- Leader, visionary IT architect, and developer with strong hands - on technical expertise.
- Demonstrated skills in leading enterprise solution and large scale initiatives.
- Superior analytical ability to simplify and resolve complex business and technical problems.
- Reputation of being the “go-to” person who “gets the job done.”
- Accomplished Enterprise Data Warehouse full lifecycle hands-on implementation practitioner; Best in class database, data management, BI, and Analytics expert.
- A track record of success in cross-functional collaboration and building organizational consensus and winning executive support via power of persuasion.
Confidential - North Chicago, IL
NoSQL/DataHub Developer and Architect
- Built an AWS based application to ingest multi-terabytes of structured and unstructured data, as well as images and various types of documentations and metadata. It included semantics RDF triples, flexible search capabilities and real-time linkage to Hadoop Data Lake, SharePoint, and a variety of company-wide on-premises and cloud data and documentation systems.
- Designed and developed an AWS based multi-terabyte Data Lake application using MarkLogic Data Hub Framework and Nifi. It integrated with SAP, Service Now, Microsoft Project Server, Field Glass, HR User Management and Active Directory systems, plus a variety of other disparate systems. It provided various ODBC and RESTful services to enable Confidential to effectively manage projects, billing, contracts, and resource assignments worldwide while reducing costs. The solution also included numerous reusable components and code generators to enable fast delivery and automation.
- Stood up MarkLogic and Nifi systems, developed Nifi flows, maintained MarkLogic and Nifi system security, performance and turning.
ing, etc.Confidential - Erie, PA
Data Architect (IT Consultant)
- Designed and developed a centralized analytical system on MarkLogic NoSQL DataHub. Responsible for installing and configuring a new MarkLogic system; source and target modeling and schema design; developing data loading and harmonization programs; building various queries and searches to provide business with critical information using XQuery, advanced CTS searches and SPARQL.
- Developed informational data models for a variety of commercial property and casualty insurance areas utilizing IBM Insurance Application Architecture (IAA) framework and ACORD standards.
- Performed as the main data modeler using Erwin/XMLSpy to develop conceptual, logical and physical data models/XSD.
Lead Data Architect
- Developed cloud and on-premises strategic roadmap with detailed multi-year implementation plan to overhaul the entire data management ecosystem including Enterprise Data Warehouse (EDW), DataMart (DM), MDM and BI and Analytics; led the implementation.
- Performed hands-on architecture design, logical and physical modeling, ETL/stored procedure developments; regularly conducted POCs and technical demonstrations.
- Trained and transformed an underperforming DM group to be highly competent and productive; provided technical coaching and assistance.
Confidential - Cincinnati, OH
Group IT Principal Information Architect
- Crafted the company-wide BI, analytics and information management architecture with multi-year phased deployment roadmap; performed detailed architecture planning and technical design and modeling for major BI and analytics implementations;
- Regularly conducted analytic demos and Proofs of Concept (POC) to the business; provided frequent hands-on development, assistance, coaching and support. Perform Data Mapping.
- Delivered operational KPI dashboards and analytics to two major divisions, enabling the leadership and entire divisional management to effectively manage all aspects of operational excellence.
- Managed the DBA group; regularly provided expert assistance and hands-on DBA supports (Oracle, MS SQL Server and Sybase).