- Designed new MS SQL Server star schema reporting/BI database, including ETL from muitiple datasources.
- Designed ETL processes and developed ETL using SSIS and T - SQL stored procedures.
- Designed complex MS SQL Server jobs using a mix of SSIS, PowerShell scripts and external FTP/SFTP applications.
- Automated several monthly processes that previously required 10 to 20 hours of manual effort to produce using SSIS, Powershell and C#.
- Worked on AWS Redshift and VM systems as well as localized server farms.
- Redesigned the file ingestion process to allow for parallel processing and row by row validation while still increasing data throughput ten-fold.
- Designed and implemented application and transaction logging which reduced issue resolution and client query research times from hours to minutes.
- Optimized and performance tuned numerous SQL server stored procedures to reduce processing times and increase the volume of data processed per day.
- Consulted with management on SDLC processes and provided guidance on project documentation.
- Developed and updated system documentation for core business processes based on actual code behavior.
- Coordinated with a team of six developers using TFS, BitBucket and Jira in and Agile environment.
- Mentored and trained junior devoplers in the use of SSIS, T-SQL, MS SQL Server, BitBucket and Agile methodologies.
Senior Database Developer
- Refactored an existing MS SQL Server manufacturing data warehouse to incorporate parts and finished goods inventory while also streamlining the ETL and automating over 50% of the reporting and analytics.
- Designed and developed ETL processes using SSIS and T-SQL in an Azure VM environment.
- Optimized several hundred T-SQL stored procedures to improve performance of manufacturing and reporting systems and eliminate data locks and log overflow.
- Integrated weekly sales forecast and monthly inventory reports across three geographically separate business units each using unique ERP, DWH and WMS systems into a common automated report set.
- Managed multiple MS SQL server instances on a variety of Windows platforms including SQL Server 2008 R2, 2012 2014 and 2016 on Win NT, 2000, 7, and 10.
- Standardized the hourly and daily SQL Server backup routines. Established maintenance routines to refresh statistics and manage log files. Upgraded instances from 2008 R2 to 2016.
- Established the use of Active Directory groups to standardize user permissions and eliminated widespread sysadmin access.
- Coordinated with a team of four developers using TFS, BitBucket and Jira in an Agile environment.
Lead Technical Architect
- Architected complex data integrations between SQL Server and a variety of sources including DB2, Oracle, MS Access, MS Excel, XML files and flat files.
- Designed and implemented the flagship product’s data warehouse using a star schema model. This product is used to provide reporting and business intelligence insights to Confidential ’s clients.
- Designed and deveopled complex ETL processes using SSIS and T-SQL stored procdedures.
- Built out a Microsoft Azure solution for the team’s development and test environments to allow easier access for remote offices and to insure the use of best practices when developing and testing new builds.
- Optimized and performance tuned SQL server stored procedures and SSIS packages created by team members.
- Established and enforced the use of common source code management which eliminated code version errors and deployment issues. This led to reducing average product deployment time from six months to three weeks with 97% fewer code deployment issues.
- Established a cloud-based version of the company’s flagship product on Microsoft Azure aimed at clients with part time needs and budget constraints.
- Created a semantic interface to a star schema database that allowed non-technical users to access and understand their data.
- Managed a team of developers in the development, implementation and support of custom data warehouses reducing the time from contract to implementation from nine months to thirty days.
- Provided strategy guidance on Big Data technologies including Microsoft Azure, NoSQL, Hadoop, Cloud computing, SaaS and IaaS.
- Developed a unique method of encryption for personally identifying information based on AES which allowed critical data to be shared with third party partners, analyzed at the aggregate level and then returned to the client to be applied at the individual level.
- Developed a hybrid Agile/Iterative project approach which allowed for clear and accurate budget forecasting while still producing 100% of the team’s deliverables at a 50% cost savings.
- Consulted with clients on deploying and managing SQL Server instances.
- Mentored and trained junior devoplers in the use of SSIS, T-SQL, MS SQL Server, MS Azure and Agile methodologies.
- Coordinated with a team of six developers using TFS, Seapine Surround and Jira.