- MSBI Developer with strong experience in Design, Development and Deployment of Business Intelligence solutions. Experienced in working with development teams, Business analysts and Interacting with end - users. Experience in building Database solutions in Financial space in creating, configuring and deploying various packages in SSIS for Business Intelligence Development. Expertise in developing and deploying various subscription and interactive reports using SSRS, Tableau and Power BI.
- Experience in creating complex T-SQL queries and maintaining RDMS objects which include Common table expressions, User-defined functions, stored procedures, Indexes and Views to implement the Business logic and Performance tuning of the Database.
- Expertise in building Data Integration Workflow Solutions with Extract, Transform and Load (ETL) capabilities for data warehouse using SQL Server Integration Service
- Hands on experience in creating, documenting and deployment of SSIS packages which include Dimensional/Fact tables loading, Incremental loading, and full loading.
- Expertise in Logical, physical, and Dimensional data modeling, Data mapping, and Data normalization, Star Schema / Snowflake Schema, FACT and Dimensional Tables.
- Developed Cubes using SQL Server Analysis Services ( SSAS ) and experience in Developing and extending OLAP Cubes, dimensions and data source views.
- Extensive experience in data analysis and/or reporting along with strong knowledge of database and related technologies (SQL, OLAP, etc.)
- Experience in creating BI report solutions in Power BI, Tableau, Excel and SSRS .
- Design and develop new Power BI solutions and migrating reports from SSRS.
- Extensive experience using Microsoft SQL Server Reporting Service (SSRS) with Report designer, Report manager, and the Report server.
- Experienced in Creating DAX Expressions, create Date to yearly columns and implement partitions in Tabular Models for power BI.
- Worked on Power BI and prepared dashboards using Tableau to make it more attractive.
- Proficient in Alteryx ETL and analytical platform using either preexisting modules or customizing applications to the current task and business rules.
- Working knowledge of R and Python to produce additional visualizations using Plot.ly, Matplotlib, and ggplot.
SQL server versions: 2014, 2012, Familiar with Oracle DBMS, Goldengate
BI Tools: SQL server management studio, SQL workbench, Visual Studio, Power BI, Tableau.
Programming Languages: T-SQL, C#, VB.net R, Python
Productivity Applications: MS Excel, MS Word, MS PowerPoint
Productivity Tools: SQL Workbench, Jira 7.1
Source Control Management Tools: TFS, GitHub and SVN.
Sr. Power BI Developer
- Involved in design, development, data analysis, identifying and gathering business requirements, user testing and maintenance of BI applications and information systems including database management systems MS SQL Server.
- Designed and developed Data models to connect all the incoming/onboarded funds.
- Developed and executed ETL Packages using SQL Server Agent/ SSIS to migrate the incoming transactional data from various systems into the Datawarehouse.
- Maintain/check for data consistency in Cascade suite.
- Create SSRS reports and upload them into Cascade to be previewed by the fund accountants.
- Convert Microsoft access Databases to SQL server databases for Trade Capture Application.
- Extensive use of GIT for code check-in and Confluence for documenting the workflow process.
- Extensive data modelling in SSAS to create cubes for efficient reporting.
- Extract data from Various internal API’s/Databases into PowerBi and create data models to be used by different financial teams.
- Implemented DAX (Data Analysis Expressions) functions for SSAS tabular models and Excel pivot tables.
- Setup Data gateways for on premises data servers Implement row level security to keep report access to specific users in the organization.
- Setup PowerBi report server which can be used for paginated (existing SSRS reports) and new PBI reports.
- Collaborated with team members to streamline and continuously improve reporting solutions. Generated visualization adhoc reports using Alteryx and SSRS.
- Develop Data models for the real estate team for efficient data visualization in Power BI .
- Implemented Power BI gateway to keep Dashboards and reports up to date with on-premise data sources.
Environment: MS SQL Server 2008, SSIS, SSRS, SSMS, Visual Studio 2013, Power pivot, T-SQL, Power BI, MS TFS, JIRA, VB.Net
Power BI Developer
- Involved in the development and implementation of SSIS and SSRS application solutions for various Business units across the organization.
- Translated the Business requirements into workable functional and non-functional requirements at detailed production level using Workflow Diagrams, Sequence Diagrams, Activity Diagrams and Use Case Modeling.
- Developed various reports like Charts, Tables, Matrix, Sub reports and reports using single value parameters, multi-value parameters with Queried and Non-Queried parameters.
- Expertise in writing complex DAX functions in Power BI and Power Pivot.
- Scheduled jobs for executing the stored SSIS packages, which were developed to update the database on daily basis using SQL Server Agent.
- Deploying and Scheduling reports to generate daily, weekly, monthly and quarterly reports.
- Developed stored procedures using T-SQL to retrieve data and used it to generate ad-hoc reports.
- Created SSRS report templates for report development and mentoring others in my team for complex SSRS reports.
- Worked with SQL workbench for Running scripts in Batch mode and comparing schemas from different Databases.
- Created Heatmaps in python using Seaborn for graphical representation of client statistics.
- Created SSIS Packages to load data from sources like Flat files, Excel, OLEDB, and Oracle to SQL Server.
- Improved the performance of SSRS reports by tuning the Stored Procedures and T-SQL queries
- Created SSIS packages with different control flow options and data flow transformations such as Conditional Split, Multicast, Union all and Derived Column etc.
- Created indexed views and worked on slow running SQL queries to improve performance.
Environment: MS SQL Server 2012/2008R2, SSIS, SSRS, Python, T-SQL, Team foundation server (TFS), Tableau, Argos, Linux, Oracle DB, Dynamics365 Financials, SQL Server Management Studio, Visual Studio 2010
- Create Tables, Indexes, Views, Sequences, Constraints, Synonyms and Partitions (Range and List partitions).
- Develop Exception handling process and audit process for each ETL package.
- Extracted data from different systems and designed and developed ETL processes for loading data into the Oracle Database.
- Developed reports like: Tabular reports, Matrix, Drill down, Drill through, Cascading and Map using SSRS SQL Server reporting services.
- Created Ad-Hoc Reports, Sub Reports and Summary Reports for the financial accounting team using R Programming.
- Worked on to build deploy Reports, managing Subscriptions, and creating Snapshot also Report cache.
- Creating quarterly/annual reports to review financial balances.
Environment: Oracle RDMS, R, Python, Argos.