Over twenty - five years in the business of data processing, specializing in the use of high power databases to design and develop business intelligence and decision support systems. Architect of the system-wide data warehouse for the Confidential . I’ve been an individual contributor the last six years in an Agile environment and greatly enjoy my direct business customer interaction and delivering data marts, reporting objects, or reporting that provides them with what they need to run the business.
SQL (Teradata 6yrs BTEQ/MLOAD/FLOAD/, Oracle 15yrs PL*SQL/SQL*Loader, Sybase 9yrs T-SQL, DB2 15yrs, SQL*Server 15yrs)
Shell Script (KSH, BASH) 15yrs
Business Objects (Webi, Crystal Reports) 6yrs
Tableau 8 1yr
WebFOCUS/FOCUS 30yrs (MRE, MODIFY/MAINTAIN, Admin, ETL, Report Caster, Visual Discovery, Report writing)
Visual Studio, WSAD 20yrs
Sr. Staff Programmer Analyst
- Have automated reporting and processing that used to take person weeks of effort each month.
- Produce data for many regulatory filings and audits to maintain licensing.
- Fulfill Corporate Counsel request for both ad-hoc reporting and self-service reporting tools
- Produced the Corporate Portal reporting which provides detail for a daily dashboard that I produce for the executives of the company.
- Also participate in data mining/what if exercises to make sure we have properly identified the KPIs for the company across time and that other new/retired business offerings/products/decisions don’t create unforeseen business/support issues.
- Partner with different groups and junior programmers to share my expertise with them.
- Architect of the system-wide data warehouse. Selected hardware, software, and related reporting products.
- Established service level, maintenance, and backup requirements. Interfaced with Customers and Individual Universities on business questions and data acquisition
- Sybase DBA
- Websphere development team for Portlet, DW UI, security (shibboleth), and OLTP applications as required.
- Rewrote Bill of Materials processing to take advantage of internal database addressing to reduce processing time from several hours to under ten minutes. This was incorporated to the NT corporate package and distributed to all locations, internationally.
- Made multiple improvements to their physical inventory and work in process software packages which made the software more user friendly, thereby reducing errors and increasing single touch entries.
- Converted manual order tracking to database system for WIP in distribution
- Created extracts from HP and mainframe systems, and loaded them into mainframe FOCUS for comprehensive reporting for back-orders, inventory WIP, and inventory planning reporting.