- Around 7 years of programming experience as an Oracle PL/SQL Developer in Analysis, Design, and Implementation of Business Applications using Oracle Relational Database Management System (RDBMS).
- Expertise in database design and development on client/server applications using Oracle 11g/10g/9i/8i, SQL, and PL/SQL
- Involved in all phases of the SDLC (Software Development Life Cycle) from analysis, design, development, testing and maintenance with timely delivery.
- Worked extensively on Stored Procedures, Triggers, Functions and Packages.
- Experience with Data flow diagrams, Entity relation modeling and design techniques.
- Involved in creating database objects like tables, views, materialized views, procedures and packages using oracle tools like Toad, PL/SQL Developer and SQL plus.
- Involved in data loading using PL/SQL and SQL Loader.
- Good experience in writing UNIX shell.
- Used Bulk Collections for better performance and easy retrieval of data, by reducing context switching between SQL and PL/SQL engines.
- Involved in Performance tuning using various tools like EXPLAIN PLAN, SQL*TRACE, TKPROF and AUTOTRACE.
- Expertise in working with built - in packages like DBMS LOB, DBMS SQL, DBMS SHEDULER, DBMS DDL, UTL FILE
- Experience in working with different operating systems like Windows,UNIX and Linux.
- Ability to work independently and adapt quickly to new and emerging technologies.
- Excellent communication, interpersonal, analytical skills and strong ability to perform as part of a team.
Databases: Oracle, MS SQL Server & MYSQL
Scripting: UNIX Shell Scripting
Languages: SQL, PLSQL, CORE JAVA, J2EE, UNIX, C & C++.
Tools: SQL Developer, TOAD, SQL plus, PUTTY, WINSCP.
Data Modeling: Erwin 7.3, SQL Developer, Toad.
Operating Systems: Windows, UNIX, Linux.
Ticketing Tools: BMC Remedy, JIRA.
Version Control: CVS, SVN, Clear Case & GitHub
Software Methodologies: Agile & Waterfall
Confidential, Jersey City, NJ
Oracle PL/SQL Developer
- Responsible for Analysis, Design, Coding, Debugging and testing the processes/programs that are necessary to extract data from Operational Databases, transforming and cleaning the data and loading it to data ware house.
- Worked in an Agile Environment and participated in requirement gathering.
- Involved in both front-end and back-end development using simple and complex SQL/PLSQL like Stored Procedures/Functions/Package/Triggers, Collections & REF Cursors as per Business Requirements.
- Analyzed and designed relational databases using ER Studio and Erwin Data Model Tool.
- Creation of database objects like tables, views, synonyms, materialized views using Oracle tools like PL/SQL developer.
- Created PL/SQL scripts to extract the data from the operational database into simple flat text files using UTL FILE package.
- Created Database links to connect to remote databases and to be able to pull data, perform joins to manipulate the data.
- Coordinated with the front end design team to provide them with the necessary stored procedures and packages and the necessary insight into the data.
- As the project deals with huge amount of usage data, Partitioned tables to enhance the performance, manageability, availability and eliminate the down time on frequently used usage related tables.
- Developed Database Triggers to enforce Data integrity and additional Referential Integrity.
- Involved in creating unix shell scripting.
- Involved in performance tuning using tools like EXPLAIN PLAN, SQL*TRACE & TKPROF.
Environment: Oracle Database 11g, PL/SQL, SQL, TOAD, Erwin, Unix shell scripts and XML.
Oracle PL/SQL Developer
- Worked in an Agile Environment and participated in requirement gathering, analysis and design.
- Designed Logical and physical data models for BN database schemas using Erwin.
- Worked on the bulk uploading of huge amounts of statistical data to the database.
- Wrote loader scripts using SQL Loader/External tables to load large tables.
- Responsible for developing and modifying several PL/SQL packages procedures, functions, views and triggers using PL/SQL to effectively in corporate Business rules.
- Involved in writing the database triggers to furnish the audit details.
- Involved in creating complex views that require complex joins.
- Creating and modifying several Unix Shell scripts according to the changing needs of the project and client requirements.
- Developed SQL queries to provide reports to business team.
- Involved in Extraction, Transformation and Loading (ETL) of the data in the table for Oracle database.
- Worked on SQL Loader to extract data from flat files obtained from various sources using standard packages like UTL FILE & DMBS SQL.
- Scheduled the Jobs for loading data using DBMS SCHEDULER.
- Optimized/Tuned SQL/PLSQL by obtaining Explain Plan, analyzing tables, providing hints, and adding Indexes to improve database response time and performance for several applications.
- Debugging Procedures & Functions and improving the performance of application.
Environment: Oracle 11g, SQL, PL/SQL, SQL LOADER, Erwin and Unix Shell Scripts.