IT professional with 15 years of experience and have exposure in Database Architecture Development, emerging technologies, disaster recovery and automation. Enjoy working as an important and key player with a team of IT professionals.
Database: 8i, 9i, 10g, 11g, 12c Dataguard (from 11g) and RAC (Real Application Clusters from 9i), MS SQL Server
Operating System: Solaris 7, 8, 9, RHEL Linux 5x, Windows
Applications: Enterprise Manager Cloud Control 12c
Environment: JD Edwards EnterpriseOne (Financial Management)
- Provided remote consultancy to Confidential on per case basis.
- Oracle 8i, 9i, 10g, 11g, 12c Installation/Creation/Upgradation/Cloning.
- Configure database initialization parameters.
- Managing Tablespaces and data files, redo log groups and members.
- Creating and Rebuilding indexes, Creating and Refreshing of Materialized views, Analyzing Schemas.
- Design, Implementation and monitoring of backup and recovery activities using RMAN/EMCC and Export/Import/Data Pump utilities.
- Restoring and recovering RMAN backups in case of Database Failures.
- Scheduling the databases backup. Monitored Day - to-Day backups, logs and recovering them as per the requirements.
- Performing daily maintenance including monitoring backups, managing disk space and maintaining database objects.
- Performing Database tuning & performance monitoring using various Advisory utilities of EMCC.
- Used Automatic Workload Repository (AWR) and Automatic Database Diagnostic Monitor (ADDM) for performance and tuning.
- Oracle user management by creating users and granting them roles and privileges.
- Daily health checkups and Monitoring Trace file. Checking errors in Alert Log.
- Providing support to development team, like Database changes, Trace and kill sessions.
- Day to day monitoring like availability of system, listener, database, alert log file, trace file.
- Oracle data movement using export / import and Datapump.
- Undertaking Patch Management and Version Control. Patching Database with OPatch and PSU patching.
- Participated in Oracle Data Guard Installation for Oracle Database. Implemented Dataguard with maximum availability, protection and performance modes.
- Monitor and optimize the performance of the database Configured to achieve high availability, load balancing and automatic failover / switchover functionality using Dataguard.
- Add/Remove to/from existing Real Application Cluster (RAC) environment.
- Performing Disk Management using ASM (Automatic Storage Management) in RAC.
- Participated in on-call rotation and working after hours and or on weekends.