- 20 Year Certified SQL Server Developer ETL EDI with C#/.Net
- 17 years Remote SQL Engineer and Software Architect for Confidential
- Custom Production System that supplies fabric for 1,200,000 vehicles annually.
- 8 databases, 373 tables, 100’s of queries, 192 Reports, dozens of stored procedures and functions.
- Optimized database performance with SQL Server Extended Events and Execution Plans…that’s the best way.
- Backup: SQL Agent jobs create Full/Differential scheme to provide restore capability within 30 minute window.
- ETL: 15 - minute rotation using SSIS and T-SQL to update Accounting data into Production system.
- Optimized for speed to transfer only new and modified data.
- Automated EDI system to exchange shipment and invoice data with customers and suppliers.
- Developed EDI Maps using SQL and ODBC to read/write directly from SQL Server database.
- EDI system is fully integrated with plant ERP system. Users interface with EDI via my custom system.
- Worked with company president, office staff, factory workers, suppliers, and customers.
- Worked with American, Japanese, and Chinese plant personnel to gather requirements.
- Calculated budgets and schedules for over $2,000,000 of development projects.
- Integrated system with diverse systems: Accounting, EDI, Conveyor, and Inspection.
- An hour of plant downtime costs $35,000; thus I gained experience in high-availability, continuous deployment, and full-lifecycle development (i.e. design, coding, debugging, testing, validation).
- I will get them done. I can start from scratch or from your existing code.
- I test calculations until they match to the penny, and measure SQL and IO durations to prevent bottlenecks.
- I write optimized code that runs smoothly for years; the Confidential supply chain still uses code I wrote in 2003, because I optimized it for speed and efficiency.
- I write original code; I don’t copy it off the internet and don’t add some unknown package every time I encounter a new requirement. Packages have their place, but eventually they will slow your system down.
SQL Server: T-SQL, Triggers, Indexes, Functions, Stored Procedures
Other: ETL, EDI / X-12, VMware, Virtualization, Microsoft Windows Server, IIS, Gentran Server
Confidential, Lugoff, SC
Contract Lead Software Architect and Developer
- Developed eight SQL Server databases using T-SQL, Views, Indexes, Functions, and Stored Procedures.
- Used C# and SQL Server in ASP.Net system to integrate Orders, Releases, Shipping/Receiving, Inventory, Batch Control, Reporting, Transactions, Barcode Scanners, and Interface with Accounting System.
- Developed Windows apps using C# and SQL Server for manufacturing functions: Inspection, Pull Down, Greige Weight, Plant Scheduling, Workcenter, Dye Scheduling, and Dye Recipe.
- Automated Gentran EDI system to exchange shipment and invoice data with customers and suppliers.
- Provided leadership for requirements development and guided plant personnel through interviews.
- Created disaster recovery scheme for plant maintenance staff using VMware virtualization.
- Developed color-coded, condition-based reporting technique rendered from browser to Excel.
Confidential, Blythewood, SC
- Created a single class to parse 200 message types from federal system. This eliminated 200 functions.
- Develop WCF interface for state-to-state access to driver license information.
- Develop multi-function web service to standardize calling requirements from legacy COBOL.
- Improve web service speed by employing threads to complete database operations.
Confidential, Jenkinsville, SC
Contract Software Engineer
- Fixed struggling report app with C# ASP.Net by formatting extracted data into HTML tags and rendering to Excel. In the rendered report, cells were colored and formatted based on values, dates, and custom calculations.
- Developed ASP.Net Metrics and Statistical Reporting algorithm class. Rendered reports in Excel and Word.
- Promoted use of MVC to replace older WebForm apps.
Confidential, Columbia, SC
- Developed Azure .NET WFC Web Services as Middle-Tier for Homeowners Insurance platform with C# and SQL Server.
- Designed and developed Azure SQL Server Database as Back-End for Homeowners Insurance platform.
- Developed Azure C# nightly processing system to process cancellations, generate PDF invoices and cancellation notices, and process payments. Generated PDFs for automated printing and mailing.
- Used Azure C# to develop balance-tracking system which calculated over- and under-payments, cancellation refund amounts, state tax, and cancellations due to under payments. Created import files for accounting system.
- Coded custom JSON communications with internal and external Web Services.
- Used C# and SQL Server for Insurance Forms: (a) PDF Templates were stored as binary in Azure database; (b) templates were programmatically populated with customer data; (c) populated forms were stored as binary in database; (d) PDFs were transmitted to frontend via Base64 encoding.