- 6+ years of strong experience in MS SQL Server and BI development
- Expertise in creating and using joins, Stored Procedure, User defined functions, Views, Triggers, schemas and Complex queries on SQL Server Management Studio
- Expert on installing and configuring MS SQL Server 2012\2014\2016\2019
- Experience in SDLC (Software Development Life Cycle) involving System analysis, Design Development & Implementation using Waterfall methodology and agile methodology.
- Extensive working experience in Normalization and De - Normalization techniques for both OLTP and OLAP systems in creating Database Objects like tables, Constraints and Indexes.
- Strong experience in building Data Integration, Workflow Solutions and Extract, Transform, and Load (ETL) solutions for data warehousing using SQL Server Integration Service (SSIS)
- Extensive experience in implementing event driven Error handlings and package logs.
- Expertise in Merging data from various Heterogeneous Data sources, Populating Dimension and Fact tables in Data warehouses and Data Marts, Cleaning and Standardizing data loaded into OLTP and OLAP databases using SSIS.
- Hands on Experience on SSIS package deployment and scheduling.
- Expertise in creating various SSRS Reports like Charts, Filters, Sub-Reports, Scorecards, Drilldown and Drill-Through, Cascade, Parameterized reports that involved conditional formatting.
- Worked with end users/customers to understand business requirements, recommended technical solutions and documented functional requirements.
- Expert in using SQL Server Agent to Schedule and monitor Jobs.
- Hands on experience in tuning T-SQL (DDL and DML) queries to improve the database performance and availability.
Operating Systems: Windows 2000/XP/7/8/10
Databases: MS SQL Server 2012/2014/2017/2019
ETL Tools: DTS (Data transformation services), SQL Server Integration Services (SSIS)
Reporting Tools: SQL Server Reporting Services (SSRS), Power BI
Data Mining Tools: SQL Server Analysis Services (SSAS)
Database Tools: SQL Profiler, Database Engine Tuning Advisor, SSMS, SQL Agents
Language skills: Transact SQL (T-SQL)
ETL SQL Developer
- Analyzed business data requirements to create relevant ETL processes, including technical specifications, source and target schema maps, transformation rules and ETL flows
- Created SSIS process design and extracted data from diverse data sources such as share point, sales force, my SQL and FTP client servers and loaded to SQL Server Staging Database
- Developed stored procedures and triggers to facilitate consistent data entry into the database
- Participated in data type conversion, union all, merge, multicast, Derived column, look up, conditional split SQL task, Script task and Send Mail task transformations
- Participated in SSIS package development, deployment and scheduling
- Implemented Event Handlers and Error Handling in SSIS packages
- Participated in creating SSIS Packages with Parameters, local and environmental variables, XML configuration and check points.
- Participated in configuring Data Flow source and destination connection strings
- Scheduled Jobs for DTS packages
- Used BCP/Bulk Insert to publish table output to text files
- Implemented Auditing using triggers
- Created schema objects, rules and granted roles to the users.
- Developed SSIS Templates that can be used to develop SSIS Packages such a way that they can be dynamically deployed into Development, Test and Production Environments
- Worked with client/business analysts to define data requirements for enterprise analytical reporting needs.
- Designed and developing the automated routines (scripts etc.) to facilitate the application development and deployment process.
- Maintained DB schema and code change management using TFS and Redgates SQL compare.
- Maintained the product application data which is critical in product lifecycle and efficiently implementing the data migration in each release.
- Implementing the heartbeat product role-based security which defines access to each individual functionality based on their role-based permissions.
- Involved in database design, application development of health benefits functionality and developed mission-critical benefits eligibility exception report.
- Developed SQL routines for complex, enterprise-level application development tasks involving hierarchical tree structures.
Tools: and Technologies: ETL, SSIS, XML, TFS, Redgate SQL, MS SQL Server 2012/2014/2017 /2019 , DTS, MySQL, SDLC.
SQL Database /ETL Developer
- Prototyped the ETL solution using SQL server 2008 R2 Change Data Capture (CDC).
- Worked on Extracting, Transforming and Loading (ETL) data from Excel, Flat file, to MS SQL Server by using DTS and SSIS services.
- Created packages in SSIS with error handling
- Designed packages and data mapping using Control flow task, Sequence container task, Dataflow Task, Execute SQL Task, Data conversion task, Derived Column task and Script Task in SSIS Designer.
- Worked with different methods of logging in SSIS.
- Involved in complete SSIS life cycle in creating SSIS packages, building, deploying and executing the packages in both the environments (Development and Production).
- Involved in daily loads (Full & Incremental) into Staging and ODS areas, troubleshooting process, issues and errors using SQL Server Integration Services (SSIS) 2008.
- Used Microsoft Reporting Service (SSRS) with Report authoring, Report management, Report delivery and Report security.
- Modified existing reports by adding new logic and deleting existing logic as the line of Business changes periodically Created Tabular reports, Matrix reports, List reports, Parameterized reports, Sub reports, Ad hoc reports (SSRS).
- Exported reports in various formats like MS Excel, PDF, MS Word, Text and CSV.
- Migrated reports from Development to Production.
- Used Power BI for creating Dashboards over the database system in monthly and weekly basis
- Created Tabular reports, Matrix reports, List reports, Parameterized reports, Sub reports, Ad hoc reports (SSRS).
- Responsible for data analysis, loading data from Data feed to Data Warehouse tables.
- Performed database transfers and queries tune-up, integrity verification, data cleansing, analysis and interpretation.
- Participated in relational database modelling (conceptual, logical and physical) and normalization
- Worked in designing and optimizing various T-SQL database objects like tables, views, stored procedures, user defined functions, indexes and triggers.
- Created check constraints to maintain data integrity.
- Participated in creating Joins and sub-Queries to simplify complex queries involving multiple tables
- Designed and implemented a trigger based historical data change capture audit mechanism.
- Developed complex stored procs which consumes and exports data in XML to support payroll/benefits data exchange.
- Designed and implemented data marts using dimensional modeling for clients KPI reporting requirements.
- Designed ETL SSIS packages to load data into the data warehouse on daily basis to perform the incremental historical data load from source to staging environment and into the enterprise data warehouse.
- Partnered with the business to determine end user database/reporting needs and requirements.
Tools: and Technologies: ETL, SSIS, SSRS, Power BI, XML, SDLC, TFS, Redgate SQL, MS SQL Server 2012/2014/2017/2019 , DTS, T-SQL, MS Office Tools.
SQL Server Developer
- Designed SQL SSIS Packages in Business Intelligence Development Studio (BIDS), to extract data from various data sources such as Access database, Excel spreadsheet, and flat files into SQL Server, for further Data Analysis and Reporting by using multiple transformations provided by SSIS such as Data Conversion, Conditional Split, Bulk Insert, merge and union all.
- Created complex Stored Procedures, Triggers, Functions, Indexes, Tables, Views, SQL joins and other T-SQL code to implement business rules
- Designed and implemented data access stored procedures and triggers for automating tasks.
- Performed standard QA-Testing of SSIS Packages.
- Have good business analytical and technical knowledge in Healthcare Membership, Benefits and Provider Modules in FACETS.
- Involved in Designing and deploying cubes in SSAS environment using Snowflake and Star Schema Designs for the Tabular, OLAP, Operational data.
- Designed MDX queries to retrieve data from SSAS cubes.
- Created Data Transformation tasks like BCP, BULK INSERT to import/export data from clients.
- Generated reports for end user requirements using SSRS developed reports on to the server for the end users.
- Experience in Event Logging, Resource management, Log files, File and File Groups, Security, Backup and Recovery.
- Data migration (import & export - BCP) from Text to SQL server.
- Supported Application Development team with any database issues, updates or new releases.
- Support included deadlock issues, best practices in structuring SQL Queries, debugging unexpected SQL results, etc.
Tools: and Technologies: ETL, SSIS, SSRS, SSAS, OLAP, MDX, XML, SDLC, TFS, Redgate SQL, MS SQL Server 2012/2014/2017/2019 , DTS, T-SQL, MS Office Tools.