- IT Professional with extensive experience.
- Lead teams through full system development of projects in various business applications: Life Insurance, Health Insurance and Health Care Services environments.
- Coded for new development as well as maintenance projects and have provided 24x7 production support.
- Strengths include analysis, design, coding, problem solving, strong work ethics, ability to multi task, ability to adapt quickly.
- COBOL, ASSEMBLER, CICS, QUICKJOB, VSAM, JCL
- Basic Mapping Support Interface, CICS Execution Diagnostic Facility(CEDF), XPEDITER(CICS)
- File Aid, Virtual Private Network, Remote Desktop, MVS, TSO, Power Terminal, SPF2
- IBM Mainframe, IBM Utilities, Data Mapping, E - Mail, Helpdesk, Microsoft Office
- UNIX, HIPAA Training, Sarbanes-Oxley(SOX Documentation)
- Requirements Gathering, Systems Analysis, System Design, Software Development
Sr. Programmer Analyst
- Successfully completed several IBM LIFEPRO conversions on time and without defaults.
- Collaborated with team members in the design and development of the Conseco Conversion Engine using structured programming, data mapping, and automated data processing.
- Improved phone service by developing and implementing online alpha index name search application system.
- Increased productivity, quality and service by implementing an online system that allowed internal customers an automated way to waive insurance premiums.
- Reduced monthly valuation used by actuaries by 35% by redesigning system so user controlled reporting.
- Redesigned Rate Increase System to allow end users to implement premium increases using excel spreadsheets on request actuaries and rate book.
- At the forefront on many company initiatives because of ability to assess situations and draw sound conclusions.
- Successfully converted all Long Term Care policies to new company using specially designed programs and utilities.
- Responsible for writing, reviewing and modifying computer software and applications, also for debugging, encoding and documenting computer programs.
- Managed all responsibilities as a remote employee for over 10 years.