- 7+ years of professional experience as SQL BI Developer architecting, developing, deploying, and managing global enterprise business intelligence solutions in Financial, Insurance, Banking and Retail domains.
- Experience with the full life cycle of Software Development ( Planning, Analysis Design, Deployment, Testing, Integration and Support).
- Experience in Installing, configuring, maintaining and supporting SQL server in different environments.
- Experience in BI solutions using SSRS, SSIS, SSAS, Power BI, T - SQL and Normalization Techniques, Data modeling, Database Design, Programming for various business applications and Business Process initiatives.
- Facilitate Business User and Technical Teams for business requirement gathering and planning sessions, understand and transform them into technical requirement for ETL.
- Create and manage all business intelligence site content, reports, dashboards, business metrics, analytics, forms, graph, workflows, libraries, data sources, and security.
- Experienced in dealing with different data sources ranging from flat files, Excel, Oracle, Teradata and SQL server.
- Experience in writing Multidimensional Expression (MDX) queries to extract data from cubes
- Experienced in creating and using Stored Procedures, Views, User Defined Functions .
- Experienced in creating Sub-Queries and Joins for complex queries involving multiple tables and Exception Handlers.
- Facilitated for daily scrum (agile) meetings for our team also organized sprint planning, sprint retrospective, and sprint demo .
- Experienced in Functionality Testing, System Testing, User Acceptance Testing (UAT) in different projects.
- Experienced in reviewing Test Plans, Test Scripts, Test Requirements, Test Cases, Test Reports, and using defect tracking tool to address bugs/issues as required by the project.
- Experience working in Agile and Waterfall model working methodologies.
- Excellent experience in written and verbal communications skills, ability to interface with all levels of the organization, specific strength in data and business requirement managing.
Databases: MS-SQL Server, MS Access, Teradata, Oracle, TOAD.
Reporting Tools: Crystal reports, SSRS, Micro Strategy, Power BI, Tableau.
ETL tools: DataStage, SQL Server Integration Services (SSIS), Microsoft SSMS, Oracle Data Integrator (ODI), Data Transformation Services (DTS), Clover ETL, Informatica-Power Centre.
Project Management: JIRA, Version One, Team Foundation Server, SharePoint.
Languages: C, C++, .Net, Java, HTML, MDX, XML, PL/SQL, T-SQL.
Operating System: Window, UNIX, Linux.
Methodologies: Waterfall, Agile-Scrum.
Testing Tools: UFT, Selenium.
Other Tools: Blueprint, MS -Office, MS-Visio.
Confidential, Atlanta, GA
SQL BI Developer
- Manage all phases of business intelligence projects from conceptual design to implementation and training
- Performing business data analysis including transactional and reference data (accounts, Legal Entity, Currency, Health Services, End User).
- Developing new code and modifying the existing complex code to extract the data from various data sources like ORACLE and SQL Server.
- Creating Reports Using SSRS for analysis and managing healthcare service processing.
- Develop ad-hoc reports, analysis and manipulating spreadsheets, databases, data and web analytical tools.
- Created several SSIS packages for performing ETL operations to transform data from a cube using MDX.
- Determining SQL Server Installation . Installing SQL Server Management tools using SQL Server Setup Program. writing SQL Queries for pulling large volume of records from claims database using stored procedures, and Extraction Transformation and Loading ETL process using SSIS.
- Good experience in creating pivot tables and charts in Excel using data sources (SQL Server, SSAS cubes, Access) and power pivot.
- Extracting and integrating data from multiple databases/system sources to support status reporting and analytical efforts elated to management, services, execution, planning, solving and tracking.
- Expertise in applying correct filters/slicers on the Power BI report based on business need.
- Create SSIS packages to extract, transfer and load data into the data warehouse on a daily basis.
- Working on in using different transformations like data Conversions, lookups, derived column transformations, for data cleansing to remove unnecessary columns, eliminate redundant, inconsistent data and unnecessary Datalike removing empty rows using SSIS.
- Working with insurance, hospital and professional claims data processing and EHR implementations.
- Involved in the SSAS storage and Partitions, and Aggregations, calculation of queries with MDX, Data Mining Models, developing Reports using MDX and SQL.
- Created landing tables, stage tables and base objects in MDM and ran batch jobs which load data into base objects.
- Using excel sheet, flat files, CSV files to generated Tableau adhoc reports .
- Demonstrated problem solving skills and ability to develop solutions to complex analytical/data-driven problems.
- Created Test Plan and Test Case Templates for testing the entire application using JIRA .
- Excellent communication skills both written and verbal, including ability to communicate across all levels Stay abreast of current trends and best practices in marketing analysis and tools/techniques.
Environment: SQL Server 2017/2019, Asp.Net, MDX, Excel, Oracle, Tableau, Windows, SSRS, SSIS, MS Project, MS Visio, JIRA, TFS, SharePoint 2007.
SQL BI Developer
- Involved in requirement gathering and providing solutions to generate state files.
- Designed and developed Use Case Diagrams, Activity Diagrams, and Data Flow Diagrams to define the Business Process, analyzed the data entity relationships.
- Participated in all phases of data mining (data collection, data cleaning, developing models, validation, visualization) and performed Gap analysis.
- Served as a liaison between the development & business requirements teams and between development and QA teams
- Extensively used Repositories like Team Foundation Server (TFS) to sync up with application team databases
- Provide analyses of loan account data related to payment services, loan costs, payment type, payment coverage, and access to account variety of sources.
- Migrated database to AWS cloud infrastructure .
- Worked with SSAS storage and partitions, and Aggregations, calculation of queries with MDX, Data Mining Models.
- Written SQL Queries to pull large volume of records from service and restricted account database using stored procedures, and Extraction Transformation and Loading ETL process using SSIS.
- Evaluating data file submissions and developing/maintaining SSIS packages for ETL processes.
- Migrated Existing self service reports and adhoc reports to Power BI .
- Handled Online Transactional systems for performing different disbursement automated activities.
- Creating several Complex Reports (sub reports, graphical, multiple groupings, drilldowns, parameter driven, formulas, summarized and conditional formatting) using SSRS.
- Facilitated for unit testing and creating design documents and uploading it to share point server.
Environment: JAVA, SQL Server 2017/2019, Windows, SSIS, MDM, AWS, SSRS, SSMS, TFS,Power BI, SharePoint, MS Project, MS Visio, JIRA, Excel and SharePoint 2007 .
SQL BI Developer
- Gather data warehouse and report requirements from business users and translate into technical design and development tasks.
- Involved in Knowledge transfer sessions with the design and development team to translate the application requirements to the technical team.
- Design and Development the data model extension with respect to the given subject areas in the Teradata Financial services logical data model.
- Data manipulation and Aggregation from a different source using BusinessObjects, Power BI, and SmartView .
- Handled importing data from various data sources, performed transformations using Map Reduce, and loaded data into local.
- Written SQL queries to validate data movement between different layers in data warehouse environment.
- Run in-house query weekly and monthly basis and writing ad hoc queries and updating in-house queries to align new business requirements.
- Actively contributed and engaged the team throughout the scrum/agile process in daily stand-ups, product backlog refinements, Sprint planning, Sprint review and Sprint retrospective sessions .
- Generate, Analyze and Created internal reports to help assess product and category data performance.
- Collaborated with multiple cross-functional teams and communicated with Businesspeople from various LOB’s.
- Involving users actively in User Acceptance Tests (UAT) between development team and the end users from the business team.
Environment: Asp.Net, Excel, Oracle, Windows, MS Project, MS Visio, Power BI, JIRA, Version One, SharePoint 2007, SQL, SQL Server 2012/2014.
SQL BI Developer
- Created SQL queries used to audit financial source table against reporting destination table using Microsoft BI Tools.
- Developed SQL queries to summarize stock market data generated from trading activities.
- Conducted Functional Walkthroughs and supervised the development of User documents .
- Perform marketing campaign and investment analysis for all Online advertising, and website related activities.
- Performed data analysis for the purpose of overhauling the database using SQL Server .
- Developed extraction, transformation and loading (ETL) programs for Data Warehousing or Business Intelligence applications using Informatica MDM .
- Worked with data investigation, discovery and mapping tools to scan every single data record from many sources.
- Created stored procedures used in creating new end-user reports using tableau .
- Adjusted insurance claims and involved policy interpretation, coverage identification, exposure analysis and related claims processing procedure/systems .
- Gathered and analyzed business requirements from non-technical users and translated into detailed functional requirements that met business needs. Designed, tested, and refined operations databases
- Organized Product backlog refinement, Sprint planning, Sprint reviews and Sprint retrospective.
- Provided back-end support for functional testing and performance testing.
Environment: Asp.Net, Excel, Oracle, Windows, MS Project, MS Visio, Tableau, JIRA, SharePoint 2007, SQL Server 2012/2014.