- Over 11 years of total experience on relational and dimensional data modeling and design, development, testing and implementation of Data Warehouse and Business Intelligence.
- Strong in Data Analysis/Data Warehouse/Reporting/ETL development, data management, Data Quality, PL/SQL, T - SQL and NoSQL(MongoDB)10 years of PL/SQL experience in data preparation and ingestion, development of stored procedures, functions, bulk loading, performance tuning, maintenance and support.
- 8 years of Healthcare industry experience.
Databases: Oracle 12c/11g/10g/9i, SQL Server 2008R2/2012, MySql, Cassandra and MongoDB
Tools: Crystal Reports, SSIS, Business Objects Data Services, Oracle Forms/Reports, Toad, SQL Loader, SQL Navigator, SQL Developer, Java, Python, JSON, SOAP UI, ANSI SQL, PL/SQL, XML,and Unix Shell scripting
Operating Systems: Unix, Linux and Microsoft Windows
Confidential, Oakland, CA
Sr Data Engineer
- Responsible for development and maintenance of SAP BODS ETL for Dental Claims, RMB(Oracle Revenue Management and Billing), GPL(Group Profit and Loss), 2-week sprint agile environment and Call Center data marts. Developed materialized views for KPIs like conversion rates etc.
- Well Versed with Agile methodology. Worked on Snowflake DW models and Slowly Changing Dimensions (SCDs).
- Worked on several complex ad-hoc reports and data analysis tasks to support business users.
- Worked extensively on SQL and PL/SQL tuning on tables with billions of rows. Used partitioning bulk loading, analytical functions, indexes to process huge data sets efficiently. Participated in EDW production support. Participated in peer reviews for weekly releases.
- Developed and optimized key components needed for operational reports using PL/SQL stored procedures.
- Developed 15+ reports in Provider data mart using Crystal reports and MySQL as the back end database.
- Implemented BODS Enterprise Data Quality for US address cleansing. Tested EDQ implementation with SOAP UI.
- Developed a data mart using SSIS for call center data. Used SQL and T-SQL extensively.
- Converted claims data to JSON for loading into MongoDB for a data science project. Used Python for data ingestion. Used aggregate framework and MongoDB Atlas extensively.
- Sourced Salesforce data and created a data mart for marketing team using Salesforce adapter and PL/SQL stored procedures.
- Loaded Qualtrics survey data into SQL Server using Pythin scripts for data analysis.
- Used SQL Loader to load huge data sets. Used Log and Bad files to analyze and fix data issues.
- Used Oracle Analytical functions like Grouping Sets, Rollup, Cube, Windowing functions etc, extensively for data analysis requests by actuarial team.
- Worked on multiple data conversion projects where legacy data was mapped to new Claims processing system.
- Responsible for unit testing, functional testing,integration testing, regression testing and post production validation of all my work and for some of the team members, by translating ETL mapping to SQL.
Confidential, Santa Clara, CA
- As a member of DW team, worked on multiple ETL projects in core banking area. Integrated several data sources with SAP BODS ETL jobs.
- Designed and developed complete Oracle back-end system for LoanView application.
- Implemented Business objects Data Quality module for data cleansing using address cleansing transformations.
- Participated in on-call support on rotation basis and in peer reviews.
- Developed multiple reports for LoanView application in MySQL used by business users to query loan data.
- Participated in data analysis and troubleshooting to answer some of business users' questions. Optimized existing PL/SQL code for better performance using advanced features like bulk loading, analytical functions etc. Worked on meta data management. Used Exception handling to catch errors and handle corner cases. As a member of design review team, prevented several ETL errors.