- 9+ years of industry experience with solid understanding of Data Modeling, Evaluating Data Sources, and strong understanding of Data Warehouse/Data Mart Design, ETL, BI, Data visualization, OLAP, Client/Server applications.
- Accomplished various tasks in big data environment which involved Microsoft Azure Data Factory, Data Lake, and SQL server.
- Excellent in Data Analysis, Data Profiling, Data Validation, Data Cleansing, Data Verification, and Data Mismatch Identification.
- Experience in different Project Management Methodologies like Traditional waterfall and Agile.
- Very good experience and knowledge on Amazon Web Services: AWS Redshift, and AWS.
- Experience in designing Star Schema, Snowflake schema for Data Warehouse, by using tools like Erwin data modeler, Power Designer and Embarcadero E - R Studio.
- Excellent experience with IBM Ionosphere utilizing MDM, Data profiling and data Modeling.
- Knowledge in writing, testing, and implementation of the triggers, procedures, functions at database level and form level using PL/SQL
- Good Knowledge in designing the Data Mart using Ralph Kimball’s and Bill Immon Dimensional DataMart Modeling techniques.
- Comprehensive knowledge and experience in process improvement, normalization/de-normalization, data extraction, data cleansing, data manipulation.
- Experience in modeling with both OLTP/OLAP systems and Kimball and Immon Data warehousing environments.
- Extensive experience in development of T-SQL, DML, DDL, DTS, Stored Procedures, Triggers, Sequences, Functions and Packages.
- Experience in Data Profiling, Analysis by following and applying appropriate database standards and processes, in definition and design of enterprise business data hierarchies.
- Experience in extracting, transforming and loading (ETL) data from spreadsheets, database tables and other sources using Microsoft SSIS.
- Excellent knowledge in designing and developing dashboards using QlikView by extracting the data from multiple sources.
- Experience in Data Transformation and Data Mapping from source to target database schemas and also data cleansing.
- Strong understanding of Data Modeling(Relational, dimensional, Data analysis, implementations of Data warehousing using Windows and UNIX.
- Strong experience in using Excel and MS Access to dump the data and analyze based on business needs.
- Performed Business Requirement Gathering and Analysis, Feasibility study, ROI Analysis, Process Flow and Process Modeling, Functional and Techno-Functional Gap Analysis of existing system. working with offshore/onsite model
- Managed development and testing teams to keep deliverables on track and reported to stakeholders.
- Ability to learnquickly.
- SQL,PLSQL(Analysis purpose), UNIX Shell commands, AWK commands, HIVEQL, Python(Pandas, numpy, Matplotlib, Randometc).
- Oracle 10g,11g, Teradata E12, MS SQL Server 2005/2008/2013/2014/2016 , MS Access, DB2, Azure Data Lake, Mainframes(Novice), Cassandra, Dynamo DB, Mongo DB
- IBM Data Stage8.7,Informatica 8.1
- COGNOS, Qlikview, PowerBI, Adobe analytics
- Erwin r9.64, IBM Data Studio 4.1.1, ER studio 9.6.1,16
- Ambari, Toad, SQL Assistance, Teradata SQL assistance, OracleSQL developer 4.1.1,Jupyternotebook,Anaconda, GIT bash
- Informatica IDQ 9.0,Open refine, ACRI, Lynx(fraud system), JIRA
Sr. Data Analyst - Data Engineer
- Performed complex data analysis in support of ad-hoc and standing customer requests
- Designed and developed automation test scripts using Python.
- Worked with Systems Development Life Cycle (SDLC)/ Software as a Service (SaaS) delivery models.
- Designed and implemented secure data pipelines into a Snowflake data warehouse from on-premise and cloud data sources
- Implemented Data Lake in Azure Blob Storage, Azure Data Lake, Azure Analytics, Data bricks Data load toAzure SQL Data warehouse using Polybase, Azure Data Factory
- Designed and implemented effective Analytics solutions and models with Snowflake.
- Queried and analyzed data from Cassandra for quick searching, sorting and grouping
- Involved in Data profiling, Data analysis, data mapping and Data architecture artifacts design.
- Extensively created data pipelines in cloud using Azure Data Factory.
- Worked with Azure Data Factory (ADF) since its a great SaaS solution to compose and orchestrate Azure data services.
- Wrote python scripts to parse XML documents and load the data in database.
- Used Erwin Data Modeler tool for relational database and dimensional data warehouse designs.
- Designed data pipelines using Azure Data Factory, IBM DataStage / Infosphere, Azure Copy, Polybase, Multi region data replication
- Involved in complete SSIS life cycle in creating SSIS packages, building, deploying and executing the packages all environments.
- Developed MDM integration plan and hub architecture for customers, products and vendors, Designed MDM solution for three domains.
- Written SQL queries against Snowflake.
- Implemented Custom Azure Data Factory pipeline Activities and SCOPE scripts.
- Used DSE SQOOP for importing data from RDBMS to Cassandra
- Developed reports for users in different departments in the organization using SQL Server Reporting Services (SSRS).
- Developed and supported on Oracle, SQL, PL/SQL and T-SQL queries.
- Tested the ETL process for both before data validation and after data validation process.
- Translated business concepts into XMLvocabularies by designing XML Schemas with UML
- Created Reports for marketing analytics team using Adobe analytics.
- Worked on creating Ad-hoc reports using SQL server.
- Actively involved in SQL and Azure SQL DW code development using T-SQL
- Interacted with stake holders on clearing their doubts regarding the reports in powerBI
- Created publishing reports for stake holders using powerBI.
- Analyzed escalated incidences within the Azure SQL database.
- Worked on the enhancing the data quality in the database.
Environment: Erwin9.8, SQL,SaaS, Cassandra, Azure, XML, SSIS, Python,Oracle12c, SQL, PL/SQL, T-SQL, SSRS, MDM, PowerBI, XML.
Sr. Data Analyst/Business /Tech lead
- Tech lead for sales and performance, Investments, T+1 project, ACRI purging.
- Owner and SME for all the RFC’s and FTP’s in all projects.
- Deployed and monitored scalable infrastructure on cloud environment Amazon web services (AWS)
- Managed development team by receiving the weekly updates.
- Developed an issue log for the projects and worked with management to resolve them.
- Co-ordinated with testing team and ETL development team for the successful dry run in all the projects.
- Collaborated with and reported to Platform Manager who directly reported to CIO.
- Identified the entities and relationship between the entities to develop Conceptual Model using Erwin.
- Used Agile Method for daily scrum to discuss the project related information.
- Effectively designed, developed and enhanced cloud-based applications using AWS
- Performed match/merge and ran match rules to check the effectiveness of MDM process on data.
- Data sources are extracted, transformed and loaded to generate CSV data files with Python programming and SQL queries.
- Designed and Developed logical & physical datamodels and Meta Data to support the requirements.
- Involved in extensive DATA validation using SQLqueries and back-end testing
- Used AWS Glue to crawl the data lake in S3 to populate the Data Catalog.
- Wrote SQL queries, PL/SQL procedures/packages, triggers and cursors to extract and process data from various source tables of database.
- Created SSIS Packages for Incremental Loading and slowly changing dimensions.
- Developed separate test cases for ETL process (Inbound & Outbound) and reporting.
- Developed complex T-SQL code such as Stored Procedures, functions, triggers, Indexes, and views for the business application.
- Used Excel sheet, flat files, CSV files to generated Tableau ad-hoc reports
- Assisted on requirement gathering and testing of the mobile application.
Environment: Erwin9.8, AWS, Agile, MDM, Python, SQL, PL/SQL, ETL, T-SQL, Tableau.
Data designer /Data Analyst
- Worked on a migration project which required gap analysis between legacy systems and new systems.
- Involved in various projects related to Data Modeling, Data Analysis, Design and Development for both OLTP and Data warehousing environments.
- Worked on Data lake in AWS S3, Copy Data to Redshift, Custom SQL’s to implement business Logic using Unix and Python Script Orchestration for Analytics Solutions.
- Worked at conceptual/logical/physical data model level using Erwin according to requirements.
- Involved in requirement gathering and database design and implementation of star-schema, snowflake schema/dimensional data warehouse using Erwin.
- Performed and utilized necessary PL/SQL queries to analyze and validate the data.
- Reviewed the Joint Requirement Documents (JRD) with the cross functional team to analyze the High Level Requirements.
- Designed and developed T-SQL stored procedures to extract, aggregate, transform, and insert data.
- Worked with the Reporting Analyst and Reporting Development Team to understand Reporting requirements.
- Used forward engineering approach for designing and creating databases for OLAP model
- Used Teradata utilities such as Fast Export, MLOAD for handling various tasks
- Developed, and scheduled variety of reports like cross-tab, parameterized, drill through and sub reports with SSRS.
- Developed SQL scripts for loading data from staging area to confidential tables and worked on SQL and SAS script mapping.
- Implemented systems that are highly available, scalable, and self-healing on the AWS platform.
- Worked on data analysis, data profiling, source to target mapping, Data specification document for the conversion process.
- Worked with system architects to create functional code set cross walks from source to target systems.
- Wrote ETL transformation rules to assist the SQL developer.
- Periodically interacted with Business and the Configuration teams to gather requirements, address design issues and made data driven decision and proposed solutions.
- Performed component integration testing to check if the logics had been applied correctly from one system to other system.
- Maintained the offshore team for the updates and project required details.
Environment: Erwin, T-SQL, OLTP, AWS, PL/SQL, OLAP, Teradata, SQL, ETL, SAS, SSRS.