- Over 8+years of extensive IT Professional experience with expertise in Data Modeling, Cleansing, Profiling, Data Warehousing, Database Design, Programming, Development and Implementation of Client - Server Applications & Database Systems using Microsoft SQL Server 2016/2012/2008 R2/2005, SSIS/SSAS/SSRS, Power BI.
- Experience in Installation, Configuration, Maintaining of the SQL Server database systems on different Windows Environments.
- Excellent T-SQL programming skills of 8 years in writing complex queries for Database objects such as Tables, Views, Stored Procedures Triggers, User-Defined Functions and SQL Agent Jobs.
- Experience in Performance Tuning, Query Optimization Monitoring, and Troubleshooting using DBCC Utilities.
- Proficient using SSIS Control Flow items (Run packages/SQL tasks, For each loop, Script task, Sequence containers etc.) and SSIS Data Flow items (Data Conversion, Conditional Split, Fuzzy lookup, Merge Join, Pivot etc.).
- Experience in creating Master and Child packages, Package configurations, Event handling, SSIS event logging.
- Involved in migration and conversion of SSIS Packages from SSIS 2008 R2 to SSIS 2016.
- Highly Proficient in developing SSIS Packages to Extract, Transform and Load (ETL)/DTS data from Heterogeneous data sources such as Oracle, DB2, MS Excel, MS Access, CSV, Oracle, flat file, XML.
- Strong experience in designing and developing over 50+ enterprise reports (SSRS/Business Objects/ Excel) using the data from ETL loads, SSAS Cubes and various data sources.
- Expert in designing complex reports using Cascading parameters, Drill-Through Reports, Parameterized Reports, Report Models, ad hoc reports and deploying SSRS reports on the portal for user accessibility.
- Expert in writing parameterized queries for generating tabular reports, formatting report layout, sub-reports using global variables, subtotals, expressions, functions, sorting the data, defining data sources for the reports using SSRS.
- Expertise in creating cubes with dimensions and facts tables in MOLAP Warehouse, deploying, processing and maintaining using SSAS.
- Experience in writing MDX and DAX queries.
- Experience using Power BI in creating Dashboards, Metrics, Rules and Goals, corporate/personal dashboards, Alerts.
- Experience on Power BI Power Pivot to develop data analysis prototype and used Power View and Power Map to visualize reports.
- Expert in writing complex DAX functions in Power BI.
- Experience in creating Jobs, Alerts, SQL Mail Agent, and schedule SSIS Packages.
- Involved in project planning and scheduling, System Design, Functional specification, Design specification, Preparation of impact analysis, Coding, System Test Plan, User Acceptance Testing (UAT), Quality Assurance, Code Review.
- Conversant to the entire software development cycle (SDLC), documentation of software products with Agile Scrum methodology and experienced in working with waterfall model.
- Worked on Version control systems like Subversion, Git, TFS, JIRA.
- Team leader with demonstrated ability to build strong working relationships with coworkers combined with Excellent communication skills and possesses strong analytical skills.
Databases: SQL Server 2016/2014/2012/2008 R2/2008/2005, MDS, Oracle 9i/8.x, DB2 MS Access
BI Tools: SSIS(SQL Server Integration Services), DTS(Data Transformation Services), Import Export Data Wizard, Bulk Copy Program (BCP), SSAS (SQL Server Analysis Services), MDX (Multi-Dimensional Expressions), SSRS (SQL Server Reporting Services), Power BI, DAX (Data Analysis Expressions), Crystal Reports XI/10/9, MS-Excel, MicroStrategy, Tableau
FTP, SFTP & FTPS File Management Tools: Filezilla 3.25.0, WinSCP, Python 2.7.9
Data Quality Tools: Experian Data Quality, Melissa Data
Campaign Management Tools: Aptos 6.1 (Epicor Solution CRM 6.1)
Version Control Tools: Git, TFS, Subversion (SVN), ClearCase and Perforce
Other Software: MS Office- 2016/2010/2007/2003/2000 , Adobe Professional, Solidworks, ProE, Ansys, BMC Control-M 8.1 Scheduler, ARENA, Survey Monkey.
Operating Systems: UNIX, Windows all flavors, Solaris 10, LINUX
Database Tools: SQL Query Analyzer, SQL Enterprise Manager, Management Studio, SQL Server 2008 Query Editor, Solution Explorer, Analysis Manager, Reporting Server
Methodologies: Logical and Physical Database Design, UML, Database Design and Normalization, Data Modeling, Agile Scrum, Waterfall
Sr. SQL BI Developer
- Analyzed the TFS User Stories for the Equity Mining Tool application to develop a conceptual model to be implemented with T-SQL, SSIS / C# .Net Console App & SSRS, and to develop a solution.
- Created and maintained complex T-SQL Queries, Store procedures, Indexes, Functions and views to support efficient data storage and manipulation.
- Used SQL Profiler and Index Tuning Wizard for tracing slow running queries and stored procedures.
- Scheduling the Equity Mining Tool application jobs using SQL Server Agent.
- Designed generic Extract, Load & Transform (ELT) process within the SQL Server database to leverage large data volumes through massively parallel processing (MPP), allowing the business to analyze data with lesser maintenance.
- Developed Denormalization technique for the Applications search process / Query retrieval process to be faster.
- Migrated 15+ SSIS 2012 packages to C# .NET Core by writing ETL Console Application in Visual Studio 2017, this was done for easy handling of multi-threading concepts.
- Worked on generic classes using C# to create Support Functions and database Operations.
- Developed and deployed SSIS 2012 packages for ETL from OLTP & various sources, and stage to Data warehouse using Lookup, Fuzzy Lookup, Derived Columns, Condition Split, Term, Slowly Changing Dimension and more.
- Design and monitor construction of user-facing presentation tools, such as (SSRS) reports.
- Involved in scheduling reports to run daily, monthly based on the data to be reviewed by the Product Owner.
- Created Sub-Reports, Cross-tab, Conditional, Drill down reports, Drill through reports and Parameterized reports using SSRS 2016.
- Created reports to use Global Variables, Expressions and Functions using SSRS 2016.
- Extensively used Report Wizard, Report Builder and Report Manager deploying reports in SSRS and Troubleshooting for any error occurs in execution.
- Created Index and improved the performance of daily run reports by 20%.
- Created and utilized SSRS reporting to analyze trends in Customer Purchase Behavior and ensure compliance from our data trading partners.
- Used Team Foundation Server and GitHub for Source control, project related document sharing and team collaboration.
- Identify the EMT application user pain areas. Work in an agile environment and contribute to the improvement of our development processes. Propose and work on enhancing and improving the EMT application functionality.
- Work on all layers of the EMT application workflow starting from Requirements elicitation till Production delivery and postproduction issues working with business users as well as Managing the user acceptance criteria and sign-off
- Engaging with key Stakeholders and the Product owners to define, communicate and implement the Product vision
- Producing and executing a project plan for projects. Monitoring progress using TFS for the project status, milestones, achievements, and budget.
- Used TFS to track the project development on a 3-4-week Agile sprint period.
- Worked with the business to develop a Power BI model to pull together relevant data from across the organization and 3rd parties for analysis.
- Ad-hoc analysis of business conditions and scenarios, including investigative research.
- Working with the team across the project life cycle.
- Imported data from SQL Server, SAP BW, SQL Azure to Power BI to generate reports and dashboards using data blending, PowerPivot & Power Query.
- Identified and modified the Key Performance Indicators (KPIs), measures in co-ordinance with the requirement.
- Involved in creating and optimizing existing stored procedures to pull data into power pivot model.
- Expertise in writing complex DAX functions in Power BI and Power Pivot.
- Wrote calculated columns, Measures query’s in Power BI desktop to show good data analysis techniques.
- Worked on all kind of reports such as Yearly, Quarterly, Monthly, and Daily.
- Worked on all types of transformations that are available in Power bi query editor
- Created and Modified Tables, Stored Procedures, Views, Indexes, User-defined Functions, and Triggers as required.
- Used Power BI, Power Pivot to develop data analysis prototype, and used Power View and Power Map to visualize reports.
- Published Power BI Reports in the required originations and made Power BI Dashboards available in Web clients and mobile apps.
- Explore data in a variety of ways and across multiple visualizations using Power BI. Strategic expertise using design of experiments, data collection, visualization and analysis.
- Designed Power BI data visualization utilizing bar, pie, cross tabs, scatter plots, maps and destiny charts.
- Published reports and dashboards using Power BI.
Sr. SQL BI Developer
- Developed Store Procedures, User defined Functions, View, Triggers, T-SQL Scripting for complex business logic.
- Refined the performance of various SQL scripts and stored procedures by using UDFs, CTEs and System stored procedures.
- Optimized Database by creating various clustered, non-clustered indexes and indexed views.
- Scripting for data cleansing, encrypting, decrypting sensitive information, Change Data Capture (CDC).
- Developing SSIS packages to automate different FTP’s files.
- Migrated SSIS packages from SSIS 2008 R2 to SSIS 2016 as per business requirements.
- Developed Dynamic Packages by creating XML and SQL Server package configuration using SSIS and Implemented Incremental Data Loading
- Created ETL process and cleansed massive data into useful and insightful to specific teams; by using SSIS to transfer data from heterogeneous data sources.
- Implemented Error logging using Event Handlers and implemented logging in SSIS packages
- Have deployed packages on different servers by using Project Deployment in SSIS 2016 using project and package parameters.
- Creating Tabular reports, Matrix reports, List & Chart reports, Parameterized reports, Sub reports, Ad-hoc reports, Drill down reports as well as interactive reports according to business requirements in time restricted environment.
- Creating several Complex Reports (sub reports, graphical, multiple groupings, drilldowns, parameter driven, formulas, summarized and conditional formatting) using SSRS to analyze trends in the Sales Pace Report for Front & back PVRs.
- Created SQL server MDS 2012 Web App that integrates with Add-in Excel and Sql Server database.
- Presented and supported CFS team on implementation of SQL Server MDS 2012 solution for MDM of the Sales team.
- Administer and Maintain the BI environments and provide day-to-day operational support.
- Reduce the frequency and duration of IT database failures
- Modified SSAS cubes (dimensions, facts, members, calculations, etc) including relational side design to support data for the enterprise applications store operations reporting.
- Created Cubes and performed data mining on the data using the fact table and the dimension using SQL Server Analysis Services 2012.
- Designed and implemented facts, dimensions, measure groups, measures and OLAP cubes using dimensional data modeling standards in SQL Server 2008 that maintained data.
- Involved in development & Deployment of SSAS Cube, Monitor Full and Incremental loads and support any issues.
Environment: Git, TFS, SQL Server 2016/2012/2008 R2, MDS, Power BI, Visual studio 2017/2015/2012 , .NET, Repository Pattern, Console Application, C, C#, HTML, XML, Windows 10 Enterprise, Microsoft Dynamics, Share Point 2010, Microsoft Office, WinSCP.
SQL BI Developer/Administrator
- Responsible for analyzing business requirements and defining Sales and Marketing CRM system specifications.
- Building the CRM Sales and Marketing application reporting structures using SSRS, SSAS, SSIS, TSQL and SQL Server
- Created complex Stored Procedures, Triggers, Functions UDF, Indexes, Tables, Views and other T-SQL code and SQL joins for applications following SQL code standards.
- Involved extensively in designing of OLTP database. Created schemas, keys and indexes considering the granularity of the data.
- Experience in creating complex SSIS (SQL 2008 R2 Integration Services) packages using proper control and data flow elements with error handling, logging and configurations. Develop data staging tables and create indexes in the destination table to make the ETL process faster than expected.
- Used Melissa data components like Contact verify, Match up and Personator to cleanse, standardize and append the appropriate data from source to destination.
- Deploy and maintain the SSIS packages in Production and schedule the packages according to the requirements.
- Involved in migrating all the SQL Agent Jobs to BMC Control-M Scheduler to maintain and run various SSIS packages periodically or as scheduled.
- Developed GUI front end using Web forms in ASP.NET for the customer service team. Created Modules and Classes in C#.NET.
- Create Report-Models for ad-hoc reporting and analysis. Create drill down reports in SSRS 2012/2008 R2. Create dashboards consisting of grids, charts and reports.
- Generated various Drill-through reports, parameterized reports, sub-reports and linked reports using SSRS and integrated into the web front end.
- Responsible for scheduling the subscription reports with Data Driven Subscription Windows File share for Quarterly Reports, Monthly Reports as well as Daily Reports and Email Delivery using SSRS.
- Wrote Data Analysis Expressions DAX to create custom calculations in PowerPivot for Microsoft Excel workbooks and Analysis Services SSAS 2012 tabular model projects.
- Researched building interactive reports, dashboards, and/or integrating modeling results using Tableau desktop.
- Create and configure Service Broker, End Points, Queues, Message types and Remote Binding
- Responsible for Production Support for CRM DB Application and providing Technical support to the Business Users.
- Responsible for documenting the Technical document based on the Functional specification.
- Created End-user Training and documentation for new coupons reporting services projects and supporting existing Reporting services applications.
Environment: SQL Server 2012/2008 R2, Visual studio 2012/2008, BMC Control-M Workload Automation, Epicor Solution CRM 6.1, Filezilla Client, Windows 7 Professional, Microsoft Dynamics, Tableau, Performance Point Server 2010, Share Point 2010, Microsoft Word, Excel, Visio.
SQL BI Developer/ Administrator
- Analyze, design, develop, modify, test and implement detailed applications and databases based on project requirements using SQL, PL/SQL, SQL Server 2008/2005/2000 , T-SQL, Query analyzer, Data transformation, BIDS (SSIS/SSRS/SSAS) etc. under Windows operating systems;
- Perform database modeling and SQL Server analytics; Design and develop database objects including tables, stored procedures, triggers, rules, defaults, and functions.
- Created Windows desktop application combining VB.Net, DTS and SQL Server to clean and reformat submitted marketing vendor files in multiple formats and standardize the output. This allowed the use of a single SSIS package to load data from multiple clients, a single UI which non-IT personnel could use to clean files, and increased processing by 50%. This was converted to C# .Net Core in a subsequent version which I update and maintain.
- Develop, test and implement integrity rules and regulations; Perform installations and configurations, data analysis, and performance monitoring and tuning.
- Evaluate user requests for enhancements and develop enhancements to existing programs or creation of new programs: Determine technical feasibility, estimate time and cost, ensure compatibility with current application and systems and document performance criteria. Gather business requirements and system specifications from users.
- Design ad hoc and custom reports; Design business intelligence packages for synchronizing data between different servers.
- Document the development process, logic, coding, and corrections; Contribute to the development of user manuals to describe installation and operating procedures.
Environment: SQL Server 2012/2008 R2, Visual studio 2012/2008, Epicor Solution CRM 6.1, Filezilla Client, Tortoise SVN 1.7.10, Red Gate 10.0, Windows 7 Professional, Microsoft Dynamics, Performance Point Server 2010, Share Point 2010, Microsoft Office.