- 7 years of total experience in Information Technology Industry with expertise in Designing and Developing of Tableau Desktop / Tableau Server, Business Objects, SSRS, Crystal Reports, Data Warehouse applications and ETL Informatica.
- Expertise in interacting with Business Partners and domain experts for requirement analysis, project estimates, development life cycle, deployment and testing of various reports.
- Extensive knowledge in various reporting objects like Hierarchies, Transformations, filters, calculated fields, Sets, Groups, Parameters etc., in Tableau Desktop.
- Experienced in developing rich interactive reports, dashboards and other user interface elements integrating various reporting components from multiple sources.
- Presented various reports to senior management and clients to analyze data trends and future forecasting options using Tableau.
- Quickly and effectively diagnosed and responded to service desk requests regarding data integrity and functional or interactive issues in existing and future dashboards .
- Performed detailed data analysis (i.e. determine the structure, content, and quality of the data through examination of source systems and data samples).
- Developed Tableau workbooks from multiple data sources using Data Blending.
- Generated dashboards with Quick filters, Parameters and sets to handle views more efficiently.
- Designed dashboards for measures with forecast, trend line and reference lines.
- Experienced in designing complex dashboards that take advantage of all Tableau functions, including data blending, actions, parameters, and more.
- Translated the business needs into system requirements by communicating with the business on non - technical level and with the System Analyst on technical level .
- Have extensively worked in developing ETL program for supporting Data Extraction, transformations and loading using Informatica Power Center.
- Strong understanding of AGILE and SCRUM methodology and sprint grooming and regular standups.
- Extensively worked with Informatica performance tuning involving source level, target level and map level bottlenecks.
- Experience with dimensional modeling using star schema and snowflake models.
- Understand the business rules completely based on High Level document specifications and implements the data transformation methodologies.
- Worked with CI/CD as part of development and integration process.
- Extracted data from the enterprise data warehouse to support the analytical and reporting for Corporate Business Units
- Proficiency in developing SQL with various relational databases like Oracle, SQL Server.
- Strong SQL Skills related to information retrieval and analysis. Exposure to Client Interaction, User requirement Analysis and Support.
- Ability to use custom SQL for performance improvements using data reduction.
- Thorough knowledge of different RDBMS like Oracle, SQL Server.
- An enthusiastic and project-oriented team player with solid communication skills by communicating clearly and concisely with colleagues and leadership skills by managing groups and delegated responsibilities, planned and coordinated a variety of tasks, solved problems and resolved conflict in the company.
- Proficient in design and development of various dashboards, reports utilizing Tableau Visualizations like bar graphs, scatter plots, pie-charts, geographic visualization and other making use of actions, other local and global filters according to the end user requirement.
- Experience with integration of Tableau with Embedded Views in web applications.
- Extensive experience Designing, Installing, Administration and Developing Crystal Reports using Crystal Reports 2008/2013.
- Extensive experience with BOE clustering of components for resilience and load balancing.
- Good experience with Universe design, Web Intelligence, Desktop Intelligence, creating ad-hoc reports and archiving reports along with performing User acceptance testing and Data accuracy test.
- Experience in generating complex queries by linking data from multiple data providers using free hand SQL, PL/SQL, Stored Procedures, Triggers, Functions and packages with development tools like TOAD and SQL Developer.
- Strong knowledge in all phases of Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC) such as Developing, Testing, Migrating, Administrating, Security Management and 24/7 Production supports.
- Extensive Experience in Business Objects 4.0/XI R3/R2/6.X/5.X (Designer, CMC, Web Intelligence, Desktop Intelligence, Scheduler, Import wizard).
Business Intelligence Tools: Tableau 8.2, 9.1, 10, 10.3/10.5, 2018.2/2018.3 , 2019.2/2019.4 , 2020.1/2020.2 Crystal Reports 2008/2013, SSRS 2005/08/ 08 R2, Business Objects 4.0/XI R3/R2/6.X/5.X, QaaWS, CMC, Designer, Business View Manager, Info View, Web Intelligence.
ETL: Informatica PowerCenter 10.2/9.5/8.6.1
Databases: Oracle 8i/9i/10g/11g, 12c, MS SQL Server.
Operating systems: Windows 2007/2003/XP, Linux, Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint, Project).
Confidential, Cleveland, OH
- Modifying existing reports and to develop new reports by analyzing databases, data sources, and structures for the benefit of internal users.
- Implemented Tableau Dashboard reporting solution for Bank Services group in the organization.
- Replicated bank specific data sources from Cognos to Tableau and created Excel UAT files for comparison.
- Provided support to team with the transition from Cognos to Tableau.
- Recreated bank specific reports and validated data against Cognos reports.
- Replicated the Cognos reports to Tableau and used Action filters, Parameters and LOD calculations, Quick Table calculations, Sets, etc. in Tableau dashboards and worksheets to minimize the complexity.
- Scheduled meetings with users to train them and assist them with the Tableau questions.
- Created and assisted users in Tableau worksheet development and Tableau web edit development.
- Worked in Tableau environment to create dashboards weekly, monthly, daily reports using Tableau desktop & publish them to server.
- Created different views in workbook to visually analyze data.
- Created extracts, published data sources to tableau server, refreshed extract in Tableau server from Tableau Desktop.
- Created parameters and quick filters. Created sets to display top products based on their sale.
- Created Actions in Worksheets and Dashboards for interactivity and to compare data against different views.
- Created Dashboards with interactive views, trends and drill downs.
- Published Workbooks and Dashboards to the Tableau server.
- Combined visualizations into Interactive Dashboards and publish them to the web.
- Created groups and users in Tableau server.
- Extensive experience in creating dashboards using calculations, set actions and parameters in Tableau.
- Created advanced analytical dashboards using Reference Lines, Bands, forecast and Trend Lines.
- Mastered in different formatting techniques, using Annotations and Mark Label.
- Developed effective and interactive Dashboards using Parameters Actions, Set Actions and Highlight Actions.
- Constantly tested SQL for joins and contexts for new object creation.
- Optimize SQL queries for better performance.
- Developed Data Dictionary Tableau report for all data sources and pointed the data dictionary report to excel data source available on SharePoint folder.
- Created quick reference guides for all data source models.
- Provided support for standalone Tableau reports and updated Landing Page Tableau report with weekly UFR metrics.
- Created multiple projects on Tableau server and allocated permissions to users and groups at Project, Workbook and Data Source level.
Environment: Tableau 2019.4 /2020.2 , Desktop/Server, Cognos, Oracle, Microsoft SQL server, Service Now, Zira, MS Excel/Access, Windows 7 professional.
Confidential, Berkeley, MO
- Interacted with users in analyzing the report requirements and developed multi-purpose reports to use across all the departments.
- Participated in Daily stand up meetings with Technical Lead, manager and other developers and also weekly share meetings with Users.
- Created tableau Views, Dashboards and Stories for future analysis and added subscribers to reports on Tableau Server.
- Created advanced chart types, visualizations and complex calculations using Level of Detail expressions to manipulate the data.
- Created and Scheduled Data Extracts for better performance of dashboards with multiple worksheets.
- Effectively used new feature Cross-Database Joins to blend data between different data sources on/after Tableau 2018.3.
- Trained users on using filters and actions created on dashboard effectively and provided subscription instructions to users.
- Created various bar charts like variable-width bar charts, cascade charts and Marimekko charts.
- Exposed to new features like clustering, cross data source filters and Highlighters.
- Published the Reports into the folders in Central Management Console (CMC) and scheduled the reports to run monthly, quarterly, weekly, daily or based on the calendar in CMC.
- Developed Sub reports in order to display data from databases of two different Servers.
- Extensively created Complicated Formulas, functions and Created Reports include formatting options such as Charting, Mapping, Grouping, Sorting, Alerting, Field highlighting, Drill-down and Parameter prompts.
- Maintaining server activities, user activity, and customized views on Server Analysis.
- Created report schedules on Tableau server and Tableau Online.
Environment: Tableau 10.0/10.3, 2018.3, Desktop/Server, Oracle, Microsoft SQL server, Service Now, Team Foundation Server (TFS), MS Excel/Access, Windows 7 professional.
Confidential, Santa Monica, CA
Tableau and ETL Developer
- Development of Tableau reports for CODM mobile game on player engagement and purchase history.
- Reconfigured the Tableau server Permissions and Groups based on engagement, retention period and Revenue access levels.
- Created complex queries against Databricks fact tables and connected the data source to Tableau Desktop.
- SQL query data validation on Databricks and Tableau Desktop.
- Connected to Databricks cluster to refresh extracts for CODM Tableau dashboards.
- Upgraded to Tableau 2018.2 to use latest features like Tableau Extension Gallery, Dashboard Extensions and redesigned and simplified the complex old reports using latest Tableau features.
- Experienced on using Microsoft Analytics services to establish Tableau Data source connection and created Tableau reports.
- Provided user training on new Tableau report updates and features.
- Analyzed business data using SAP Analysis for Office (AFO) service.
- Simplified complex dashboards to give better performance while connected to live connection.
- Redesigned old Tableau reports to use current features and capabilities across multiple teams.
- Developed KPI based mobile & desktop dashboards and used LOD expressions to KPIs for certain functionalities.
- Published Tableau dashboards that use Input Variables on Tableau server.
- Extensively used context filters on Tableau dashboards to improve performance while changing filters.
- Developed dashboards with Set Actions and Parameter Actions to extend user interactivity on dashboards.
- Developed ETL programs using Informatica to implement the business requirements.
- Communicated with business customers to discuss the issues and requirements.
- Created shell scripts to fine tune the ETL flow of the Informatica workflows.
- Involved in enhancements and maintenance activities of the data warehouse including tuning, modifying of stored procedures for code enhancements.
- Effectively worked in Informatica version-based environment and used deployment groups to migrate the objects.
- Used debugger in identifying bugs in existing mappings by analyzing data flow, evaluating transformations.
- Effectively worked on Onsite and Offshore work model.
- Pre and post session assignment variables were used to pass the variable values from one session to other.
- Designed workflows with many sessions with decision, assignment task, event wait, and event raise tasks, used informatica scheduler to schedule jobs.
- Used Informatica file watch events to pole the FTP sites for the external mainframe files.
- Production Support has been done to resolve the ongoing issues and troubleshoot the problems.
- Performance tuning was done at the functional level and map level. Used relational SQL wherever possible to minimize the data transfer over the network.
- Effectively used Informatica parameter files for defining mapping variables, workflow variables, FTP connections and relational connections.
- Identified problems in existing production data and developed one-time scripts to correct them.
- Fixed the invalid mappings and troubleshoot the technical problems of the database.
Environment: Tableau 10, 2018.1/2018.2 Desktop/Server, Data Bricks, AFO, Informatica PowerCenter 10.2/9.5/8.6.1 , Service Now, Zira, ALM, MS Excel/Access, Windows 10 professional.