- Senior BI Consultant with an emphasis on Business Intelligence, Performance Management and Data Warehousing.
- Proven ability to deliver, manage and deploy Cognos BI and Performance Management solutions for a diverse business community, in a variety of industries including Financial, Pharmaceutical, Government, Telecommunications, Manufacturing and Supply Chain.
- Ability to provide BI frameworks and roadmaps, in delivering intelligent solutions based on business requirements, project scope and timelines
- Thorough hands on experience with Business Intelligence tools and extensive experience with Data Warehousing concepts
- A firm believer in following best practices and industry guidelines when designing, developing and modeling Business Intelligence solutions
- Broad understanding of the Business Intelligence Lifecycle Development process, including Requirements Gathering, Analysis, Documentation, Development, Testing, Implementation and Maintenance
Development Platforms: J2EE, Rational Software Architect, MS Visual Studio, Visual Basic, MS Office, SQL Navigator\Toad
HTTP Server Software: Cognos 6 - 11.0.11, Tableau 9.0-2018.1.3 , Hyperion, Brio, QlikView, PeopleSoft, Business Objects, Excelsius, DataStage, TM1, PowerPlay, PVCS, Subversion, SourceSafe, Websphere, IGC
Databases: Oracle 7-11g, SQL Server, DB2, Sybase, Netezza, Teradata, MS Access
Operating Systems: MS Windows, UNIX(Linux, AIX, HP), DEC\VAX-OpenVms, OS\MVS, MS\DOS, VM\VSE, DOS\VSE
Senior BI Architect
- Lead architect for the migration of Cognos 10.2 to Cognos Analytics 11.1.2.
- Lead architect, mentor and coach for University Staff, on BI\Cognos\Tableau 9-2018.1.3 and development best practices.
- Developed and modeled data marts using DataStage and Erwin, for the Campus Space and Resource management system.
- Developed reports and dashboards using Cognos and Tableau for Project Management, Human Resources, PeopleSoft Financials, Undergraduate Admissions and Ticket Tracking software.
- Developed Tableau dashboards against the Postgres system tables for monitoring server, storage and application usage.
- Conducted presentations and training to University Staff at monthly Cognos and Tableau User Group meetings.
- Adhered to the ITIL project management policies and the ServiceNow implementation for services related to the data warehouse, BI tools, development, support and enhancements.
- Developed Active Report Studio reports and Transformer Models for PeopleSoft Campus Community, HR and Financial reporting and analysis.
- Authored Position Papers for the IT staff and the University BI community, in using BI best practices.
Senior Consultant\BI Lead
- Led the development for the Corporate, Physician and Patient dashboards within a major NYC healthcare organization.
- Performed Framework modeling and Report Studio development for Clinical Screening, Preventive Services and Affordable Care systems.
- Accountable for the delivery of 2 Framework models and 25 reports for Physician monitoring of patient care.
- Led the training for end-users, development staff and management for the implementation of proposed Cognos 10.2.1 and BI solutions.
- Provided security and administration best practices and was accountable for performance tuning of reports and packages.
- Performed installation, configuration and upgrades of Cognos BI 10.2 products.
- Lead BI developer for acclimating clients in using Cognos 10.2.1.
- Provided training in Workspace Advanced for the creation of BI Dashboards.
- Performed installation and configuration of TM1 10.2 for clients.
- Provided mentoring, coaching and training in the use of various products within the Cognos suite, for the TM1 staff.
Cognos BI Technical Lead Architect
- Lead developer for Financial ERP and Accounting systems using Cognos 10.2.
- Responsible for gathering business requirements and developing GAAP and GASB accounting reporting solutions.
- Adhere to disclosure standards and SEC compliance for reporting Budget and Annual Financial reports for various government agencies.
- Developed Workspace Advanced dashboards for regulatory accounting reports.
- Responsible for providing best practices using Cognos BI, for report and metadata model development. Provided mentoring, coaching and training for end-users and staff members, in the use of various products within the Cognos suite
- Led the installation and configuration of the Cognos upgrade from Cognos 10.1 to Cognos 10.2.
- Developed Cognos 10.1 Active Reports on product sales by territory, quarter, month and year for FP&A managers.
- Responsible for the development and maintenance of Business Insight Advanced dashboards used for in monitoring sales performance.
- Accountable for Cognos administration and development in support of the Financial Planning and Analytics reporting environment.
- Responsible for the support and development of the COGs, Order to Cash, Inventory, Sales and Accounting Cognos reporting solutions.
- Developed SQL Server stored procedures, triggers, functions and processes for FP&A Product Reporting data warehouse.
- Maintenance and development of the data warehouse database tables, indexes, keys and nightly scheduled processes.
Consultant\Cognos Project Manager
- Led the installation, configuration and administration for the Event Management & Metric Studio Cognos environment.
- Worked with senior management in the development of an RFP for providing a Performance Management offering of metrics, KPIs, scorecards and dashboards, to external clients using Cognos Metrics Manager, SAS Performance Management web portal and third-party performance management applications.
- Created Logical, Physical and Metadata models for BI reporting environments using ERWIN and Framework Manager.
- Managed a team of 5 developers at a delivery center for the development of mission critical Cognos reports for the CFO of a major organization.
- Developed Budget, P&L, Trial Balance, Gross Margin and Key Metric reports, using Framework Manager and Cognos 8 reporting tools.
- Developed dashboards, scorecards and reports using Cognos 8 Metric Studio and SAS Performance Management.
- Performed objective setting and reviews for junior and senior developers.