I am looking for a senior level DB2 UDB Systems Architect or DBA position in the UNIX/AIX environment. I offer very strong leadership and technical skills for systems architect and database administration roles and also excellent communication skills.
Operating Systems/Software: SUSE Linux 9 and 10, AIX, PL/1,COBOL,C,Korn and bash Shell, SQL and Q replication.
Database Admin Advisor
Confidential, New Haven, Connecticut
- Provide DBA support for large scale in - sourcing project, moving database support back to internal teams from offshore.
- Provide traditional DBA support of large scale DB2 databases on AIX. Lead DB2 upgrade project from v9.5 to v9.7.
- Develop performance monitoring and tuning methodologies.
- Perform mentoring and training to DBA staff. Developed proficiency with Optim Performance Manager and other Optim DB2 products.
- Established best practices and standards for DB2 environment.
Senior DB2 Architect/Administrator
Confidential, Charlottesville, Virginia
- Lead systems DBA in support of several high-volume mission-critical databases, performing system design, troubleshooting, monitoring, capacity planning, space management, overall configuration support, performance tuning, installs, and fixpack maintenance.
- Position requires in-depth technical knowledge of DB2 internals, tools, snapshot monitoring, utilities in a fast-paced, highly complex environment.
- Environment is UDB 8.2, 9.5, and 9.7 on SUSE Linux versions 9 and 10, HADR, Q replication.
- Current project is migrating all database environments from version 8.2 to 9.7. In addition migration planning, bi-directional Q replication using Replication Server architecture is being implemented for fall back protection, and to rebuild production databases for compression and other new function with minimal downtime.
- This position requires in-depth technical knowledge of SAN storage, networking, MQ administration, application impacts, strategic long term planning.
- Duties include giving advice to management on hardware sizing, SAN storage requirement planning, network capacity planning, working with development on proper of use of SQL for high performance, strategic planning to implement new database functionality in new releases, providing guidance to junior level administrators.
DB2 UDB DBA
Confidential, Kansas City, MO
- Senior DBA responsible for physical administration of massive 20+TB production data warehouse as well as development environments.
- Performed traditional physical DBA tasks such as problem determination and resolution, performance monitoring and tuning using snapshot functions, identifying problem SQL and performance bottlenecks, schema changes, configuration changes, working with developers, explain analysis, working problems with Confidential support.
- Required in-depth knowledge of performing DBA tasks in a massive parallel environment.
- Required strong korn shell scripting skills to maintain complex scripts. Involved in a migration project from a 55 physical node 232 logical node environment to a new hardware environment consisting of 16 physical nodes and 112 logical nodes, implementing the Balanced Configuration Unit specification.
- Responsibilities include implementing new DB2 features as much as possible, such as MDC.
DB2 UDB Consultant
Confidential, Austin, TX
- Lead DB2 DBA, responsible for building DB2 AIX environments in support of semiconductor manufacturing systems.
- Involves all aspects of DB2 administration, such as installation and fixpack maintenance, backups, troubleshooting, performance monitoring and tuning, working with developers.
DB2 UDB Consultant
Confidential, Atlanta, GA
- Provide in-depth DB2 expertise for the development of a internet based DB2 performance monitor.
- The software product will proactively detect potential problems in the database environment and when possible, automatically perform the steps necessary to resolve the problem.
- My role is to work closely with developers in determining what problems can be detected proactively, and what steps to take when an alert is generated.
- This project requires extensive knowledge of the various types of performance monitoring snapshots, database configuration parameters, and commands necessary to administer the database environment.
- Where automated solutions are not possible, the software will provide detailed written instructions on steps to take to resolve performance and availability problems.
Confidential, Austin, TX
- Provide in-depth DB2 UDB expertise in the development of performance and administration tools related to UDB.
- Consult with software architects, developers, QA in design, coding, and testing of utilities and performance monitoring tools.
- Set up and configure EE and EEE testing and research environments.
- Requires extensive knowledge and understanding of UDB configuration parameters, internals, access path and factors affecting performance.
- Develop in-house utilities to test software and conduct research, such as stress testing simulation scripts, written primarily in C and Korn Shell.
- Work is primarily on AIX and Windows platforms, EE and EEE 7.1 and 8.1 beta.
- Provide DB2 UDB administration services for a software development company.
- Responsibilities include installation and configuration of UDB on AIX and NT servers.
- Provide guidance to programmers on procedures for program development with DB2; assist external customers with setting up their DB2 environment to work with the company’s products.
- Specific projects have been migrating the Oracle data model to DB2, and developing procedures to populate a data warehouse from operational data.
- Provided technical assistance and support for various companies on the use of database systems for the Confidential platform, DB2 UDB and DB2/OS390.
- These responsibilities have included project planning, installation, problem determination, and performance related activities.
- Installation and configuration of DB2 UDB 5.1 and 6.1, DataPropagator, DB2 Connect. Configured DB2/OS390 for data-sharing in a research environment.
- Installed and configured DB2 EEE 5.1 on the Confidential SP2 platform and set up procedures for loading parallel database.
- Extensive production experience with DB2 UDB in the AIX and NT environment, including the parallel database environment.
Confidential, Atlanta, GA
- Provided technical DB2 support for the company’s customers. Received extensive formal Confidential training in DB2 UDB and AIX.
- Traveled extensively on short-term assignments to customer sites where I performed installation, configuration services for UDB and provided knowledge transfer/training to the customer.
Confidential, Chattanooga, TN
- Traditional DB2 systems programming responsibilities have included installation, maintenance, and daily production support of DB2/OS390 and related products,such as QMF, BMC Alter, DB2PM, File - Aid/DB2, and Omegamon. Activities include problem determination, trouble-shooting, performance monitoring and tuning; consulting with DBAs on database design and proper usage of DB2 components, such as packages, stored procedures, etc. Extensive knowledge of DB2 internals and utilities.
- Worked extensively with Confidential support in troubleshooting DB2 internals, dumps, IPCS, RSVSF.
- Developed automated system for production backups, reorgs, runstats, space management.
- Developed and implemented disaster recovery procedures for offsite recovery of production DB2 environments.
- Technical systems project leader for QPP (Beta) programs for DB2/MVS releases 2.3, 3.1, and 4.1.
- Distributed or client/server experience included support of all aspects of DB2 UDB and DB2 Connect in a mission-critical production environment. This includes installation, maintenance, and configuration, as well as problem determination, performance monitoring, backups, reorgs, and consulting with DBAs on procedures and usage.
- Installation and configuration of DB2 UDB EEE on a four-node SP2 performing R&D for a data warehousing project.
- Past responsibilities include IMS systems programming; responsible for PSB, DBD gensbackups, reorgs, utilities, problem determination.
- Three years application programming experience supporting financial applications.