- Accomplished Software Engineer with seven - year of experience of full life experience in Architecture Design, Development, and Support of enterprise-scale Data Engineering, Data Management, Data Processing applications using Microsoft SQL Server - Microsoft Business Intelligence technologies
- Expertise in Data Analysis, Requirement Analysis, Data Collection, Curation, produce Insights, Reports, and Analytics using Database and Business Intelligence Technologies.
- Expertise in Microsoft SQL Server 2018/2014/2012 - Complex SQL queries, Stored procedures, and Triggers
- Expertise in Microsoft Business Intelligence Studio, SSIS, SSRS and SSAS
- In-depth knowledge of Transact-SQL (DDL, DML, DCL) and SQL Tuning, Optimization, handling race conditions, manage database health to handle large volume data sets.
- Ability to do coding in ASP.NET and ADO.NET using C#.NET, focusing on SQL Server Business Intelligence requirements.
- Experience in creating Schemas, Index, Views, Stored Procedures, user-defined functions, cursors, derived tables, common table expressions (CTEs), and Triggers to facilitate efficient data manipulation and data consistency.
- Experience in implementing Extract, Transform, and Load (ETL) Packages using SSIS Proficient in implementing all transformations available on the SSIS.
- Experience in supporting large scale data loading batch process (ETL, DW) applications
- Experience in daily job monitoring, addressing job failures and escalating to specific teams
- Experience in reports development, configuration of report server and report manager scheduling, give permissions to a different level of users in SQL Server Reporting Services (SSRS).
- Experience in generating on-demand and scheduled reports for business analysis or management decision using SSRS
- Experience in data cubes design using MDX, SSAS - SQL Server Analytical Service
- Proven ability to build strong partnerships with clients, project stakeholders, business users, and leadership across all levels. Expertise in leveraging analytics, metrics, and tools to derive data-driven insights and recommendations.
- T-SQL, Microsoft SQL Server( All Versions), My SQL, Sybase, MDX
- ASP.NET, ADO.NET, C#.NET, VB.NET, IIS
- MS Business Intelligence Studio, MS Visual Studio, MS SQL Server Management Studio
- HTML, XML, XSL, MS Office, SQL Server Agents, FTP
- HP UNIX, Windows Servers
Lead Database Engineer
Technologies: SQL Server 2012 R2, SQL Server 2018, SSIS, SSRS, SSAS, C#.NET, ASP.NET, SQL Agent, FTP, and Windows 2008 OS.
- Engage with client partners on requirement specification, data elements mapping and software interface design
- Develop ETL process to process hundreds of structured and Unstructured files for multiple clients.
- Developed various SSIS packages (ETL) to load complex heterogeneous file formats to the normalized database.
- Created SSIS transformations such as Sorter, Filter, conditional split to process the data into Confidential -Metrix normalized format
- Developed ad-hoc script component to parse heterogeneous file format using C#, and successfully loaded the data into SQL Server
- Created multiple derived components and added complex business rules to derive the data from existing attributes.
- Generate custom reports using SQL, support user queries, generate analytic insights.
- Developed automated FTP scripts to retrieve files from client locations. Created error handling functionalities to alert developers when files are not available.
- Modeled the whole ETL Data Flow tasks with detailed error logs. Any component can be restarted from failure point without affecting other functions
- Developed parsing algorithm tom parse Unicode- UTF Characters using C# components
- Designed a for-each container to load all the files from specific folders.
- Took the ownership to create normalized Quality check report. This report contains around 50 different checks, implemented using complex SQL statements. Developed this report as a reusable component. All the developers in the team utilize this component as a child component for their clients.
- Utilized HTML technologies to send the quality check reports in an intuitive email format
- Monitor and address any job failures. Interfaced with both internal and external clients for any data issues, addressed them quickly.
- Scheduled the SSIS packages to SQL Server Agents with specific time frames.
- Developed various reports using SSRS. Created Drill down Reports, Ad-hoc Reports
- Scheduled packages and different maintenance tasks using MS SQL Agents
- Created database tables, defined the primary key, foreign key constraints.
- Designed Clustered and Non Clustered Indices on database tables to improve the efficiency of the queries.
- Worked with Database Admins to create databases for new clients, set up backup and disaster recovery planning.
- Developed SQL Stored procedure to do complex data processing. Developed Try-Catch blocks to handle the exceptions in a meaningful way.
- Provided Level 2 production support for internal users and clients, answered ad-hoc queries.
- Utilized MS SQL Management Studio to retrieve and modify database object definitions
- Coordinated with clients for UAT, resolve any integration issues timely manner.
Technologies: Microsoft SQL Server 2008, SSRS, SSIS, SSAS, ASP.NET and IIS
- Worked as a Research Engineer - HP Data Management Solutions with Microsoft SQL Server 2008
- Developed complex SQLs to test various data management scenarios in SQL Server 2008
- Contributed in testing the following situations - creating indexes, Views, complex Stored Procedures, user-defined functions, cursors, derived tables, common table expressions (CTEs) and Triggers to facilitate efficient data manipulation and data consistency.
- Used SQL Business Intelligence Studio extensively to create various SSIS packages and SSRS - reports
- Used HP Sales data to develop multiple Business Intelligence scenarios with huge data volume.
- Data Extraction, Transforming, and Loading (ETL) between Homogenous and Heterogeneous System using SQL Server tools (SSIS, DTS, Bulk Insert, BCP, XML).
- Developed various SSIS - Integration Service packages to integrate sales data with internal applications. These packages also used as a testing platform for HP hardware.
- Designed various sales reports scenarios, in SSRS, and deployed in reporting server. Utilized ASP.NET report viewer to test the performance. Created various used defined functions in SSRS using VB