LEAD SYSTEMS ANALYST
I am a seasoned IT professional with a broad range of experience in large, enterprise-critical systems mainframe, unix and web , including all phases of software development , support and test. I am seeking a position that will allow me to put my diverse set of skills to work. I have consistently demonstrated technical excellence and accomplished interpersonal skills at all levels of the business community: from end-user to technician to executive.
First and second line support and maintenance for a large insurance claims system JCL, COBOL, Xpediter, VSAM, CICS, HTML, utilities
Algebra teacher for underserved, inner-city student population working with Gates Foundation S.M.A.R.T. program
Lead Systems Analyst
Full life-cycle support of nationwide, enterprise-critical system.
- I started as a member of a team responsible for enhancing the mainframe portion of this system. By the time I left last November, I was last-remaining technician responsible for sunsetting it. My longevity was the direct result of my ability to learn quickly and take on diverse business and technical responsibilities. The following is a summary of some of the many roles I played:
- Mainframe Developer: PACBASE, COBOL, DB2, JCL
- Server Developer: Informix, 4GL, SQL, UNIX Shell script
- System Test Lead: Requirements Traceability Matrix, Release-level Test Plans, Test data creation and maintenance, Defect tracking, Problem escalation
- CM lead for server modules: Continuus
- QA lead responsible for oversight of deliverables from outsourced development team: HLD and LLD inspection, unit test sign off for new modules and smoke testing for new builds.
- Lead technician responsible for canning regression test mainframe and server which shortened the test cycle from 2 weeks to 4 hours. Removed 90 of the false positives from manual test.
- Automated build of test environments for UAT and Integration: code base and data extraction.
- Member of a team responsible for insourcing server development. By taking on new responsibilities and hiring one additional in-house C developer, we removed over 1 million from the yearly budget.
- Part of a two-member team responsible for reducing the amount of compiled C code we supported by 30 . We accomplished this by creating an in-house utility that parsed SQL-based configuration files at run-time. This also greatly decreased our expense and time to market for new deliverables.
- Responsible for design and implementation of 100 SQL extracts, mapping between systems Lead technician to implement tool-based CM in our mainframe environment: Endevor
- Worked with senior executives to build presentation to Public Utilities Commission in defense of company billing practices
- Lead technician responsible for re-writing numerous COBOL programs using TSO Pipes. This led to a significant reduction in the amount of compiled COBOL code we needed to support.
- 24x7x365 support for run-time environment of 3-tier mainframe, server, web enterprise-critical application. I was responsible for oversight of production Installs, middleware upgrades, configuration and outage resolution.
- Partnered with user base to ensure compliance with Public Utility Commission regulation and interoperability with other large telecommunications companies. Maintained legacy functionality while implementing new web portal to Informix backend for 25 million member customer base.
- Full life cycle responsibility one-man team for proprietary ProcessRunner toolkit: C , Informix
- As a result of the merger GTE and Bell Atlantic, member of a team that migrated GTE's CARE functionality to BA systems, saving approximately 50 FTE.
- Reverse engineered old GTE functionality into new Verizon modules from C or Cobol/DB2 to Cobol/VSAM
- Built data map and executed translation from old GTE system to Verizon's
- Interfaced with scores of corporate customers to decommission old file transfers and re-establish new, secure NDM transfers
Advisory Systems Engineer
- Lead in-house trainer and support for GTE's implementation of PACBASE case technology
- Delivered classroom training to over 100 systems engineers on use of the case tool.
- Performed CM support and data dictionary maintenance for GTE's commercial Medicare Transaction System.
- Member of team responsible for physical data model 300 tables
- Member of implementation and training team for Mercury Test Suite: WinRunner and LoadRunner Built daily smoke test in Winrunner for enterprise-critical application, saving 50 man-hours per day Motif Support: Unix, C
- Member of Endevor Implementation Team
- Member of Support Team for GTE's common development toolset: Unix, C
Delivered classroom instruction and developed company-specific training materials for end-users and systems-professionals: VAX/VMS, Datatrieve, Oracle SQL, Endevor, Pacbase
Developed and supported company's first automated system to track and register for training: COBOL,Datatrieve.
- Active Soccer referee 15 years
- Volunteer board member and coach for New Tampa Soccer Association 6 years