsible for following up bugs reported by various users and suggesting possible patches to be applied.
- Wrote Shell Scripts for Data loading and DDL Scripts.
- Worked in Production Support Environment as well as QA/TEST environments for projects, work orders, maintenance requests, bug fixes, enhancements, data changes, etc.
- Used Oracle JDeveloper to support JAVA, JSP and HTML codes used in modules.
- Wrote conversion scripts using SQL, PL/SQL, stored procedures, functions and packages to migrate data from SQL server database to Oracle database.
- Performed Database Administration of all database objects including tables, clusters, indexes, views, sequences packages and procedures.
- Implemented 11g and upgraded the existing database from Oracle 9i to Oracle 10g.
- Involved in Logical & Physical Database Layout Design.
- Set-up and Design of Backup and Recovery Strategy for various databases.
- Performance tuning of Oracle Databases and User applications.
- Used SQL*Loader as an ETL tool to load data into the staging tables.
- Used DTS Packages as ETL tool for migrating Data from SQL Server 2000 to Oracle 10g.
- Provided user training and production support.
- Improved the performance of the application by rewriting the SQL queries.
- Wrote packages to fetch complex data from different tables in remote databases using joins, sub queries and database links.
Environment: VB 6, Oracle 9i/ SQL, PL/SQL, Forms 9i, Reports 9i, SQL*Loader, SQL Navigator, Crystal Reports, TOAD.