- 7+ years of experience in developing BI applications utilizing SQL server, SSRS, Power BI, and Tableau.
- Experienced in data mapping, performance tuning and identifying bottlenecks of sources, mappings, targets and sessions.
- Expertise in designing and implementing reports and dashboards using Tableau, Power BI, DAX, and SSRS.
- Experience in creating tabular reports, matrix reports, parameterized reports, sub reports, and global map reports in both Power BI Desktop and Power BI Cloud Service.
Database: SQL Server 2016, 2014, 2012, 2008/R2
SDLC: Agile, Scrum, Waterfall, and Spiral
Data Modelling: Erwin
Database Programming: T - SQL, Dynamic SQL, MDX, DAX
Development Tools: BIDS, SSDT, SSMS
Analysis Services: SSAS, OLAP Cubes, Tabular Model
Reporting Tools: SSRS, Tableau Desktop, Tableau Prep, Tableau Server, Power BI, Excel Power BI
Source Control/Collaboration Tool: Team Foundation Server (TFS)
Programming Language: Python, R, SAS
Algorithms: Linear Regression, Logistic Regression, Decision Tree, SVM, KNN, Naïve Bayes
Cloud Technologies: MS Azure (IaaS, PaaS, SaaS), Azure SQL, Azure Data Warehouses, BLOB Storage
Power BI Analyst
Confidential | Richmond, VA
Tools and Environment: SQL Server 2016, SSAS, SSMS, SSDT, T-SQL, Erwin, DAX, TFS, Power BI, Power BI Desktop, MS Azure
- Collaborated with senior management, subject matter experts, and IT teams to define business requirements
- Transformed business requirements into functional and nonfunctional requirements.
- Analyzed source OLTP and identified required degenerate dimensions for data warehouse as per new requirements
- Conducted data analysis and data profiling using complex SQL on various sources systems.
- Performed dimensional modeling with ER-win; designed and built relational data mart.
- Developed stored procedures, views, triggers, and queries with SQL Server.
- Created SQL scripts to analyze historical data; extracted required data to support management decisions.
- Designed Power BI graphical solutions with business requirement documents and plans for creating interactive dashboards.
- Determined calculations (measures) to generate new fields in Power BI reports with DAX formulas.
- Enhanced Power BI reports with themes, Q&A, interactions and sync slicers.
- Created hierarchies, calculations, and measures using DAX in Power BI.
- Participated in the configuration of on-premises Power BI gateway to refresh datasets of Power BI reports/dashboards.
- Utilized Power Query in Power BI to Pivot and Un-pivot the data model for data cleansing and data massaging.
- Utilized Power BI gateway to keep dashboards and reports up to-date with on premise sources.
- Implemented several DAX functions for various fact calculations for efficient data visualization in Power BI.
- Identified performance, connectivity and other issues for the applications hosted in Azure platform.
Tools & Environment: SQL Server 2012, Erwin, SSDT, SSAS, Power Bi, T-SQL, MS Excel, MS Azure,
- Actively involved in JRD sessions, gathering business requirements from business users.
- Expanded the Physical Data Model (PDM) for the OLTP application utilizing Erwin.
- Modified existing dimension data model by adding required dimensions and facts using Star schema.
- Wrote regular and recursive CTEs to query hierarchical data for better functionality and performance.
- Redesigned and tuned existing stored procedures, triggers, UDFs, and views to improve the performance of queries.
- Enabled drill through actions in SSAS cubes to retrieve detailed fact information for analytical purposes.
- Analyzed, designed and optimized OLAP cubes in SSAS to store pre-aggregated data for faster report generation.
- Designed analytical dashboards on Power BI to depict critical KPIs, with slicers & dicers enabling end-user to make filters.
- Installed and managed gateways to do automatic data refresh of Power BI datasets.
- Implemented common data scrubbing such as changing data type, grouping rows, and filtering data using Power query and M code in Power BI.
- Configured parameters and functions to extract data from Web APIs within Power BI reports.
- Deployed Power BI gateway to keep dashboards and reports up-to-date with on premise data sources.
- Wrote DAX filters to be used in roles for implementing row level security with in Power BI reports.
- Developed custom calculated measures and other functionalities utilizing DAX in Power BI.
- Built groups, hierarchies and sets to create detail level summary reports and dashboard using KPI's
Power BI Developer
Tools & Environment: SQL Server 2012, T-SQL, SSAS, SSRS, SSMS, SSDT, Erwin, Power BI
- Consulted with clients and internal stakeholders to gather requirements and plan milestones in the research, development, and implementation phases of the project lifecycle.
- Gathered business requirements to facilitate the planning and implementation of a data warehouse.
- Created project artifacts such as business requirements documents, use case document, functional requirements specification, data mapping document, technical specification and detailed design document.
- Designed and created data mapping document (DMD) by analyzing data sources and mapping to data mart schema.
- Developed data reconciliation SQL queries to validate the overall data migration.
- Accessed and transformed massive datasets through filtering, grouping, aggregation, and statistical calculation.
- Integrated Custom Visuals based on business requirements using Power BI desktop.
- Developed complex calculated measures using Data Analysis Expression Language (DAX).
- Generated ad-hoc reports in Excel Power Pivot and shared them using Power BI to facilitate strategic planning.
- Implemented data alerts, subscriptions to receive notification based on data changes on Power BI services.
- Developed custom reports and deployed them on server using Power BI.
- Provided continued maintenance and development of bug fixes for the existing and new Power BI reports.
Confidential | NY
Tools & Environment: SQL Server 2008 R2, T-SQL, SSMS, BIDS, SSAS, SSRS
- Analyzed business requirements, facilitating planning and implementation phases of the OLAP model in JRD meetings
- Participated in JAD meetings to ensure a common understanding with business, development and test teams.
- Encapsulated frequently executed SQL statements into stored procedures to reduce the query execution times.
- Designed the data-warehouse using Star-Schema methodology and converted data from various sources to oracle tables.
- Created data models and data flow diagrams for the to-be process.
- Implemented new and complex calculated members in cubes improve report performance.
- Designed SSAS cube objects such as KPIs, aggregations, perspectives, and translations.
- Designed and implemented SSRS reports such as drill-down, drill-through, sub, and parameterized reports.
- Automated report deliveries to multiple recipients with subscriptions in SSRS.
- Administrated and schedules data driven mailing subscriptions on SSRS Reporting Server.
- Developed complex reports with multiple datasets and sources in SSRS