- 15+ years of experience with various assignments in Mainframe Application programming and Maintenance using COBOL, DB2, CICS, VSAM and have played varied roles like Developer, SME, System Analyst and Technical leader across Insurance, Retail and Finance projects.
- Extensive experience in analysis, design, development and deployment support.
- Strong knowledge in IBM mainframe & Webservice. Expert in Expert in COBOL - DB2-CICS, zOS connect and Webservice API programming.
- Extensive knowledge and working experience in COBOL, CICS, JCL, DB2, Stored procedures, PL/SQL, VSAM, FILE-AID, TSO/ISPF, ESP, IBM Web Services.
- Experience in creating APIs and establishing connection between APIgee and mainframe using IBM explorer.
- Excellent knowledge and work experience in various phases of SDLC such as Requirement Gathering, Analysis, Design, Development, Unit Testing, User Acceptance Testing (UAT) and Maintenance.
- Worked on development, enhancement and support of mainframe applications. Excellent Functional and Technical Knowledge in Finance, Banking and Insurance domain.
- Strong skills in different tools like Expediter, IBM debugger, SDSF, QMF, SPUFI, File Aid, Edit Plus, File Manager, Post man, soap UI, Apptune,
- Interfaced with different functional groups, handled client relationships, built and worked in cross-cultural team environments.
- Experience in interacting with onsite designers and business analyst for gathering and understanding client’s requirements and transforming them into System and Technical Design.
- Hands on experience with Configuration Management tools like Changeman, Endevor, GitHub
- Proficient in analyzing and translating business requirements to technical requirements and architecture.
- Team player with strong commitment to work, who believes in the power of synergy.
Project Methodologies: SDLC, Agile
Industries: Insurance, Retail, Finance
Role: Technical Lead
Operating Systems: Windows, IBM z/OS/MVS
Programming Languages: COBOL, JCL, DB2, VSAM, CICS, EXPEDITOR, FILEAIDCA7
Special Software/Tools: APIgee, GitHub, IDz, IBM explorer for zOS, Postman, soap UIIBM debugger, SPUFI, QMF, Changeman, File Manager, IBM Degugger, AppTune
- Understand the business functionality, business requirements and technical Specifications of the application(s).
- Collect, Analysing & Documenting Client Business Requirements.
- Attending Design Reviews with Business Users and Architects for Requirements Gathering.
- Communicate Requirements and Design changes to offshore and assign priorities.
- Estimating the total efforts that would be required to complete the enhancement or fixes
- Automate the manual checks in the production batch cycle to avoid manual intervention with production data and fine tuning the batch cycle.
- Develop flowcharts for the actual flow of the process.
- Analyse the cause of job failures & giving permanent fix to avoid future failures
- Support implementation of the changes in production environment.
- Identifying the Existing Bugs and providing better solutions.
- Working on Service requests for resolving any technical or business queries
- Review code developed by the offshore team.
- Onsite-Offshore Coordination.
Technologies: Mainframes (COBOL,JCL,CICS, VSAM, DB2) Changeman, IBM debug, Filemanager, APIgee, IBM explorer for zOS, IDz, SPUFI, Postman, Soap UI
- Analysing the application that application in credit processing area for the changes proposed
- Preparing the functional and detailed design document
- Data setup for the application impacted
- Coding to implement the functionality specified as per the design document
- Preparation of test case scenarios
- Unit testing of the requirements
- Issues/defects tracking and closure with resolution
Technologies: Mainframes (COBOL,JCL,CICS), DB2, Endevor, Xpeditor, SoapUI, SPUFI, QMF, SDSF
- Worked as a L3 Supply chain lead for offshore
- Analysing the requirement from the business
- Prepared detailed design and Implementation for the Change Requests.
- Unit testing and pre-system testing followed with components performance testing
- Recording the test results in Unit test results
- Resolved the PBIs (problem tickets) within the SLA. (Root cause Analysis and permanent fix
- Supported for System test and User acceptance Test
- Involved in estimations.
- Guiding the new joiners in the team
- Involved in transition of new applications from application development team.
- Involved in L2 escalations
Technologies: Mainframes (COBOL,JCL,DB2,VSAM,CICS), DB2, Changeman, Xpeditor, SDSF, File Aid