- Senior Programmer/Lead with 18+ years in IT and over 16 years of experience in IBM Mainframe Tools and Technologies. Specialized in Automation, Production support, Performance, onsite - offshore model and delivery of projects various sizes and complexity.
- Expertise working on Health Care Billing, Commercial and Personal Insurance Policy Systems.
- Experience working with Business Users, Product Analysts and Subject Matter Experts for requirements.
- Expertise in building applications with COBOL, CICS, JCL, VSAM, XML, MQSeries, Web Service and Electronic Data Interchange (EDI) formats like HL7 v3 XML, ACCORD AL3 XML, X12.
- Expertise customizing XML schemas and parsing large XML messages in COBOL CICS/BATCH environments.
- Expertise to create high level, low level designs, flow diagrams of new or existing functionality, test environments, test cases and perform peer reviews.
- Provide technical support, managed and mentored projects to completion in a fast-paced time sensitive and onsite-offshore environment.
- Provide support and perform testing of software upgrades/updates on mainframe until production implementation.
- Created knowledge repository, reports to management and system documentation.
- Possess a quick learning curve towards any new technology or platform
- Well acquainted to agile methodology in Software Development Life cycle.
Languages: COBOL 6.2, JCL, Java 2.0, JSP, JDBC, J2EE, J2ME, XML, SOAPWeb Service Definition Language (WSDL)
OLTP: CICS, WebCICS, IMS DC
App/Web Servers: Weblogic 8.0, Websphere 5.0, iPlanet 6.0, Jakarta Tomcat 3.2.3
Databases: IMS DB, TERADATA, DB2 UDB V8.1
Operating Systems: Windows 98/NT/2000/XP, OS/390, Z/OS (1.2 - 1.14)
Tools: & Utilities: VSAM, TSO/ISPF, SDSF, PROJCL, Endevor, CHANGEMAN, Xpeditor, INSYNC, INFOMAN, File-AID, QMF, SPUFI, PDM, $AVRS, FTP, EDI, MANTIS, Quick Edit, Crossplex2.0, TrackRecord, MQ Visual Browse, Altova XMLSpy Toolkit, MQSeries, Symphonia Toolkit, BookSmart, IBM File Manager, Mainview, ASG SMART TEST IBM Debug Tool, Control-M, OPC Scheduler, PANVALET
Senior Programmer, COBOL Developer
- Compile various types of COBOL programs in v6.2, debug and fix code in programs.
- Create PDSE libraries to support Enterprise COBOL v6.2.
- Use “NCMPL” tool for compilation of single or multiple programs.
- Modify compiler options to support Enterprise COBOL v6.2.
- Perform Unit Testing and compare results of COBOL v6.2.
- Promote code to System Testing and Integration Testing regions and provide support.
- Modify batch jobs to support COBOL v6.2 changes.
Environment: PANVALET, IBM DB2, COBOL v4.2/v6.2, QuickStart
Technical Lead, Senior Programmer
- Provide Demos to Business Users, Subject Matter Experts, Production Support of New/Modified Flow
- Subject Matter Expert (SME) for automation projects using XML, MQSeries, CICS and COBOL Batch
- Created flow diagrams and knowledge documents of new or modified functional flows
- Customized HL7 v3 schema as needed to Quest Billing System
- Used HL7 v3 schema to build COBOL XML parser and generate acknowledgement messages.
- Developed COBOL MQSeries, CICS modules for various projects in Quest Billing System
- Developed COBOL BATCH modules to load master setup data in production as adhoc requests
- Performed unit, integration, User Acceptance testing and Web Service testing using Eclipse tool
- Performed design, code, version control reviews for projects
- Optimized code for performance improvements in Quest Billing System
- Well acquainted working on projects using Agile Methodology
- Create implementation plan, back out plan and submit service requests to CGI or Production Support
- Scheduled new or modified existing jobs in Control-M scheduler
- Provided training to resources on areas of expertise in Quest Billing System
System Analyst, Project Lead, Onsite-Offshore Coordinator
- Provided maintenance, support, Onsite-Offshore coordination for Commercial and Personal Lines Systems
- Interacted with Business and Product teams for requirements gathering
- Resolved Customer queries, provided work arounds, solutions to production problems
- Planned and prioritized projects, defects with effort estimations for monthly releases
- Managed and mentored a team of off-shore development resources with the size of 10 to 12
- Interacted with Workers Compensation Bureaus to report policy data electronically and receive approval
- Analyze and resolve Bureau criticisms on Workers Compensation policy data submitted
- Interact with vendor (AMS) for Commercial Lines Audit processing
- Interact with states for electronic submission of DMV, PICs, POCs and Unit Statistical data
- Worked with vendor (rocket systems) to resolve critical problems identified in testing Crossplex 2.0 upgrade to LCE 5.1
- Create flow charts for migrating from mainframe to server using Java, .NET, BookSmart and Informatica
- Create flow charts to automate Personal Lines renewal conversion from legacy to Duck Creek
- Conducted walkthrough sessions on Personal Lines renewal conversion work flow
- Developed modules for Commercial and Personal policy conversion to AQS and Duck Creek systems
- Developed Personal Lines legacy field mappings to ACCORD AL3 format for renewal conversion.
- Interact with BookSmart vendor to create new fields required in ACCORD AL3 for renewal conversion
- Project Status reporting to Senior management on Commercial and Personal Lines Policy Admin Systems
- Analyze, build and provide reports to Business, Senior Management on Commercial and Personal legacy data.
- Resolve technical problems across Harleysville mainframe applications
- Create implementation plan and documentation for monthly releases
- Performed analysis of code for Optimization
- Created application specific checkpoint documents during mainframe move
- Seed policies into test environments for Commercial and Personal Lines renewal conversion testing
- Created modules to fix critical production problems
- Proactively identify and fix problems in all Commercial and Personal Lines applications
- Created knowledge repository to train new team members