- To enhance my career in data engineering and software development by contributing skills such as Python, Java, C++, and SQL development in a secure stable work environment that I can gain knowledge and growth to contribute to the success of the company.
- Perform data engineering responsibilities using agile software engineering practices.
- Migrate Matillion pipelines and Looker reports from Amazon Redshift to Snowflake data warehouse.
- Utilized Matillion ETL solution to develop pipeline that extract and transform data from multiple sources and loading to Snowflake.
- Develop Python and SQL used in the transformation process in Matillion.
- Develop and modify LookML code in Looker business intelligence solution.
- Perform the role of Scrum Master on rotational basis with other engineers on my team.
- Utilize GitHub to include version control and peer review for LookML code and Python scripts.
- Utilize Amazon Web Services for our cloud solution such as developing a serverless solution using AWS to encrypt files stored in S3 buckets.
- Developed an auditing system that consists of tables, view, and stored procedures that record the activities of ETL solutions in SQL Server such as records added, deleted, removed, and errors.
- Developed logging system in Python that keeps tracks of the activities in the ETL solutions developed in Python.
- Migrated database tables, views, and stored procedures from MySQL to SQL Server 2012.
- Work with the Data Scientists and Analysts to develop T - SQL queries needed for analytics.
- Develop Python applications using modules such as Pandas that manipulate data in formats such as Excel, CSV, and JSON.
- Use GIT, Sourcetree, and Bitbucket to collaborate on development projects with the Data Architect.
- Provide database administration for the SQL Server environment such as adding users, removing users, configuring permissions, and setting up new databases.
- Troubleshoot and provide data connections for Power BI.
- Tested Amazon Redshift in AWS for potential cloud platform.
Technical Support Specialist
- Restored backups of client databases in SQL Server 2008 R2 and 2012 test environments and used the environment to troubleshoot issues with SSRS reports and SSIS packages.
- Modified existing SSRS reports for clients.
- Modified existing SSIS packages for clients.
- Assisted IT system administrators with migrating SSIS packages and SSRS reports from the hosted environment running SQL Server 2008 R2 to the hosted environment running SQL Server 2012.
- Trained IT staff to migrate SSIS packages and SSRS reports from the hosted environment running SQL Server 2008 R2 to the hosted environment running SQL Server 2012.
- Investigated issues with SQL scripts, triggers, and stored procedures for multiple clients.
- Configured, tested, and troubleshot enterprise facility management .NET Web application solutions in IIS.
Senior Software Specialist
- Developed Python application that connected to ESRI’s ArcSDE API in order to integrate data from DBASE IV to SQL Server.
- Conducted software training for city and county government employees.
- Installed, configured, tested, and troubleshot enterprise geographic .NET Web application solutions that are used by government employees in various Windows server environments.
- Setup and configured SQL Server with users, databases, tables, views, permissions, and jobs.
- Developed and modified database SQL scripts for the purpose of extracting and transforming geographic and sensitive crime data in Microsoft SQL Server, Microsoft Access, Oracle, and IBM AS400.
- Developed SQL scripts to load data into Oracle, SQL Server, MS Access, and GIS shapefiles that use DBase IV.
- Setup Oracle database test environments with enterprise software solutions.
- Setup SQL Server database test environments with enterprise software solutions.
- Developed database reports using Crystal Reports and ComponentOne.
- Trained and mentored new employees and provided feedback to supervisor.