Self - motivated and customer focused IT Professional with extensive experience as a software engineer and Oracle Financials functional and Technical support analyst; proven ability to create and deliver solutions and tools that meet corporate objectives and customer requirements. Strong in application design, implementation, integration testing, system support, customer support, and problem-solving skills; experience with design, development, and support of technology solutions and processes focused on Oracle E-Business Suite modules including Financials, knowledge with custom and package technical application; Bilingual: Spanish/English
- 17+ years of IT experience.
- 10+ years of experience in support of Oracle ERP applications.
- 9+ years Oracle application experience with various financial modules and shared modules including but not limited GL, AR, AP, FA, SLA, and CM.
- Expertise with configuration and setups for Oracle Financials modules and shared modules.
- Preparation and maintenance of implementation documents.
- Knowledge and familiarity in underlying Oracle ERP applications database architecture.
- Knowledge of Oracle database and development tools (SQL, PL/SQL, SQL Plus, Forms, Reports).
- Knowledge of Systems Development Lifecycle.
- Knowledge and familiarity with Oracle AIM methodology.
- Knowledge and familiarity with Project Management practices.
- Knowledge and familiarity with the CMMI framework.
- Knowledge and familiarity with ITIL practices.
Senior Developer ANALYST
- Responsible for technical and functional support of Oracle Financials for Confidential. The Primary functions of my position are but not limited to supporting Financial users on both functional and technical issues.
- Maintain and modify Application Configurations and technical processes, modify and create Ah doc reports and create interfaces (SQL and PL/SQL), develop a solution to solve and enhance financial processes. Provide recommendations and guidance to the management about addressing and resolving business issues and best practice.
- In regards, new projects; gather requirements, analyze, create design documents, perform impact analysis for application changes, and developed new interface programs and report with SQL and PL/SQL.
- Support users with Month, Quarter and Yearend Financial Closing processes.
- Lead offshore support and implementation teams.
- Led Integration (financial modules) for five new companies into our ERP.
- Improvement of Custom Sales reporting. Reduction on running time and accuracy of data, the reports used to two hours, and after enhancement, it takes 30 minutes)
- Closed old Issue Trak tickets.
- Solved over 60 old tickets(ticket inherited from the previous analyst they were some of them were about two years old).
- I created an interface to pull balances and transaction from Oracle GL to feed the Hyperion system.
- I automated the loading of expense’s journals in General Ledger. They use to load all manually with Web ADI (excel), and I create a procedure, interface tables and loader process to automate the process, they reduce the process time from 6 hours to 20 minutes.
- I automated the loading of payroll’s journals in General Ledger. They use to load all manually with Web ADI (excel), and I create and procedure with pl/SQL to replace the process. It reduced the loading time from three days to 15 minutes and eliminated human errors.
- Part of the new IT security board, participating on identifying Its security issues and implementing plans/processes to improve IT security.
- Organized bi-weekly meeting with Finance managers, to improve communication with the business and determine priorities.
Oracle Techno-Functional Financials CONSULTANT
- Coordinate between operations both internal and external financial systems including 80 systems located worldwide.
- Responsible for IT process during month /quarterly/year end for the closing of books and reporting to corporate.
- Responsible of running, maintain and modify Application Configurations and processes including but not limited; revaluation, custom revaluation, mass allocation, recurring entries, SLA definition, flex fields (both creation and maintenance), security rules and profile options.
- Provide recommendations and guidance to address and resolve business issues; gather requirements, analyze, create design documents, and perform impact analysis for application changes.
- Responsible for providing documentation and evidence on audits including but not limited: ITIL, SOX, and Corporate audits.
- Upgraded the Oracle Application Financials system from version 11i to version R12.
- I worked in addressing custom program to remediate changes in table and fields ( SQL and PL/SQL).
- Assist the integration team on implementation of Hyperion Finance Management system to consolidate the information from all the companies, sub-ledgers, around the world - including associates, joint ventures, external ERPs and others.
- Assisted with the integration of 10 new companies
Oracle Financials technical Support
- Led the Oracle technical support team, supporting the centerpiece and custom finance data-warehouse.
- Trained new team members of the Oracle support team; organized monthly meetings with Finance and IT team leaders to review advances and status on projects; interfaced Development, assisted users with problems and resolve technical issues in Oracle general Financial ledger module; performed test plans, test cases, test scripts, and functional testing. 24X7 on-call support for critical issues
- Developed solutions to leverage Oracle ERP application functionality and suggested process improvements for general ledger modules.
- Worked with existing systems to track and manage requests and issues providing business reports to management and clients.
- Assisted with AppWorx applications upgrade to Ver. 6 to Ver. C4 V8.
- Testing and analysis patching impact during of upgrade of Data Base from ver. 10g to 11i.
- I delivered 1254 enhancements hours and 98% of ticket solution on time per month. (SQL and PL/SQL programs mostly)
Oracle Financials Technical Support Leader
- Led the Oracle technical support team located in Beijing, supporting users taught new team members on the Oracle support team; production support of custom program in PL/SQL; performed test plans, test cases, test scripts and functional testing; created and maintained system documentation; provided business reports to management and clients.
- 24X7 on-call support for critical issues
- Organized monthly meetings with Finance team leader to review advances and status on projects.
- I developed solutions to leverage Oracle ERP application functionality and suggested process improvements for the general ledger module.
Oracle Financials Technical Support
- Created and maintained system documentation; provided business reports to management and users.
- I Monitored AppWorx process related to General Ledger close during month end.
- I Assisted users with problems and resolved issues with Oracle application modules GL and AP.