- A challenging position that will utilize my technical and leadership experience with opportunities for personal contribution to organizational goals and professional growth.
- Experienced IT Leader, Mentor and Strategist with a demonstrated work history. Skilled in ERP systems, Databases, Analytics, Enterprise Architecture and Governance. Strong Information Systems professional with over 14+ Years of IT/IS experience
Programming Languages: SQL, PL/SQL, Shell scripting, PerlOperating Systems Solaris 8/9/10, HP - UX, Digital UNIX, IBM-AIX, SVR UNIXRedhat LINUX, Windows - 95/98/NT/XP/7/10
Database Environments: Oracle 7.x/8.x/8i/9i/10g/11g/12c, MS-Access, ODBC, JDBC
Software Tools & GUIs: Power Builder, Visual Basic, Pro*C, SQL*Plus, OEM, TOADPL/SQL Developer, DB Audit, ViaTil/Remedy, Veritas
Case Tools: Logic Works Erwin/ERX
Planning/Presentation Tools: Microsoft Project, Microsoft Office and Visio.
Hardware Platforms: Sun Sparc v880/v440, HP9000 E45/E55, DEC-Alpha 1200/2100A/DS20, HCL-Magnum, HP
Storage Systems: NAS/SAN (NetApp, HP, 3-PAR)
Sr. SQL Server / Oracle ERP Database Lead
- Consolidated SQL Server licenses and migrated the Applications to Std Edition where possible - Cost Savings of close to 0.5 million.
- Worked with a group of 5 SR.DBA’s. Responsible for supporting SQLServer / Oracle Databases including the Hardware (Sun Sparc and RHEL Systems). Helped to team grow from supporting production systems to a value and to the projects by optimizing the processes, automation of daily routines and offloading tier tasks to offshore teams.
- Established SQL Server / Oracle Databases and standardization policies and procedure globally. Worked with 24/7 teams with staff in Europe, Ireland, Asia for “follow-the sun” support model by delivering 99.99% systems uptime.
- Ensured best practices followed for the Database Installs/upgrades/Administration. Data Security and periodic auditing was given priority and passed both internal/external audits with no high/medium findings.
- Day to Day Microsoft SQL Server/Oracle database administration hands -on support as needed to fill in DBA support gap. Daily status review of production database support. Production emergency firefight, escalated problem resolution, project status review/obstacle resolution, and resource assignment to the adhoc DB requirements.
- Always participated with team for following projects (Hands-on) for on-time delivery of database support.
- Ensured best practices followed for the Database Installs/Upgrades/Administration. Data Security and periodic auditing was given priority and passed internal/external audits with no high/medium findings.
- Guided the team and participated in the following projects (Hands-on) in addition to the team management and delivery.
- SQL Server Installations/Upgrades/Virtualization/Consolidation
- Upgraded from 2008 R2 to 2012/2014 and 2014 to 2016.
- Virtualized SQL Servers on VMware
- Early Adoption of SQL Server 2016/2017 for Portfolio Management Group
- Supported 100+ Instances, 400+ Databases (Raging from few Gig to multi TB)
- Migrated Various Application DBs from SQL Server Enterprise to Standard and consolidated various SQL environment to save licensing costs
- Involved in capacity planning, sizing and database growth pojrections.
- Experience in Performance Tuning, Query Optimization, using Performance Monitor, SQL Profiler and other related monitoring and troubleshooting tools.
- Strong knowledge of how indexes, index management, integrity checks, configuration, patching. How statistics work, how indexes are stored, how they can be created and managed effectively.
- SQL Development ability to write and troubleshoot SQL Code and design (stored procs, functions, tables, views, triggers, indexes, constraints)
- Experience in troubleshooting and resolving database integrity issues, performance issues, blocking and deadlocking issues, replication issues, log shipping issues, connectivity issues, security issues etc.
- Experience in implementing Extended events Tracing Tools such as SQL Trace and System Monitor
ENVIRONMENT: Oracle 12c/11g/10g, Oracle Cloud, Oracle RAC (11gR1, 11gR2), OEM, and Data guard, SQL Developer, RMAN, Data Pump
Sr. Oracle/SQL Server Database Administration
- Performing Installation and patching of SQL Server 2008 and 2005.
- Implemented Capacity planning, Performance Tuning, Disaster Recovery, troubleshooting, backup and restore procedures.
- Creating new and upgrading existing databases from 2000 to 2008 servers
- Planning for growth; Creating and managing database objects and users
- Providing required access for users to databases from Roles and Privileges
- Worked on resolving the log shipping and Replication latency issues
- Assists with examination and performance tuning of existing SQL Code
- Implemented Cluster failover to passive node from active node in maintenance windows
- Work closely with database users and application developers to provide direction and assistance in identification and resolution of user problems
ENIRONMENT: RDBMS (10g,11g), Solaris 8 (SPARC), RHEL4, TOAD, EXPALIN PLAN, TKPROF, EXPORT/IMPORT, SQLLDR, RMAN.
Oracle / SQL Server Database Administration
- Installation of SQL Server 2000/2005 on Local System and Remote System of Standalone and cluster environments as per the Customer requirement
- Installing the Microsoft SQL Server Clustering on different versions of SQL Server 2000/2005 on 2 node and 3 node clusters
- Setup the post Installation Configurations (tempdb files, SQL Memory, Enabling AWE and configuring the Maintenance jobs etc...)
- Applying the SQL Service Packs and Hotfixes On All Versions (SQL Server 2000/2005) to Fix the Bugs and Rebooting the Machines
- Maintained 1500+ databases in size 1GB to 600GB
- Monitoring the growth of the database to ensure the smooth running of daily activities
- Disc Space Capacity planning for holding backups, data and log files
- Planning and Implementing the Backup and Recovery strategies on local disks and tapes
- Creating and managing the Database users, roles and privileges as per the application requirement on Database servers, SSRS, SSAS and SSIS
- Developing the scripts depending on the application to automate the regular Database Refresh activities as per the existing Backup strategies
- Troubleshooting Performance issues, Database level issues, Backup and Recovery problems and Fragmentations/defragmentation related problems
- Up gradation and Migration is done from lower versions to higher versions (Migrated almost 600+ databases from MS SQL server 2000 to 2005)
- Preparing the SOX reports every week for audit and fining the unauthorized logins
- Preparing the capacity reports every month for all the production and sub-production server and planning for storage expansion
- Setup and Administration of Database Mirroring, and performing the Failovers from principle to Mirror and vice versa
- Organizing team meetings (Daily Service Review) and SRTs (Service Restoration Team meet) for discussing and explaining about the issues/problems persisting on the environment and to get the proper resolution with the help of senior resources in the team
- Opening the cases to Microsoft to troubleshooting the issues
- Deploying the SSIS packages and .rdl files and managing the user roles and privileges on SSIS and SSRS
- Most of the time I used to work on project activities like creating the new instance, migrating the databases, tables, stored procedures, creating the logins and mapping the users to the database, SSAS databases, deploying the SSIS dtsx packages, deploying the .rdl etc...
- Creating the linked servers as for the application requirement and providing the appropriate access to access the linked servers