A Senior Oracle PL SQL Developer with 7+ years of experience as an Oracle Developer for major clients and have been recognized with several Performance awards. Highly creative developer who can always be trusted to come up with a new approach.
- Understanding and Collecting requirements from Business user side or Business Analyst and try to convert that requirement to SQL queries or PL SQL
- Having 7+ Years of IT experience as an Oracle PL SQL Developer, involved in Requirement Gathering, analysis, Design, Development, Unit Testing, Production Deployment and Support
- Use different strategies of database development to meet the client functional requirements
- Expertise in SQL and PL SQL programming, developing complex code units
- Creating PL/SQL Packages, Procedures, Functions, Dynamic SQL
- Creating Views and Materialized Views
- Creating Triggers, Writing Exception handling
- Creating Indexing, Hints, Creation of global temporary tables and table partitioning
- Handle data migration/conversation using SQL*Loader, SQL *PLUS and using SQL Developer Import & Export. Generate validation scripts for validating data load from staging area to production.
- Create indexes on tables and partitioning the table for SQL tuning purpose
- Used PL SQL Tables, Cursors to process huge volumes of data and used bulk bind, bulk collect for mass update as performance improvement process.
- Extensive experience in Performance Tuning of SQL queries & Views using Explain Plan, SQL Trace and TKPROF utilities.
- Experience with Project life cycle management and Testing Cycles like Unit Testing, SIT, UAT and Production Deployments
- Experience in developing SQL Loader control programs and PL/SQL.
- Involved in data movement utilities such as expdp , impdp .
- Analyzed IFW reports and ASH reports for Performance bottlenecks .
- Expertise in Incident Management, Problem Management (PBI), change management, Change Request, RFC (Request for Change). Experience in Unix, Linux using basic commands.
- Developed normalized Logical and physical database models to design OLTP system
RDBMS: Oracle 12c/ 11g/10g/9i, Sybase, SQL Server, MySQL
Languages: SQL, PL/SQL,C#, Shell Scripting, Perl, Power Shell Scripting
Operating Systems: UNIX(AIX), Sun Solaris and Windows NT
Oracle Tools: SQL*Loader, TOAD, Forms Builder 10g/9i/6i, Reports Builder 10g/9i/6i
GUI: Developer/2000 Forms 10g/9i/6i, Reports 10g/9i/6i
Other tools: Sub Version (Microsoft), Git, SVN, Putty
Confidential, Pleasanton, CA
Senior Oracle PL SQL Developer
- Involved in Requirement Gathering, analysis, Design and Development, Testing, Production Deployment and Support activities
- Create PL/SQL Packages, Procedures, Functions, Triggers, Views, materialized views and Exception handling to retrieve, manipulate, check and migrate complex data sets in Oracle
- Perform data migration/conversions using SQL*Loader
- Creating the indexes on tables and partitioning the table for SQL tuning purpose
- Implemented DB Security for DB users
- Responsible for performance tuning activities in the project
- Involve in Performance testing to provide functionalities from application & prepare sample test data
- Populate builds through RTC and RLM deployments (SIT/UAT/PROD) with support for prod application checkouts. Raise CMP requests for RLM onboarding for the new servers
- Raising CMDB request to map servers with ServiceNow.
- Familiar with Service Now to create Change Requests (CR), Incidents (INC)
- Worked on Confidential related employee feeds like GDW, AMC and Forex to receive feeds from the external teams and process the data to database tables
- As part of value add, for GDW job we have created a test job to make sure the exact employee data
- Created code using advanced concepts of Records, Collections and Dynamic SQL.
- Used advanced Bulk techniques (FOR ALL, BULK COLLECT) to improve performance.
- Developed Automated Batch Jobs to perform frequently running jobs.
- Performed SQL and PL/SQL tuning and Application tuning using various tools like EXPLAIN PLAN, SQL*TRACE, TKPROF and AUTOTRACE.
Environment: /Tools: Oracle 11g & 12c, UNIX, TOAD, SQL Developer, PUTTY, Service Now
Senior Oracle PL SQL Developer
- Engagement with customer for requirements gathering, scope and solution planning
- Created and modified the PL/SQL procedure, function according to the business requirement
- Modifying procedures, functions and packages for migrations and upgradation of Database
- Involved in Admin activities like import, export schema, user’s creation and privileges
- Reviewing the PL/SQL code for the purpose of optimizing performance ensuring effective utilization of the indexes used in the SQL or PL/SQL code
- As a member of Production Support team involved in Handling Production Issues reported by Clients
- Worked on materialized views, sequences, synonyms, complex SQL queries using joins, sub queries and inline views to retrieve data from the database
- Developed SQL, PL/SQL procedures, creating new schedule jobs, fixing failed jobs on daily basis
- Involving in creating RFC (Request for change) to implement the changes in production
- Created PL/SQL scripts to extract the data from the operational database into simple flat text files using UTL FILE package.
- Created materialized views using different clauses like FAST, COMPLETE, FORCE, ON COMMIT.
- Used HTP packages to build dynamic webpages from PL/SQL.
- Fixed the existing defects, implementing new logics based on user’s request
Environment: /Tools: Oracle 11g, UNIX, TOAD, SQL Developer, PUTTY, HP SM9
- Creating Webpages HTML and Core Java. Managing Web pages and web sites
- Wrote Stored Procedures, Functions, Packages in SQL*Plus.
- Written database triggers for automatically updating the tables.
- Used stored procedures in Oracle for retrieving data from the database for solving complex queries.
- Wrote Unix Shell Scripts, undertook Code Optimization and Performance tuning of the application.
- Improved the performance of the application by rewriting the SQL queries.
- Worked on client requirement & wrote Complex SQL Queries to generate Crystal Reports.
- Created and automated the regular Jobs.
- Tuned and Optimized SQL Queries using Execution Plan and Profiler.
- Publishing and expiring intranet and internal web pages
- Worked as an Independent resource for solving more than 10 tickets daily
- Involved in Requirement gathering and Designs, Unit and User acceptance testing
- Handled Release management activities for Deployments
Environment: Core Java, HTML, Oracle, Shell Scripts.
Senior SQL Developer
- Development of high - quality database solutions
- Develop, implement and optimize stored procedures and functions using SQL
- Analyze existing SQL queries for performance improvements
- Review and interpret ongoing business requirements. Build appropriate reporting deliverables
- Participated in Analysis phase, preparing technical specification, Development & Testing documents.
- Proactive database-level performance tuning, with a good working knowledge of Oracle internals.
- Involved in User Acceptance testing and Post production support. Ensured that all defects are resolved by team within time.
- Build and maintain Oracle PL/SQL packages and stored procedures (using TOAD and PL/SQL developer), Workflows, and SQR reports as requested by client, for Processing and Analysis.
- Developed UNIX shell scripts and scheduled batch jobs
- Extensively involved in Performing database, SQL's, API's tuning and optimization.
- Coordinated with front-end Developers for implementing logic in stored procedures and functions for faster retrieval of data.
- Undertook Code Optimization and Performance Tuning of the application using Explain Plan, hints, indexing and Partitioning of tables. Develop procedures and scripts for data migration
Environment: /Tools: SQL Developer, Putty, Oracle, TOAD, Unix Shell scripts.