- A round 6 years of IT experience in Database Design, Development, Implementation and Support using various Microsoft technologies in both OLTP and data warehousing environment
- Experience with various domain like financial, insurance, communication and energy
- Expertise in SQL Server and T - SQL(DDL,DML, and DCL) in constructing Tables, Joins, Indexes, Views, Complex Stored Procedures, Triggers and useful function to facilitate efficient data manipulation and consist data storage according to the business rules.
- Strong technical knowledge in SQL Server BI suite (ETL, Reporting, Analytics, Dashboards) using DTS/SSIS, SSAS, SSRS, PPS, SharePoint and various 3rd party tools.
- Strong experience in system and Data modeling, Database design, Data Analysis, data pipelines, data warehouses, Data Profiling, Data Modeling, Data Migration, Data Quality, Data Governance, Data Integration and Metadata Management services and configuration management
- Expert in creating, debugging, configuring and deploying ETL(Extract, Transform, Load) packages designed in Data Transformation Services (DTS) and MS SQL Server Integration Services (SSIS).
- Strong knowledge and experience in error handling of SSIS packages using transactions, check points (package restart ability features), break points and error logging procedures. Experience in providing Logging, Error handling by using Event Handler, and Custom Logging for SSIS Packages.
- Expert in report writing using SQL Server Reporting Services (SSRS) and creating various types of reports like Ad-Hoc, Drill down, Drill Through, Parameterized, Matrix, Chart, Cascading, Table and sub reports.
- Experienced in using R Programming, and Power BI, Tableau for data cleaning, data visualization, risk analysis and predictive analytics.
- Experience in creating OLAP Data marts using SQL Server Analysis Server (SSAS).
- Experience in developing cubes using Partitions, KPI’s, and Perspectives, slow changing dimensions.
- Experience deploying database objects (T-SQL scripts, stored procedures, SSIS, SSRS, and SSAS) from Development server to QA and Production.
- Experience in business data analytics with large data sets of structured and unstructured data, data acquisition, data validation, predictive modeling, data visualization.
- Hands on experience in Package Migration from DTS Packages to Integration Services.
- Expert at full SDLC Processes involving requirements gathering, source data analysis, creating data models, and source to target data mapping, performance tuning for data models.
- Proficient in managing entire Data Science Project life Cycle and activity involved in all the phases of project life cycle including Data Acquisition, Data Cleaning, Statistical Modeling and Data Visualization.
- Experience in agile methodology
- Responsible for creating Requirements Documentation for various projects.
- Strong analytical skills, proven ability to work well in a multi-disciplined team environment and learning new tools and processes with ease.
- Ability to meet deadlines, and produce effective results, while working both independently and with teams
Languages: SQL,PL/SQL, C#, Java, R, VB.Net, Java Script, HTML, NoSQL, Python, MS Access, Shell Scripting
Operating Systems: Windows Server 2003, 2007, 2010, 2013, Windows 8/NT/XP/Professional, MS-DOS
Databases: MS SQL Server 2005/2008R2/2012,2016, Oracle 11g
Reporting Tools: Excel, SQL Server Reporting Services(SSRS), Power BI, Informatica, Tableau
ETL Tools: SSIS 2005, 2008,2012,2016 Informatica, NoSql, RapidSQL,Hadoop, Spark, Hive, JIRA
Tools: SQL*Plus, SQL*Loader, ERWIN, MS Office Suite, MS Visio, Visual Studio, IntelliJGUI: Visual Studio, BIDS, Oracle Developer 2000.
Other Skills: Database Systems, Data Management, Data Warehousing, Big Data Analytics, Data Mining, System Engineering Methods, Data Visualization, Machine Learning
Miscellaneous: MS Office Suite, Photoshop, Flash
Confidential, Columbus, OH
ETL developer/MSBI Developer
- Capture and analyze business requirements and create technical specifications
- Involved in creating, maintaining different SQL Server Objects such as Tables, stored Procedures, Functions, Views, indexes, CTE’s, Triggers etc. according to the Requirements.
- Involved in optimization of queries, improving the performance by using various approaches from execution plans, Index optimization, data purging, DMV’s and DMF’s.
- Experience in Data Extraction, Transforming and Loading (ETL) between Homogenous and Heterogeneous System using SQL tools (SSIS, DTS, Bulk Insert and BCP). Involved in various Transformation and data cleansing activities using various Control flow and data flow tasks in SSIS packages during data migration.
- Experience in designing Enterprise reports using SQL Server Reporting Services (SSRS 2008R2,2016) and Excel Pivot tables based on OLAP cubes which make use of multiple value selection in parameters pick list, cascading prompts, drill through reports, drilldown reports, matrix dynamics reports and other features of reporting service.
- Created Linked reports, Ad-hoc reports etc. based on the requirement. Linked reports are created in the Report Server to reduce the repetition the reports.
- Develop integration solutions as to the data fitting into the large data strategy within the organization
- Develop ETL processes for data warehousing, integration and analytics
- Develop power BI reports/dashboards as needed to monitor and triage production issues
- Utilize expertise in data warehouse and data mart development
- Design and develop ETL programs and stored procedures for Data Warehousing using tools such as SSIS
- Designed the product after analyzing the requirements
- Developed OLAP cubes using SSAS (SQL Server Analysis Services) and calculate the metrics that were revealed in the functional analysis.
- Ensure deployed ETL package is running, conforms to specifications and design guidelines
- Create queries to provide ad-hoc reports, analysis, and datasets based on business needs.
- Perform root cause analysis and resolve all production data issues
- Troubleshoot data issues, validate result sets, recommend and implement process improvements. Maintain an ongoing knowledge of both the technical data model and the business' strategic needs.
- Adhere and contribute to standards of development, testing, and deployment already in place.
- Perform requirements gathering, analysis, design, development, change management, and deployment
Environment: MS SQL Server 2008 R2, 2012, 2016, SQL Server Reporting Services (SSRS) 2008/2012, 2016, SQL Server Integration Services (SSIS) 2012/2008/2005 , SQL Server Analysis Services (SSAS) 2005/2008, Power BI, Crystal Reports, SQL Profiler, PL/SQL
Confidential, Dallas, TX
MS BI Developer (SSIS, SSRS, SSAS, T-SQL)
- Worked with various departments in interfacing various systems and processes for Data extractions, ETL, Analytics and reporting needs.
- Created and managed schema objects such as tables, views, indexes, stored procedure, and triggers
- Responsible for Data mapping document from Staging/Data warehouse/Report-Datamart. Developed various T-SQL stored procedures, triggers, views, and adding/changing tables for data extraction, data load and transformations.
- Creating packages to Extract, Transform and Load data using SQL Server Integration Services (SSIS) into local databases to facilitate reporting operations.
- Performing Data source investigation, developed source to destination mappings and data cleansing while loading the data into staging/ODS regions
- Involved in various Transformation and data cleansing activities using various Control flow and data flow tasks in SSIS packages during data migration.
- Loading the Fact and Dimension tables. Extensively involved in SSAS storage and partitions, and aggregations, calculation of queries with MDX, Data Mining Models, developing reports using MDX and SQL.
- Develop power BI reports/ dashboards as needed to monitor and triage production issues
- Involved in Data Analysis, Data Validation, Data Modeling, Data Profiling, Data Verification, Data Mapping, Data Loading, and Data Warehousing/ETL testing.
- Involve in project cycle plan for the data warehouse, source data analysis, data extraction process, transformation and ETL loading strategy designing.
- Developed SSIS packages using Lookup Transformations, Merge Joins, Union all Fuzzy Look Ups, and Derived Columns with Multiple Data Flow tasks
- Developed SSIS package to load data into dimensions and fact tables using slowly changing dimension
- Developing OLAP cubes by identifying tables (fact and dimension), Data Source and Data Source Views, attributes and dimension members using SQL Server Analysis Services (SSAS).
- Loading the Fact and Dimension tables. Extensively involved in SSAS storage and partitions, and aggregations, calculation of queries with MDX, Data Mining Models, developing reports using MDX and SQL
- Querying, creating stored procedures and writing complex queries and T-SQL Joins to address various reporting operations and random data requests.
- Designed, developed and deployed reports and ad-hoc reports in MS SQL Server environment using SSRS
- Used SSRS to design, test and deploy reports based on user requirements
- Created numerous types of reports including snapshot reports, cache reports, sub reports, drill down reports, and drill through reports.
- Performance tuned SSRS to speed up reports browsing experience
- Involved in User communication for requirement gathering and Change control and code control policies and procedures.
Environment: MS SQL Server 2008 R2,2012,SQL Server Reporting Services (SSRS) 2008/2012, SQL Server Integration Services (SSIS) 2012/2008/2005 , SQL Server Analysis Services (SSAS) 2005/2008, MS Project, MS Access 2003/2007, Visual Source Safe 2012, Erwin 4.0, MS Excel 2010, Microsoft Office SharePoint Server (MOSS) 2007, Performance Point Server 2007, Microsoft.NET (Asp .NET, C# .Net), Toad, Oracle 11g, Crystal Reports, Visual studio 2008, SQL Profiler, PL/SQL.
Confidential, WASHINGTON DC
SQL BI Developer
- Developed various T-SQL stored procedures, triggers, views, and adding/changing tables for data extraction, data load and transformations. Created various database objects such as tables, indexes and views based on the requirement.
- Created ETL packages with different data sources (SQL Server, Flat Files, Excel source files, XML files etc.) and then loaded the data into destination tables by performing different kinds of transformations using SSIS/DTS packages.
- Validated change requests and made appropriate recommendations.
- Data modeling for the OLTP and OLAP applications
- Created SSIS ETL packages for incoming and outgoing files loading
- Modified database structures as directed by developers for test/develop environments and assist with coding, design and performance tuning.
- Performance Verification and tuning each stored procedure and report queries
- Created multi parametrized SSRS reports and SSRS Framework
- Provided back-end support for functional testing and performance testing.
- Modified SSIS packages to accomplish critical business logic.
- Developed Multi-dimensional Objects (Cubes, Dimensions) using SSAS.
- Scheduled reports for the end users and Customers to view.
- Generated reports that can handle dynamic grouping and dynamic sorting
- Used SQL Server Profiler to tune the performance of the stored procedures and functions for enhancing report performance.
- Responsible for maintaining the accuracy and quality of the data.
Environment: SQL Server 2005/2008R2 Enterprise Edition, SQL Server Business Intelligence Development Studio (SSAS, SSIS, SSRS), .Net framework, Microsoft Office Share Point Server, XML, T-SQL, MS Access, Excel, Visual Source Safe (VSS), Windows XP, Crystal Reports.