- 6+ years of IT experience in all phase of Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC) involving System Requirements, Analysis, Design, Development, Implementation, Integration, Testing, Deployment and Maintenance.
- Proficient as SQL developer and involved in database design, development and administration with Microsoft SQL Server 2017/2016/2014/2012 using SQL Server Integration Service (SSIS), SQL Server Analysis Service (SSAS), SQL Server Reporting Service (SSRS) in Healthcare, Finance, and Banking domains.
- Created, Built and deployed successfully dynamic SSIS packages into SQL Server 2017/2016/2014 /2012 databases and scheduled them as per requirements.
- Efficient in up - gradation and migration from MS SQL Server 2012 to MS SQL Server 2016
- Expert in Data Extraction, Transformation and Loading (ETL) using SQL Server Integration Services (SSIS), Data Transformation Services (DTS), Bulk Copy Program (BCP)
- Proficient in Logical and Physical database design & development (using Erwin, normalization, dimension modeling, Data Modeling, and SQL Server Enterprise manager).
- Experience in creating and deploying SSIS (ETL process) packages using various Transformations such as Slowly Changing Dimension, Multicast, Merge Join, Lookup, Fuzzy Lookup, Conditional Split, Aggregate, Derived Column and Data Conversion Transformations
- Experienced in Importing/Exporting Data from various data sources like Excel, and Flat file using DTS, ETL tools and SSIS services.
- Experience in developing Custom Report, different types of Tabular Reports, Matrix Reports, Ad hoc reports and distributed reports in multiple formats using SQL Server Reporting Services (SSRS) in Business intelligence development studio (BIDS).
- Extensive experience in creating enterprise reports using SSRS 2012 using Report Manager, Report Builder, and BIDS
- Scheduled reports for Daily, Weekly, Monthly reports on information for various categories and regions based on business needs using Reporting services (SSRS).
- Developed complex Stored Procedures and views to generate various Drill-through, Drill through reports, parameterized reports and linked reports using SSRS.
- Experienced in writing Parameterized queries for generating Tabular reports, Formatting report layout, sub reports using Global Variables, Expressions, Functions, Sorting the data, defining data source and subtotals for the reports using SSRS 2008R2/2012.
- Excellent knowledge in designing and developing Data Warehouses, Data marts and Business Intelligence using multi-dimensional models for developing SSAS Cubes using MDX
- Implemented Data Modeling and deploying with STAR and SNOWFLAKE techniques using Erwin in Data Mart.
- Extensive Knowledge in SSAS storage, partitions and Aggregations, calculation of queries with MDX, Data Mining Models, developing reports using MDX and SQL.
- Good Knowledge in Analyzing, designing, building &, testing of OLAP cubes and in adding calculations using MDX.
- Proficient in Creating SQL Server Analysis Services SSAS representing aggregations in several different ways - hierarchically and using custom groupings that the company will use to analyze performance.
- Experience with Data Marts, Data warehousing, OLAP, Star Schema Modeling, Snow-Flake Modeling, facts, dimensions, partitions, Tables using MS Analysis Services 2012.
- Expertise in SQL Server Analysis Services (SSAS) to deliver online analytical processing (OLAP) and data mining functionality for business intelligence applications.
- Highly proficient in the use of T-SQL for developing complex stored procedures, triggers, tables, user functions, user profiles, relational database models, data integrity, SQL joins and query writing.
- Extensive knowledge and experience in dealing with Relational Database Management Systems including Normalization, Stored Procedures, Constraints, Querying, Joins, Keys, Indexes, Data Import/Export, Triggers and Cursors.
- Evaluated database performance and performed maintenance duties such as Tuning, Backup, Restoration and Disaster Recovery.
- Experienced in relational database design, SQL queries, Stored procedures, Functions, clustered, non-clustered indexes and indexed, views, Performance tuning.
- Very much comfortable in analyzing, debugging, troubleshooting and solving problems in application.
- Highly motivated and a self-starter with effective communication and organizational skills, combined with attention to detail and business process improvements.
- Committed to excellence, highly self-motivated, self-motivator, fast-learner, team player, ability to deal with people diplomatically and a prudent developer with analytical and strong problem-solving skills with excellent communication.
Languages: Transact SQL, PL/SQL, XML, C, Visual Basic 6.0, Java, Java Script, and HTML.
Databases: SQL Server 2016/ 2014/2012/2008 R2, MS Access, Oracle 9i, Oracle 10g, 11g, MySQL, DB2
Analysis/Reporting Tools: SQL Server Reporting Service (SSRS), SQL Server Analysis Service (SSAS), Crystal Reports
ETL Tools: DTS, SSIS, Business Intelligence Development Studio (BIDS)
Data Modeling Tools: Erwin, Microsoft Visio
Database Tools: SQL Query Analyzer, SQL Enterprise Manager, SQL Server Management Studio (SSMS), SQL Server Query Editor, Solution Explorer, Analysis Manager, Reporting Server, SQL developer, SQL Profiler, Query Analyzer, SQL Server data tools (SSDT).
Operating Systems: Windows NT/2000/XP Pro/Vista, Windows Server 2003/2008, Linux, Unix
Version Control/Utilities: CVS, SVN and GIT Hub 2.12.0, JIRA, Citrix
Confidential, Rockville, MD
Sr. SQL/SSIS Developer
- Design and develop ETL process to integrate data among business systems and Data warehouses in Oracle and MS SQL Server.
- Develop physical data models using ERWIN and created DDL scripts for database schema and objects.
- Maintain and develop system integrations among enterprise front and back end applications (ERP, CRM, EDI, Demand Planning, Manufacturing Control Systems)
- Modify SSAS cubes in order to resolve production issues or as per requirements by the business.
- Extracted data from data sources Oracle, CSV files, text files, SQL-Server and applied required transformations to clean the data.
- Work directly with the business users in order to gather requirements and understand their usage of the data in depth.
- Work with VB script in SSIS packages in order to ensure the data flow according to the business requirements.
- Involved in Unit testing, User Acceptance testing to check whether the data is loading into target, which was extracted from different source systems according to the user requirements.
- Worked with SQL Profiler for troubleshooting, monitoring and optimization of SQL Server and T-SQL code.
- Check daily jobs and verify databases in order to ensure the correct flow of data from different systems like IFS (Industrial and Financial Systems) which is a Oracle Financial ERP system for Silgan, WMS (Warehouse Management system), Pivotal system which holds retail and distributor data.
- Involved in daily batch loads (Full & Incremental) into Staging and ODS areas, troubleshooting process, issues and errors using SQL Server Integration Services (SSIS) 2014.
- Design, code and test and trouble shoot business reporting for end users in Business objects Crystal Reports, SSRS and Tableau.
- Created extracts, published data sources to tableau server, refreshed extract in Tableau server from Tableau Desktop.
- Created Dashboards with interactive views, trends and drill downs.
- Published Workbooks and Dashboards to the Tableau server.
- Developed Flowcharts with Visio/VBA/Excel/SQL, which was used in storing Flowchart elements.
Environment: SQL Server 2016, SQL Server 2012, DTS, SQL Server Business Intelligence Development Studio 2008R2, Microsoft Visual Studio 2008, MS Excel, MS Access, Windows Server 2008, Crystal Reports 10.0, Tableau, Oracle 10g, Power BI.
Confidential, Dayton, OH
Sr. SQL Developer
- Worked with Technical Architects and Database analysts for the Design of tables for efficient Report Design.
- Developed the SQL Server Integration Services (SSIS) packages to transform data as well as created interface stored procedures used in SSIS to load/transform data to the database.
- Created SSIS packages to Oracle and other SQL Server instances in SSIS 2012/2014.
- Created database maintenance plans and deleting of history data using SSIS packages.
- Deployed SSIS packages and Reports to Production Servers.
- Extracting the data from the different sources (CSV files, oracle, and MS SQL 2000) and stored the data into the intermediate Staging Database using the SSIS ETL tool.
- Transform the data from the staging database and perform the transformation using the Data Flow Tasks.
- Designed the functional and technical documents, report templates and reporting standards for the developers to work on the report development.
- Experience in developing reports using SSRS 2014 and SSRS 2012.
- Performed the task of data transfer from files in remote server to folders in another server using FTP.
- Generated reports from the cubes by connecting to Analysis server from SSRS.
- Developed various reports using SSRS, which included writing complex stored procedures for datasets.
- Involved in Report Authoring, Report Delivery (using both Pull and Push strategy) and Report Management for various types of reports.
- Prepared the reports for the day-to-day as well as weekly/monthly purposes in various formats like MS Excel, PDF, HTML, and XML etc.
- Scheduled the Reports to run on daily and weekly basis in Report Manager and email them to director and analysts to review in Excel Sheet.
- Created cubes, dimensions and measures and calculated measures as per business requirements.
- Created several SSIS packages for performing ETL operations to transform data from a cube using MDX.
- Worked in creating hierarchies for dimensional tables like date dimensions and region dimension tables. Browsing the cube for analysis and validation of the data. Processing the cubes and dimensions using the SSIS tasks.
- Built cubes for production application, Partitioned Cubes to decrease the processing time and increase the performance of the queries running on front end application using SSAS 2012/2014.
- Extensively involved in the SSAS storage and partitions, and Aggregations, calculation of queries with MDX, Data Mining Models, developing reports using MDX and SQL.
- Responsible for logical and physical data modeling, database design, star schema, data analysis, programming, documentation and implementation.
- Experience in Developing and Extending OLAP Cubes, Dimensions and data source view.
- Worked on T-SQL programming, stored procedures, user-defined functions, cursors, views setup and management of linked servers to Non-SQL-Server databases.
- Created complex SQL stored procedures using Microsoft SQL Server 2012/2014.
- Developed complex stored procedure using T-SQL to generate Ad hoc reports using SSRS.
- Build database queries and test cases for the testing team to test the reports.
Environment: SQL Server 2014/2012/2008 , Business Intelligence Studio (SSAS, SSIS, SSRS), T-SQL, Erwin, MDX, Oracle 10g, MS Excel.
Confidential, Wayne, NJ
SQL Server /SSRS/SSIS/SSAS Developer
- Collected business requirements from analyst and translated them as technical specifications, designed database and documents for development.
- Worked closely in developing the detail design document and presenting to the client and implementing their feedback on a weekly basis.
- Hands on experience in installing, configuring, managing and monitoring SQL Server 2000 to 2014 Servers. Involving in new SQL Server builds on Cluster servers along with the pre-and post-steps and patching on standalone servers.
- Data migration (Import & Export using BCP) from text to SQL Server 2008/2012/2014.
- Backup and Restoration.
- MS SQL Server installation, configuration, performance tuning, client/server connectivity configuration, query optimization, back-up/recovery and database consistency checks using DBCC.
- Worked on High Availability technologies log-shipping, failover clustering management, database mirroring.
- Designed ETL packages dealing with different data sources (SQL Server, Flat Files, and XMLs etc.) and reloaded the data into target data sources by performing different kinds of transformations like Conditional Split, Derived Column, Data Conversion, Look Up, and Merge Join as required using SQL Server Integration Services (SSIS).
- Deployed SSIS packages with a simple one-click deployment to the integration server.
- Used ETL to implement the Slowly Changing Transformation, to maintain Historical Data in Data warehouse.
- Design and develop reports using SQL Server Reporting Services (SSRS) and Crystal Reports.
- Generating ad-hoc reports using MS-Excel and Crystal Reports.
- BI reporting using Excel with Power Pivot.
- Generated multiple Enterprise reports (SSRS/Crystal/Impromptu) from SQL Server Database (OLTP) and SQL Server Analysis Services Database (OLAP) and included various reporting features such as group by, drilldowns, drill through, sub-reports, Parameterized Reports.
- Generated parameterized queries in SSRS 2008/2012/2014 using data from SSAS Cubes and various heterogeneous data sources.
- Created the SQL server users and file server users with required permissions by including them in the scripts. Created Cross-Tab reports, Summary reports by using SSRS and designed reports using Crystal Reports.
- Implemented the SQL agent jobs creation while deploying the database instance itself by adding them on to the post deployment scripts.
- Experience in Report Builder in SSRS 2008 and 2012.
- Optimized the SSAS tabular model process speed by properly designing data models and optimizing DAX calculations.
- Created Data Source and Dataset using OLAP Cube to create Tabular and Matrix reports as per user requirements.
- Developed Cubes using SQL Analysis Services (SSAS) and Experience in Developing and Extending OLAP Cubes, Dimensions, and data source view.
- Created complex expressions using the MDX scripting to solve complex designs.
- Created SSIS packages and scheduled the jobs to run automatically to process the cube, load data.
- Interacted with Business Analysts and Users in requirement gathering, built complex queries using SQL and wrote stored procedures using PL/SQL.
- Create SQL, PL/SQL Packages, Procedures, Functions and views as per the requirement.
- Created Stored Procedures, Triggers, Indexes, User defined Functions, Constraints on various database objects to obtain the required results.
- Prepared Documentation for the Stored Procedures consuming the greatest amount of CPU resources, taking the longest time to run and which performs the most physical and logical I/O operations using Dynamic Management Views and Functions.
Environment: SQL Server 2014/2012, Oracle 10g, SSIS ( 2014/2012/2008 ), SSRS ( 2014/2012/2008 ), SSAS 2014,2012/2008, Visual Studio 2010/2013, PL/SQL, MS Excel 2010, (Framework Manager, Report Studio, Query Studio, Analysis Studio, Connection).