- Around 7+years of experience in Database development for both OLTP & OLAP using MSSQL Server 2005/2008/R2/2012.
- Experience in Application Development Analysis, Requirement Analysis, Scoping, Developing, Debugging, Testing and Documentation of various phases in a project life cycle of Client/Server Applications.
- Proficient in the use of T - SQL for developing complex Stored Procedures, Triggers, Tables, User Defined Functions, views, indexes, user profiles, Relational Database modelsData integrity, query writing and SQL joins..
- Experience in Extraction & Migration of Data from heterogeneous data sources like Excel, MS Access, Oracle, DB2 to MS SQL Server by using Import Export Wizard and SSIS,.
- Experience in creating datasets to perform reporting and included interactive drill down reports, report models and dashboard reports.
- Expertise in configuring and creating SSIS solutions for ETL and Business Intelligence Process for Data Integration and Migration services.
- Experienced in database activities like database creation and maintenance, Performance Monitoring, Tuning and Troubleshooting,
- Experience in creating Ad-hoc reports, data driven subscription reports by using Report Builder in SSRS.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills and has ability to handle multiple tasks; can take initiative to handle responsibilities independently as well as a proactive member of a team.
- MS SQL Server Integration Services 2012/R2/2008/2005, SQL, T-SQL, Visual Basic
- Oracle 10g, MS Access, MS DOS, WinNT/2000/2003/XP, PowerShell, Arc-GIS, MapPoint 2010.
Confidential, Redmond, WA
SQL Server/Kusto/Power BI Developer
- Collaborated with senior management, subject matter experts, and IT teams to define business requirements
- Worked extensively on Power BI reports, creating data models, data transformations, Used custom build visuals and from Market place, used DAX extensively for creating measure and modeling.
- Extract Transform and Load data from Sources Systems to SQL using a combination of Azure Data Factory Pipelines, T-SQL, and U-SQL Azure Data Lake Analytics Create and Maintain Data Pipeline in Azure Data Lake and COSMOS
- Data processing capacity is ~90TiB per hour per stream
- Transformed business requirements into functional and nonfunctional requirements.
- Created complex stored procedures to perform various tasks including, but not limited to: index maintenance, data profiling, metadata searches, and loading of the data mart.
- Designed, developed, and tested the ETL strategy to populate data from multiple source systems.
- Created master-child packages to consolidate data from data sources into SQL server with execute package tasks, enabling modular programming.
- Expert knowledge in developing multidimensional databases using SSAS.
- Implemented package configurations on development, test, and production environments utilizing parameters.
- Experienced in developing Data Mapping, Performance Tuning and Identifying Bottlenecks of sources, mappings, targets and sessions.
- Designed expressions to calculate, group, filter, parameterize, and format report contents.
- Delivered on-demand reports in multiple rendering formats with standard and data driven subscriptions.
- Designed and developed Power BI graphical and visualization solutions with business requirement documents and plans for creating interactive dashboards.
- Utilized Power BI (Power View) to create various analytical dashboards that depicts critical KPIs such as legal case matter, billing hours and case proceedings along with slicers and dicers enabling end-user to make filters.
- Generated ad-hoc reports in Excel Power Pivot and shared them using Power BI to the decision makers for strategic planning.
- Utilized Power Query in Power BI to Pivot and Un-pivot the data model for data cleansing and data massaging.
- Implemented several DAX functions for various fact calculations for efficient data visualization in Power BI.
- Utilized Power BI gateway to keep dashboards and reports up to-date with on premise data sources.
- Provisioned VMs with SQL Server on cloud utilizing Confidential Azure and setting up communication with the help of endpoints.
- Migrated enterprise database to Confidential Azure with Redgate and azure data factory.
- Helped to develop backup and recovery strategy for databases on virtualization platform utilizing Confidential Azure.
- Perform thorough unit testing on all relevant platforms to ensure proper implementation.
- Using Team foundation server (TFS) for managing source code changes.
- Involving in developing test cases for Unit Testing.
Environment: SQL Server 2012, T-SQL, SSMS, Excel, SSIS, SSAS, SSRS, SharePoint, Power BI, Tableau, TFS, DTA, SQL Profiler, MS Azure, Data Factory, Visual Studio.
SQL Server/SSIS Developer
- Continuously interacted with users to gather the business requirements.
- Created design specification documents for the new packages developed through SSIS.
- Designed and Created databases, tables, views, stored procedures and triggers.
- Modified existing database by adding tables and relationships.
- Creating Star and Snow Flake Schema design using Visio, defining relations between tables
- (Primary keys, foreign keys).
- Designed, modified and troubleshoot SSIS packages.
- Utilized SSIS Checkpoint, Loading Dimension with the SSIS slowly changing Dimension Wizard and used different SSIS Control Flows.
- Expertise in Configuring and managing data sources, data source views, cubes, dimensions, mining structures, roles and creating hierarchies usingSSAS.
- Created ETL in DTS packages by using Data Transform Task, VBScript task, SQL task and send Email task to migrate data from different functional databases into SQL Server 2008R2/2012.
- Created notifications, alerts to let support team know in case there are any failures.
- Migrated database from SQL server 2008 R2 to SQL Server 2012 using both Copy Database Wizard and Detach&Attach method.
- Configured Error and Event Handling: Precedence Constraints, Break Points, Check Points, Logging, TRY and CATCH Blocks.
Environment: MS SQL Server 2008R2/2012, Management Studio(SSMS), ETL, ASP.NET, Crystal Reports9.0, Data Modeling, OLAP, Data warehousing, T-SQL, DB2, SSAS, SSIS, SSRS 2008 R2/2012, .